Tree of Savior Forum

Lets make Boruta great, because it never was [BORUTA SUGGESTION THREAD]

It is a shame that some of the bigger guilds made themselves absolutely UNTRUSTWORTHY to Forbidden.

If our trust in some of the other guilds hadn’t been shattered over the last couple of months then maybe the alliances would have changed at some point and more negotiations and things in Boruta could be more dynamic.

As it stands, the Melody/Forbidden truce is tried & true, and we welcome Tornado and their efforts, as new members of the alliance.

GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU.

2 Likes

I know you mean well, but this stuff is obvious for any guild leader with half a brain. What we do logistically to handle Boruta is outside the scope of this thread. It is meant to be about how the content is terrible, and has been derailed once again by your guild leader.

I also want to make this clear. Efforts to compete on Boruta are focused solely on tackling the top guild. The #2-3 AFKers are inconsequential. Means nothing that we can run over you if the #1 responds, and they will.

Your only purpose is to stack the channel with people so we can’t come in.

1 Like

If you guys were all able to get in with a high channel population increase,would it make any difference in top 3 guilds,top 30 individual or top 70%?

I think it would just delay the inevitable,it well indeed be more fun and dynamic but it wouldn’t change the outcome too much with the game being extremely laggy and all.

I was wondering can you run over #1 without #2 and #3 helping them alone without any assistance of your side as well?

I am only asking because maybe if they did increase the cap that it wouldn’t make a difference really… but who knows until it arrives here right?

Depends. When things were chaos and there were no alliances, we did alright as far as PVP goes. When we had help, we did alright as far as PVP goes. And you have to keep in mind that that’s with things already pretty stacked in one guild’s favor. If you factor in alliances, I don’t see how a guild of maybe 25 or 30 on a really good day, can reasonably handle 3 guilds of about 85-90 people total–which also begs the question of why the larger and more geared guild felt like such a large alliance was needed to handle the whole one of mine.

The big question is actually the PVE one, would any guild outside of Melody have enough DPS to kill Boruta in a timely fashion? But we’ve never really had uninterrupted time to DPS him, or had the privilege of being able to log onto PVE-oriented characters to do so. The only other guilds with reasonable numbers either can’t be there due to scheduling restrictions (ie Dynasty), or they struggle in PVE content enough that they can’t successfully do Velco, and need to run with (or buy the gear from) people in my guild (ie Forbidden). [edit: The latter isn’t technically a criticism, I also don’t mind running with people from other guilds or selling them things, there just isn’t a less dickish way to word it that I can think of]

Increasing the channel cap would be a lagfest, even the people advocating that that’s the biggest issue understand that. But that goes back to the core issue itself: The content cannot be implemented in a reasonable way.

How is buying velc from you a sign that we can’t do it? Please don’t speak about our guild passive aggressively. I’ve sold gear to your members many times, and I’ve carried your members many times, it seems like you’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel for insults. We also wiped your guild in boruta the last time and the time before you tried to come in, you needed to soul crystal 100 times to try and push us out. We didn’t brag about it, but it happened. You spent an hour on the floor insulting us, while my good friend tea-bagged you. Such a typical reply from Narcissus, passive aggressive with a hint of elitist. Your own guild members who have joined us have said you guys are a cult of elitists, maybe change the way you deal with your members? I dunno, seems like you literally can’t say anything without slandering us out-right or indirectly, believe it or not there are consequences for being a passive aggressive idiot, you get locked out of content.

I say stop complaining, start mending the bridges you’ve burned. Swallow your pride, humble yourself do w/e just stop complaining passive aggressively. Content isn’t going to change because you cry about it.

All I see is a guild that monopolizes information getting outplayed in the content which they had an advantage in, and now want to change the rules because they made a booboo. You deal with the consequences of your actions, if guilds come together against you, it’s because you have sown that seed, and must reap the rewards.

Ad hominem. Any truth in here is drowned out by the fact that Boruta is still garbage content that fails to engage in its primary feature of GVG. Please try to stick to the topic at hand at least a little please.

