Tree of Savior Forum

[Lets have a talk]A more efficient way to ban bots, hackers etc

Yeah.

Only hope is reports and active GM’s checking strange logs and supiscioiuos things.

In ro i was known as bot hunter xD.
I farmed some areas that were beloved by bots … hydra cards, phenon cards and co.

Teleport Bot … run kill … teleport on 12 cells away from player!

On one day … i had an Gm ban 7 people xD.
Then he warped me into prison too “So now i will get a coffee.” and left me there for 30 minutes xD. Together with bots that were trying to run away from me. As they couldnt teleport xD.

I think the “Like/Dislike” would be a nice feature for it.
A player received lots of dislikes? Get’s warped into prison for x amount of time.
After checked by an GM if he responds, when he’s runnign around ( and not obviously a bot).

Global will be hopefully our bot pranger … “Hey guy’s theres a bot here.”
Massive party!

2 Likes

a way to ruin someone’s day by getting spammed dislikes by a group of bored players…
You put up too expensive/too cheap gem roasting service? Get them all the dislikes and go to jail while you are offline.

Way to get rid of competition instead of bots.

5 Likes

I’ll use an example from another game called Dofus. In Dofus, gear can also be modified. Ofcourse it doesn’t have enhancing or a potential system, but the stats can be modified (so let’s just say it has breiquetting/awakening and gems as that’s pretty much that’s what you do to gear in that game). When you search up an item, it’ll show every possible version of that item, at it’s cheapest possible price. Higher priced items won’t show up, so it’ll appear like this:

Now to bring potential in to the game and +1 - +? seems a little difficult and excessive. Perhaps when searching the marketplace you can have modifiers in your search option like:

1. When searching for a weapon/armor, you can choose these options:
  • Highest Potential
  • Lowest Potential
  • Briquet % (choose a value)
  • Has gem slots (choose a value)
  • A check box for each color gems that you are looking for
  • The enhancement value you are looking for

I think that makes it specific enough while letting you see more without really having to select something, and using a similar output like the Dofus marketplace, you can still see more than 1 iteration of an item, but it will still be the cheapest version of that iteration.

forgot about that…

i’m not sure if I agree with that idea either, but what they could do is after a person is jailed, they will be reviewed to see if they were actually botting/etc.

If they weren’t, then anyone that gave them the dislikes will be banned (be it temporary or permanent).

Then you can also improve on the idea, that the dislikes have to all appear within a short period of time, so as to prevent it flagging players that are just not very likeable.

1 Like

If you don’t wanna read the long post:

TL;DR: Give higher taxes to players earning more money, so that purchasing silver is heavily taxed when using the market or even 1:1 trading.

Extended Version: I have discussed several changes to tax in order to make it harder to purchase silver in this topic: Preparing for a Healthy Economy in the International Server:

While I am conscious it will not eradicate the issue, it’ll surely make it harder for gold sellers to provide large sums of silver in short timespans… like… oh, you instantly earned 100m silver? Here’s your 26% tax; You earned these 100m silver in different transactions? We can adjust these taxes to fit your total income, too.

The formula breakpoints can be adjusted to make it even steeper, so that players with humongous incomes (gold buyers), get much higher taxes, while not taxing players with lower incomes as hard.

I really believe this system can be tarnished as the server economy sees required, imagine 50% taxes when earning over 100m a day, sounds absurd, but 100m is a big amount to earn in a single day…

1 Like

These flags would require GM/Admin review, and I really, really, really don’t like the way that goes.

Let’s make botting not that worthy silver-wise, and then give big punishment to these who dare to bot.

Yeah, just thought I’d try to improve on the idea, but I think it’d be an excessive amount of reviewing to get anything done.

As long as monsters drop silver or items that can be vended for silver - there will be bots.

[quote=“FatePGN, post:14, topic:126544”]
I think that makes it specific enough while letting you see more without really having to select something, and using a similar output like the Dofus marketplace, you can still see more than 1 iteration of an item, but it will still be the cheapest version of that iteration.
[/quote]You forgot that Briquetting gives randomized bonus that makes each briquetted item unique. Do you think that it’ll be hard to find a variation that is not currently on market for RMTers to use? That means that your proposed system will achieve nothing it was designed for. What works fine for one game might not in another which is currently the case here.

[quote=“FatePGN, post:16, topic:126544”]
If they weren’t, then anyone that gave them the dislikes will be banned (be it temporary or permanent).
[/quote]Any automated system for catching/punishing bots has way too many flaws.You forgot about false positives. If you’ve met a player that mindlessly kills monsters and doesnt want to talk to you (a normal condition after you’ve grinded for 6-8 hours straight) and you flag them as suspected bot you risk being punished for false report yourself while you werent exactly wrong. So either system can be abused or it wont be used at all.

