Tree of Savior Forum

Let's talk about that subscription fee

First of all,

We have several sources already on how much TP is in US$. Conclusively, we can deduce that

1 Token = ~18 US$

This is ~50-60% more expensive than subscriptions I am used to from past online games. What do you guys think, is this price tag fine or do you want it to be lowered?

4 Likes

Not to mention it’s not even as good quality as a subscription MMO. This is the worst case scenario.

3 Likes

The penny pinching in this community is never going to stop. If you don’t agree with something, vote with your wallet by not buying it. The real problem here is that people who can afford it will buy it anyway because overall value is determined by the individual.

I don’t think the price should be lowered. Especially not in light of the disasterpiece that was just caused by making the founders access affordable to everyone. I’m sure my post sounds elitist or whatever and thats fine. But the criticism over IMC’s offerings being too expensive for how poor the current state of the game is needs to die already.

1 Like

What needs mention though is that Premium Hairstyles in this game are more expensive than the Costumes. It’s like they got everything with the pricing backwards!

I think charging more for a Premium subscription than almost every other MMO out there, is one of the worst decisions IMC can make.

I think that price tag (and therefore the associated silver cost on the market) is going to put Tokens out of reach for the majority of players, and so it will just push people to play other games.

I guess we will see based on how many Tokens IMC actually sells at that price. However, if they decide they want to lower the Token prices at a later date, they had better have a plan ready to reimburse everyone who purchased Tokens at the more expensive price. :worried:

(also, since when do Tokens increase the maximum buff count?)

1 Like

This game needs to be a one time fee of $60 with all the quality of such a purchase that also has a cosmetic only cash shop. No pay to win garbage, no pay to trade garbage, no pay to get less taxes in AH and more slots garbage, no extra buffs garbage, no enchanted scrolls garbage, just a straight up proper balanced MMO.

2 Likes

This fee is just not worth it, there are many p2p mmos out there of much higher quality and no pay2win bs that cost half of what IMC is asking for.

They even have the balls to limit the amount of trades. 18$/€ for 30 fking trades, this is beyond anything I’ve ever seen in any half-decent mmo in my life and I’ve played A LOT of them.

Hell, even Granado Espada (which has a cash shop that is pay2win from head to tails) has the decency to allow players to fking interact with each other and sell their crap.

8 Likes

Because of the design of the game. You couldn’t keep the game alive on a cash shop alone.

The character customization is quite limited because of the design of the game/characters.

They have no need to do such a thing, and probably wouldn’t. Once it is their money; it’s theirs and you can’t do a thing about it if you purchase it fairly. Just going to put that out there.

Why not? It’s extremely easy to keep a game like this on cosmetics alone, people are PLAYING this game BECAUSE of the aesthetic appeal from RO. There’s a bunch of people out there that would pay hundreds and thousands of dollars for costumes, helms, ribbons, accessories all kinds of little aesthetic only cosmetics. More than enough to sustain this game FOREVER.

2 Likes

Always the f2p bullshit that i just can’t stand. I wonder how long will i be playing this game before giving up. I’m playing FFXIV and even paying that much for a subscription is better. The balance of the game is good and everyone is happy. GW2 is also a good example of how things should be done if they want to be a make a good business practice.

On a side note, i wonder how they limit those things. It’s like they sit and discuss how they could make a player that play for free feel so miserable that they just can’t stand it so they either buy something or gtfo.

1 Like

Yeah… it’s unfortunate that it stayed at $18…

Luckily we already have some polling data which can be used to make some predictions about what might happen:

1 Like

This pricing is ■■■■■■■ stupid, plain and simple.

This game doesn’t have 1/10th the production value, quality of service, or ANY thing of ANY of the games charging 15 a month.

Clearly they are not worried enough to adjust the price, but anyone paying it is an idiot, plain and simple.