Fixing Boruta on IMC’s current update timeline is going to eat the rest of 2019 and give us nothing but a one day/week event to engage in. Please put that effort into smaller, easier to manage, and less toxifying content (Irredian, HG, CM, unique Raids, Housing system, etc…)

~Azura Skyy

You can’t say ad hominem everytime someone disagrees with you, especially when the person I’m responding to passive aggressively slanders my guild (instead of discussing the topic). This is the 2nd boruta topic, it’s already been discussed, I made it very clear the content is completely fine. For 1 hour and a half of work, we get the rewards we get? Some of the best content I’ve ever seen, if not for the rewards then the PVP. Look at KTOS, it’s not changing there it’s not changing here. The real problem is 1 guild is locked out of the content, every other guild is allowed to bring their members into Boruta. So that’s all this is, Impetus members calling for game devs to step in to fix their idiotic problem of making enemies of everyone.

I will say it again, ALL CONTENT CAN AND WILL BE MONOPOLIZED IN TIME.

Is this the hill you would like to die on?

Asking for a friend.

Its not about disagreeing- you have not laid out a proper argument that wasn’'t a character attack. I called ad hominem because it applied to your entire post and only partially to Narci’s. Lets look at the bulk of the post you are referring to since allegedly Narci was not ‘discussing the topic.’

Okay so in a majority of their post, it was not about your guild, other BS drama, but rather the content itself.

Now to the rest of your post-

For 90 minutes of work it is justifiable and reasonable(?) that 70% of the (100-120) people who can participate (even enter the instance since the channel cap is 100 and people are afk’ing (more on this in a moment)) get rewards that solely came from this content which leaves the other (low estimate incoming) 2000 other players of the game to have to buy it because they literally cannot participate.

And what work? Melody handles the boss and if my experience and understanding of recent weeks is to be correct, and it most certainly is in this case- Everyone but rank 1 was sitting on their keisters for at least 90% of the time. So there goes its success as PvP.

And finally the most idiotic statement made in one of these cancerous threads…

1. And yet Irredian Shelter sees farmers from Melody, Impetus, Forbidden, Sanctuary, Reroll, Glock, Tornado, FullMoonCafe, Ouroboros, 7DeadlySins, Dynasty, and the Guildless.
  2. GTW is arguably an Oligopoly but that is not what you said.
  3. Unique Raids/Legend Raids are accessible to all with no competition
  4. World Bosses see a multitude of guilds take #1- I’ve been in parties with Melody, Impetus, and Dynasty at least that have pulled off that result.
  5. Baubas cave at the peek of AFK farmers wasn’t even exclusively Melody- I saw Forbidden, that lewd panty guild I can’t remember the name of, and guildless alts of who knows on the pillars.
  6. Marketplace isn’t being run by a merchant guild.

So what is all this content that “CAN AND WILL BE MONOPOLIZED IN TIME” or do we just have to let your statement be justified in the vagueness of ‘Well time technically refers to any point form now until the end of existence’ which- even if- I do not think we will see any of those 6, or any other content monopolized as Boruta; Boruta which has seen the same guild at rank 1 since week 1.

While I know putting together a well constructed argument about the content has yet to grace us from your forum account, I am very eager to read such a reply from you if it could exist.

EDIT:Forgot a point. Added “And what work?..as PvP.”

~Azura Skyy

man you need something to do with your time than dissect everything I say out of context.
you spent an hour writing a reply, and didn’t add the part i was referring to, either you are an idiot or just plain didn’t read anything I had written.

“… or they struggle in PVE content enough that they can’t successfully do Velco, and need to run with (or buy the gear from) people in my guild (ie Forbidden)”

Yes, she definitely was on topic, talking about 2 guilds that have nothing to do with her, then slandering my guild indirectly.

Look I’m quoting stuff too, I must be smart!

“For 90 minutes of work it is justifiable and reasonable(?)”

yes, yes it is. all are invited. except impetus. next.

