Tree of Savior Forum

[Lets have a talk]A more efficient way to ban bots, hackers etc

I didn’t mean event as like the event starts and then the player uses the skill. It would more than likely be a skill the player can use that works like heal on the ground and it would flag the character and add a timed debuff on their whole account.

I also said you can not stop the timer only pause it for two reasons, and if you fail to complete the event (which I use as like whatever IMC wants us to do to prove we are human) before 5 mins are up you go to jail. To me, if you log out, and let the 5 mins pass, you failed. So even if you log in after 5 mins, I think you should be auto warped to jail anyway, and wait the 30mins+.

Anyway, my first idea was to make it part of the game and give players something to do on their off time, and the second was just to keep it from being to unforgiving if you were to mess up (Like I seem to be good at doing). All I want is to have some kind of thing in place to where players can be a lot more involved in getting rid of the bots since there are a lot more of us than there are of GMs. I think if there is a system that allows the player to do 70% of the battle against them, then it would help the GMs out a lot.

I agree to that. More so on the last statement… 6 hours of waiting for a plane would be more fun in TOS…

I have another idea.
When triggered, circles with numbers will appear on the floor in some positions
, and on the chat will show
“Enter the circles with numbers and make it’s sum result in x(number)”.

You have 3 chances, if the sum is incorrect, the chances will deplete, if you
succeed, you are free from the anti bot and gain an extra exp, if not… Well, the devs decide.

I have a special idea
Hackers and robots from the direction of view
In fact, nothing more than hope to get benefits from the game, but not with destruction game
IMC may consider the following points

1. Cancel Games Coins transaction between the players, but you can trade equipment
  2. Open the common player warehouse
  3. The auction is set by the IMC commodity prices highest auction price
  4. Increase the TP Games Coins can be exchanged for game currency

Eliminate the danger for players to buy game currency from hackers or robots to reduce the game full of robots

P.S My idea is to use Google translation

So you want a easy life for hackers? Hmm noice :wink:

The highest level bot/hack screen I’ve seen was in the 40s. Are bots even having a major impact on the game?

Yeah, there will always be bots, but I don’t mind it as long as they can’t live past the early levels, it means they are getting taken care of.

I believe the best way of beating the bots up, would be discovering how they are made,
or break one bot software’s source and discover how to counteract it.

It doesn’t help. RO’s bot was open source, and many people understand the code inside out (including me). Look at the state of RO.

On a side note, modkore (an open source RO bot) is what introduced me into programming.

1 Like

but it took about 2 years to crack RO’s padded packets that allowed to write alternative client (a.k.a OpenKore).

Would it be too hard to change the packet encoding algorythm constantly to break the current OpenKore Implementation?

Edit: on second thought, I think I’m underestimating the power of open source.

Hum, Trickster Online, I does not remember seeying a bot or hack on it.

1 Like

hmmm idk if its count but i do remmeber to see a lot drill bots in the private server.

…not worth hacking?

The “most efficient way” is …
Don’t play this game at all. xD
perfect!!!

I believe most MMO is bot-able unless there isn’t enough player base where it doesn’t attract the hacker.

The Drill Bots are because of a Pet Driller, it gives a skill that makes your character afk drill.

I have a pretty simple solution. Require everyone to register with their credit/debit card to create an account, maybe charge a symbolic sum of say 1$ or whatever. Then when someone has been found out to engage in hacking/botting. Ban that credit/debit card owner since their real name and adress is known from the bank issuer its easy to stop them from accessing their account and from creating a new account to migrate to. How many people with the exact same name lives at the same place really? It will not stop botters and hackers completly but it will make the process of creating new accounts very limited and thus reduce the problems that many free to play games suffer from.

Basically you are saying that the game should have a subscription to solve all this? WoW stills suffers from boting and gold selling, and Blizzard is a huge company… your solution is rlly not well thought… The most efficient way is incorporating the community to the bot hunting system in some way, because i don’t see that IMC alone can control that (i hope to be wrong) but the idea of incorporate an skill to test if someone is a bot or just casually grinding is a good one, it just have to be done in a way that is not abused and instead of helping the community you actually end up giving a tool for troll entertainment.

No. Actually its about verifying that the user is not using multiple accounts. When a game is free to play* one can create an unlimited ammount of accounts. Usually one just have to fill in a new email adress, register and verify that he or she has access to that mail account. But the problem is one email adress does not equate to one person in reality.

But if the service provider knows who someone is due to their banking details having been disclosed at account creation. Banning people for hacking and or botting offences can be made permanent for that individual. Even if one has accesss to several credit/debit cards the owner is still the same. One can use others peoples cards but im sure few would have access to many outside their family anyway, thus limiting new accounts for those missusing the service.

The point is. If you have something at stake to loose and loose permanetly you will most certainly be on your best behavior. If you can just make a new account when one gets banned then you have no obligation to behave.