The only system that might work is just flagging suspected characters for personal GM review after character gets certain amount of reports. There should not be any automation ever. And even then system is prone to mistakes.

[quote=“Snivs, post:17, topic:126544”]
Give higher taxes to players earning more money, so that purchasing silver is heavily taxed when using the market or even 1:1 trading.
[/quote]I had a little conversation with you in that thread… Anyway i think that diminishing returns depending on grinding time in a grinding game (thats what your progressive tax system is in a nutshell) might alienate players towards devs more that they currently are.

disabling the trade was a great solution against botters despite so many hate recieved from the players, i really like that you have to wait for a certain time to obtain the silver earned for selling items in the market.

it’s really annoying how these botters just keep coming back with new accounts because they hardly lose anything, ip blocking them won’t work either since the most of them already use a vpn…

This does not apply to income from grinding, only from vending and trading, which isn’t all that alarmingly big as gold purchases tend to be. Anyway, less money around = lower prices. To me, that’s enough a win. not to mention that the 30% tax with a 20% token subsidy seems way worse, as you’re making it harder on F2P players to build any fortunes, that’s one of the things that made people actually disappointed. In theory, you’d have to be either buying large sums of silver, or serlling a ton of expensive drops (from botting) in a short timespan to incur in any high end taxes. Most players won’t, and these who actually do… well, they’re already getting a very large sum of money.

I tell you, the tax system is not something that players will notice (much less understand) first-hand. Players with low income will barely note it, these in the big leagues will learn to live with it, and the transition between the former two will be easier.

Btw, i just reviewed your proposed formula and found an error in the very 1st line of your math:

[quote=“Snivs, post:1, topic:126238”]
Base tax = 0.8% = 0.08
[/quote]And then you have many more calculus errors. For example:

[quote=“Snivs, post:1, topic:126238”]
You sell an item for 50k, you have 1 base iteration and suprased 5 limits so far (10k,20k,30k,40k and 50k), so you’re getting 6 iteratinons. Your tax is 1-(1-0.8%)^(6 iterations) = 1-0.92^6 = 0.0471 = 4.71%
[/quote]i’ll just note that 0.92^6 = 0.606. Then if you subtract that from 1 you’ll get 1 - 0.606 = 0.394 or 39.4% tax.

[quote=“Snivs, post:22, topic:126544”]
To me, that’s enough a win. not to mention that the 30% tax with a 20% token subsidy seems way worse
[/quote]While it is a poor implementation it allows to monetize for Nexon which seems to be the main focus behind the rushed game release. You progressive tax leaves very little room for monetization… well, they could make base tax 10% and reduce it to 5% for token users but that will be rather hard to comprehend and calculate for average player, so fixed numbers work the best for them.

I’ve written it so many times, but using 0.92^6 comes across as using a base 8% tax, we’re trying to use 0.8% tax as base, making the correct operation 1-0.992^6=0.0471=4.71% which actually is the intended calculation, you can see all the correct calculations by visiting the estimation spreadsheet, I’ll correct any typos I find, thanks for pointing these out.

Leaving little room for monetization? The game is practically a money-making machine that will just get juicier as long as IMC doesn’t go all nexon-greedy on the international community. A satisfied customer is bound to bring more customers…

I don’t see how scaling taxes up takes off room from monetization, care to enlighten me?

I was thinking the same but was too lazy to write :anguished:
Need to cut the problem at its reason/source.
Thank you Sir!

@nizidr
You can index itens by the name or name+number, the other things you’ll need to browse a little to find what you really want. In the end it will looks like Dragon nest Auction House.

There are way to many variables in ToS to use that system and as a result it cant be used to fight RMTers.

I know, its what im saying.

So you want a market where you can do a precise search?
You cand add some check box to filter it a bit i think. Something like gem, potential, etc…

But it wont stop gold sellers at all.

Hmmm, potential it might be, but i think the security should be strengthen within steam itself. I think TOS or IMC need to talk with steam so that its controllable and manageable. VAC never go wrong, but again, I dont know TOS will be under steam ? or is it going to be stand alone? apologize with my short knowledge and my proficiency of English.

1 Like

I guess I got an idea that may be annoying.
If a player stays for too long fighting monsters on a field,
could happen something like fatigue that makes so the player
gets penalties on most statuses if the player does not find a place
to rest near a bonfire.

And since the bonfire placing system is an ass to make it work,
the bot could end up dying trying to place the bonfire,
then this is a really great way of combatting bots.

this system already exists: if you kill 1000 monsters on one map game will summon death reaper right on top of you and you’ll probably die.

2 Likes