Tree of Savior Forum

[Lets have a talk]A more efficient way to ban bots, hackers etc

disabling the trade was a great solution against botters despite so many hate recieved from the players, i really like that you have to wait for a certain time to obtain the silver earned for selling items in the market.

it’s really annoying how these botters just keep coming back with new accounts because they hardly lose anything, ip blocking them won’t work either since the most of them already use a vpn…

This does not apply to income from grinding, only from vending and trading, which isn’t all that alarmingly big as gold purchases tend to be. Anyway, less money around = lower prices. To me, that’s enough a win. not to mention that the 30% tax with a 20% token subsidy seems way worse, as you’re making it harder on F2P players to build any fortunes, that’s one of the things that made people actually disappointed. In theory, you’d have to be either buying large sums of silver, or serlling a ton of expensive drops (from botting) in a short timespan to incur in any high end taxes. Most players won’t, and these who actually do… well, they’re already getting a very large sum of money.

I tell you, the tax system is not something that players will notice (much less understand) first-hand. Players with low income will barely note it, these in the big leagues will learn to live with it, and the transition between the former two will be easier.

Btw, i just reviewed your proposed formula and found an error in the very 1st line of your math:

[quote=“Snivs, post:1, topic:126238”]
Base tax = 0.8% = 0.08
[/quote]And then you have many more calculus errors. For example:

[quote=“Snivs, post:1, topic:126238”]
You sell an item for 50k, you have 1 base iteration and suprased 5 limits so far (10k,20k,30k,40k and 50k), so you’re getting 6 iteratinons. Your tax is 1-(1-0.8%)^(6 iterations) = 1-0.92^6 = 0.0471 = 4.71%
[/quote]i’ll just note that 0.92^6 = 0.606. Then if you subtract that from 1 you’ll get 1 - 0.606 = 0.394 or 39.4% tax.

[quote=“Snivs, post:22, topic:126544”]
To me, that’s enough a win. not to mention that the 30% tax with a 20% token subsidy seems way worse
[/quote]While it is a poor implementation it allows to monetize for Nexon which seems to be the main focus behind the rushed game release. You progressive tax leaves very little room for monetization… well, they could make base tax 10% and reduce it to 5% for token users but that will be rather hard to comprehend and calculate for average player, so fixed numbers work the best for them.

I’ve written it so many times, but using 0.92^6 comes across as using a base 8% tax, we’re trying to use 0.8% tax as base, making the correct operation 1-0.992^6=0.0471=4.71% which actually is the intended calculation, you can see all the correct calculations by visiting the estimation spreadsheet, I’ll correct any typos I find, thanks for pointing these out.

Leaving little room for monetization? The game is practically a money-making machine that will just get juicier as long as IMC doesn’t go all nexon-greedy on the international community. A satisfied customer is bound to bring more customers…

I don’t see how scaling taxes up takes off room from monetization, care to enlighten me?

I was thinking the same but was too lazy to write :anguished:
Need to cut the problem at its reason/source.
Thank you Sir!

@nizidr
You can index itens by the name or name+number, the other things you’ll need to browse a little to find what you really want. In the end it will looks like Dragon nest Auction House.

There are way to many variables in ToS to use that system and as a result it cant be used to fight RMTers.

I know, its what im saying.

So you want a market where you can do a precise search?
You cand add some check box to filter it a bit i think. Something like gem, potential, etc…

But it wont stop gold sellers at all.

Hmmm, potential it might be, but i think the security should be strengthen within steam itself. I think TOS or IMC need to talk with steam so that its controllable and manageable. VAC never go wrong, but again, I dont know TOS will be under steam ? or is it going to be stand alone? apologize with my short knowledge and my proficiency of English.

1 Like

I guess I got an idea that may be annoying.
If a player stays for too long fighting monsters on a field,
could happen something like fatigue that makes so the player
gets penalties on most statuses if the player does not find a place
to rest near a bonfire.

And since the bonfire placing system is an ass to make it work,
the bot could end up dying trying to place the bonfire,
then this is a really great way of combatting bots.

this system already exists: if you kill 1000 monsters on one map game will summon death reaper right on top of you and you’ll probably die.

2 Likes

That system does not works everywhere, only on Dungeons, so bots are safe on field.

My party managed to summon one on Tiltas Valley map when we were farming pigs… Afaik that map was/is not a dungeon.

1 Like

Meanwhile, several bots are grinding on Miner’s Village or Kvailas Forest for days.

There are also bots on pantos archers.

I think if we lower silver drops from mobs and lower the npc resale value of items (making scroll, mats and misc. stuff like 1 silver). Lowering of silver from mobs would slow down the process and make it less worth while and more time consuming for botters. The also wouldn’t be able to sell drops for much profit. They could probably improve silver and drop in instances that are a bit harder to bot (hopefully) and has a daily limit.

Then all bots will go to the auction.

Lowering the amount of silver flow wont make the process slower, it will increase the value of silver and that is better for botters coz it would be more valuable sell things and ingame money for real money and the harder is to get things the more grind you have to do and thats why also bots are used.

The only thing that would be useful against bots is implementing a good reporting system and a ppl dedicated to investigate those reports, and maybe some way to check sudden increase in ammounts of silver in accounts. Not even WoW is safe from bots or gold sellers and is Blizzard the company behind that game, a huge company with lots of resources.

3 Likes

Imc could release their “bot” in the game. A automatic pilot for the player to configure basic functions.
If the game has its own “bot” why using another??

1 Like

You don’t get the point. Bots are the problem. We don’t want them

1 Like