" 1. And yet Irredian Shelter sees farmers from Melody, Impetus, Forbidden, Sanctuary, Reroll, Glock, Tornado, FullMoonCafe, Ouroboros, 7DeadlySins, Dynasty, and the Guildless.
2. GTW is arguably an Oligopoly but that is not what you said.
3. Unique Raids/Legend Raids are accessible to all with no competition
4. World Bosses see a multitude of guilds take #1- I’ve been in parties with Melody, Impetus, and Dynasty at least that have pulled off that result.
5. Baubas cave at the peek of AFK farmers wasn’t even exclusively Melody- I saw Forbidden, that lewd panty guild I can’t remember the name of, and guildless alts of who knows on the pillars.
6. Marketplace isn’t being run by a merchant guild."

you take what I had said out of context and apply it to everything that doesn’t matter at all? When I said content, any fool would know I was referring to ENDGAME content. I.E GTW/ BORUTA. And I also used the word, IN TIME, all content IN TIME can and will be monopolized, so looking at the current state of GTW now does not make what I say untruthful. IT CAN BE MONOPOLIZED, this is truth, I wonder if you will make a big post about the day that happens too. So you spent an entire hour trying to sound smart, but actually you’re passive aggressive also.

Believe it or not, some people enjoy Boruta very much, even when they weren’t winning. It’s a shame Impetus can’t deal with loss.

A simple sorry with sincerity is something that we know will never come out of the mouth of an Impetus member (mainly the leadership). Until that apology is there, bridges won’t be built that have been burned down. Until then, every other guild is welcome in Boruta.

stop signing your ■■■■■■■ posts. /cringefest

Ktos is consistently updating Boruta to make the content more competitive, not sure how you can interpret it any other way. As much as you want to make this about us, it really isn’t.

We’ll go in reverse order this time.

Ad hominem again. This seems to imply I’m a member of Impetus which I’m not. For whatever reason, I’ve parted ways. Regardless of if I was then or now, I don’t pick my opinions on things based on those of my guildies’/guildleader’s then or now. Regardless of any of that you are trying to discredit any legitimate points because I’m not part of the right group.

I sign my posts because I signed up for forums through facebook. I’m not hiding who I am in-game. I sign them for the sake of clarity and sometimes I forget to sign them at all. If we get a signature feature I’ll go that route.

Enjoying content does not make it good or bad. You keep using subjective experience as an argument for content’s quality.

I’m not here to interpret what you might mean. I’m also not taking it out of context. I only have the context you have given me in your post. The beauty of the forums and my ‘hour trying to sound smart’ is that I was able to outline in great detail my points and counter points while leave no room for vagueness or interpretation.

GTW is end-game content and is in my list. Baubas/Irredian are the two highest level HG’s and thus some form of end-game. Incidentally the former was/is highly populated by the most end-game guild, Melody. Ignas, Velcoffer, and World Bosses are also end-game so even if you were talking about end-game, it appears as though I was as well.

I don’t see GTW being monopolized. As it stands Melody has attempted and failed to take two maps for the second week in a row. If something changes or anyone brings a serious fault with the content to my attention I will gladly criticize it if I think it can be made better.

I agreed with you that Narci was partially off-topic (see quote from my OP below) but offense was taken rather than given in this instance. I’ve run raids with people in a variety of guilds including Forbidden. Lemon330 did not know the mechanics of FFL or Ignas (I forget which) when I ran it with him. For what reason he had not run the raid before with a guild he had been a part of for months I’m not going to hypothesize. Suffice it to say there could be any number of reasons.

EDIT:I quoted the wrong part of my OP

~Azura Skyy

I think it’d be engaging GvG content if it was designed in a way that would promote actual fighting. As it stands, no one is fighting anymore. That’s pretty boring.

In order to promote GvG, I believe three things need to be balanced:

Winning should be rewarding

This gives purpose to trying to win. Clearly, the rewards are pretty good since people are upset about not getting them. However, they’re not so good that everyone is willing to put everything on the line to get them. Many people would rather do something else and let some guilds kill Boruta unopposed. Maybe that’s okay because right now some might say they don’t feel like they’re missing out on ‘too much’.

Losing shouldn't be too punishing

No one wants to waste time and resources. Right now, if you are not on the winning side, going into Boruta means spending a couple hours and dying a load of times at a chance of most likely getting nothing. You need to be on the winning team to get into the top 70%. Even if they leave you alone, you probably won’t get a chance to get points from the gimmicks.

Players should feel that it is worth their time

At the end of the day players want to get something out of the game. Maybe they want rewards to make the rest of their game experience enjoyable. Or maybe they want some sort of competition that they can win to boost their ego.

