Tree of Savior Forum

Lets talk about cannonner

A3 - literally no AOE until r7 and no utility. might be hard to find party as you focus on single target dps which still get outdmg by other built. Best advantage is doing daily mission.

Scout - mainly for PVP and some survival utility for yourself

Falconer - mostly for PVE. provide some AOE before r7 and everyone love Circling and it goes very well with Multi shot.

Planning to make an archer do you think A2>Sapper2>Wugushi2> Cannoneer will work? i havent search about the net about this yet but i think this build is nice

thoughts?

Thanks for the insight, but personally speaking i donā€™t prefer falconer or circling, nothing specific, i just donā€™t like it. Maybe ill go A3.

Thatā€™s wrong. According to EternalDreamā€™s thing, Cloaking is an attack modifier not bonus damage.

And in that case it would be plugged in right at the beginning of the formula

Attack * (cloaking's 1.5) + skill damage ... Everything else

This means that Cloaking has one of the best scaling (right behind T0 modifiers).

Though yes, it definitely does not increase dps much atm since we do not have high base attack, but i cannot see it as a noob trap.

Thatā€™s wrong. Youā€™ll barely notice damage difference in skills with/without cloaking. Even with cannon blast. I normally do 85k-88k without cloaking

Edit: I stand corrected. Still, this only works for skills with huge T1 modifiers and only once we get very high base attack values. For now, the damage increase it gives is insignificant.

Iā€™ve been testing that additional 50% from Cloak lately and I just got 50% of my actual damage.

For example, normally my Spiral Arrow does 4k damage on the first arrow, it will just make it 6k (4k * 1.5) on first arrow.

Using steady aim +20% making it 7.2k on first arrow.

Been testing it for like 10 times or more, and I always see the same figures.

justsaying.

Just asking.
For your Canon blast to normally deal 85-88k dmg, How much your Physical Attack.

Hi, been checking this thread for a while now but Iā€™m still confused which class to get at Rank 6.

Currently at Lv 176 Rank5 Lv14
Archer> Ranger 3> Archer 2>???> Cannoneerā€¦

100 STR 30 CON 90 DEXā€¦

Need help which class to choose at Rank 6? And why?
Falc - Scout - Rogue?

TIA

Iā€™m sorry but you are misinformed.

You donā€™t need any big AoE until R7 grinds. Split Arrow is insanely powerful for solo (scout C3) and has some amazing PVE utilities in there.

A3 + Sc3 are not getting constantly out dpsā€™d by other builds - otherwise I wouldnt be tanking the mission bosses (all 4 of them) most of the time when there are no taunters.

Falconer looks very bad

1. Yup im referring to r7 grinds onwards. A3 + QS3 got no AOE at all.

2. The person im answering to is already A2/QS3 so how can he get Scout 3?

3. I mentioned some built right? Good example is Fletcher 3

4. Falconer is not great but certainly not as bad as what you think.

Guys, i have an A2 > QS3 and im planning to make a cannon (fits well with qs3 ?) but i really dont know the pathā€¦ im thinking Scout but i like pve too and i dont know if its worthā€¦ what about falct > cannon ? its good for pve only ? what about pvp ?

and the stats ? i have 200 str right now and 90 dexā€¦ what should i have to focus now ?

thanks guys

Im level 249 Cannoneer my total str is 170 total dex 275

Cannon Blast hit around 36K-40K depend on Enemy with steady aim buff it around 42-44K.

Cannon Shot is 17-20K with steady aim and Amor break buff is around 24K.

All this number is crit, so yea stack many Dex and Crit rate

what xbow and what cannon? upgardes? gems? lastlyā€¦ whatā€™s your current Crit Rate?

btwā€¦ what class did you take at Rank 6? :slight_smile:

Many Thanks

you can see how an cannoneer shine here
even with 4 healer (lack of dps to clear mobs)

Iā€™m skeptical with this 88k damage cannon blast. Youā€™ll still need 2.3k base damage and thatā€™s with cloakingā€™s 50% base damage, steady aimā€™s 20% damage, Lv100 attribute and critting 1.5x and you do it without cloaking. Thatā€™s also without any monster defense or level penalty.

This guy with all that gear crits for 78k Snipe in the 240 dungeon in his other video.

Hehe a R7 Paladin?
Cannon fodder :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I doubt the numbers here really unless you got very very high attributes and thatā€™s with scoutā€™s cloak. I hit 40k cannon blast crit with 340 str and 16k cannon shot crit {all without steady aim); My cannon blast attribute is 55% and cannon shot 59% and Iā€™m lvl 268. My level 280 cannoneer friend got a similar build to you (dex build) and he hits only 7k cannon shot non crit and he has agvara cannon, 2 glad bands, and etc. Show me some video and Iā€™ll believe you.

Of course you wont notice a big damage difference with Cloaking because our base damage is not high enough for now.

Iā€™m simply saying its better than what most people tend to believe. It would also mean that it favors STR builds

@Mamark
Using Split Arrow for testing isnt the greatest way to test it. We would actually need big damage to fully test and see how it works because it will become easier to tell where exactly it applies.

This is my reason why we need to use large damage to test it.

If it is truly bonus damage at the end of the formula then it increase will be essentially the same if it was applied at the beginning if the numbers are too small.

(100 * 1.5 + 180) * 6 = 1980
vs
(100 + 180) *6 + (100 * 1.5) = 1830

Itā€™s too small to notice a difference, and adding damage variance does not help with solving it.

If we used snipeā€¦

(100 * 1.5 + 6000) * 4 = 24,600
vs
(100 + 6000) * 4 + (100 * 1.5) = 24,550

It is still negligible.

However, if we were to change our base damage, things will be different because cloaking is supposed to scale off of your base damage.

Using spiral arrow again

(1000 * 1.5 + 180) * 6 = 10,080
vs
(1000 + 180) * 6 + (1000 * 1.5) = 8580
Without cloaking it would be 7080.

The only problem with this is that we canā€™t test this until we get someone who is willing to get to endgame with good gear to test itā€¦

@Vodka

16k base attack with no modifier besides the skill. (9k if crit and 7.8k with crit + 5 steady)

5k base attack w/ max attribute. (2k if crit, 1.4k w/steady + crit)

Iā€™m 100% positive his number is bs in normal situations.

1 Like

and to other cannoner as well. Do you guys actually compare the difference in dmg btw diff cannon weapons?

I did some test with practice cannon , superior cannon , agvara cannon using Cannon Shot. all 3 seem having not muc difference(200-400 dmg). really do wonder is this a bug or notā€¦