As I pointed out before, players want some sort of reward for winning or losing. A lot of players will fall into the group where they feel like there is zero chance of winning, so they’ll look at what the rewards are for losing (hint: right now it’s nothing). Even if the chances of winning aren’t zero and are instead very small, the rewards aren’t good enough justify betting on such a small chance. If the chances were better (due to mechanics that make it difficult to win week-after-week) or if people were rewarded more when they lose, then we might see people try Boruta again.

As for the spirit competition: I’m sorry, but most players don’t have enough time and ego to care about beating up all the other guilds for its own sake. Spending several hours in a Sisyphean fight only to lose then spend the next weeks getting berated by the winning group is far from fun.

It’s very easy to say, “not worth my time,” and a lot of guilds do that with GTW as well.

1 Like

Why Not?:
That is unfair to those players in top 3 guilds but no in individual top 30. Top 1/2/3 guild get 30/10/? cubes and 10/4/? seals correspondently. I, as one of those in top 3 guild but no in individual top 30, can confirm this happen every week. We are not getting double rewards for half work but we simply get nothing even under the current reward system.

If you are top 1 guild with 30cubes, your guild master might still be able to give you cubes as rewards but seals? Never
if you are top 2 / 3 guild. Cubes are way not enough to feed the guild members and no need to even mention Seals.

Moverover, most of the time if you are not in top 3 guild, basically you don’t even have a chance to damage Boruta. Another word, you are just AFK/running around for survive pts. I don’t see why the top 30 should excludes players in top3 guild and only count players that could not even do substantial damage to Boruta.

I would say the idea a guild-scale pvp/pve hybrid content is a great idea. However, the game itself limits the fun:
1. Map capacity > only 100ppl as a gvg content is just a joke.
2. Crash/VGA/lag/whatever shxt > better hardware maybe? I am not good at this but we really need better stability/environment to have fun for such a gvg content.

I will avoid giving further comments before the new Boruta contribute system launch in itos.

People still being salty and toxic over one of IMC’s usual unbalanced content 2 months after Boruta is released, and the ones at the top saying there’s no problem as always.

Just another day of ToS, nothing new. Figured people would get used to IMC’s shenanigans by now. Jkjk.

2 Likes

" If you are top 1 guild with 30cubes, your guild master might still be able to give you cubes as rewards but seals? Never
if you are top 2 / 3 guild. Cubes are way not enough to feed the guild members and no need to even mention Seals."

But for real, about Boruta,
I get that Klaipedia’s Primary Boruta Guild-Alliance could only be toppled if there were MASSIVE shifts in the ToS Guilded Player Community. Some guild would have to form that could actually beat the first alliance in straight DPS and PvP ability (VIA numbers or gear or both).
That would take TONS of time and effort,
But that is how it is for now and IMC is slow to change anything. So my earlier point was just about a way to deal with the issue (Boruta) as it is NOW.
It is an unrealistic expectation.

My other point was that we might have had a more competitive/dynamic Boruta experience if all of the guilds were on more neutral terms and were not slandering eachother left and right in the forum. I am in Forbidden, so I did speak from my perspective on that point.

I agree that Boruta needs an overhaul and is not in a good place to function in a fun and meaningful way in the climate that is Klaipedia Server. Most of the complaints here on this thread are viable, but in a way Boruta as it is reminds me of real life: Its not fair.

-Edit #1-
slandering eachother EVERYWHERE

What is really funny is that anyone besides the Melody alliance entering actually helps you guys, because that is one more person who won’t get the 70% individual rewards, and thus one more person that will on your side.

It makes sense for us to just stay out and let your bottom 30% suffer.

Well then, that sounds like a possible change I could get on board with, among a few others.

Another peaceful Boruta next week then? Or April Fools?

3 Likes

the only way to get melody out of boruto is if all the other guilds combine just like melody did absorbing cutenotlewd, lotus and some others so they wont kill each other but egos are too big and it wont happen xD happy boruto everyone

1 Like

Why is this a ego thing? Ppl created their guild for a reason, no matter is to help other ppl, or ppl in different time zone or other social community reason. A server with the ability to coexist various guild is what makes the environment mutual rich and the base stand point of a MMO. This everyone merge into a few guild trend is what really killed RO2, and I’m seeing it happening right now on TOS.

1 Like