Tree of Savior Forum

Let us talk about the Guilds, lets try improve this one

You’ll remember we gathered information about the casual contents last time.
From there we asked things like farms, animals, riding horse… and so on.
We expect to receive the answers from devs about that suggestions.
Like, how do they think, we think we could do this, we can’t do that.

But today, I would like to ask you something else.

It’s about the Guild System.

I would like to gather and make a suggestion to the Devs, that what we require more
And What could make users want to join, and enjoy time in the Guild community

This also could include fixing bugs alike, but I would like to go deeper so to speak,
What content we are missing in the Guild System.
Or this Guild content should be reinforced as, or in which way.

Like I said quite long time ago, every Idea is welcomed, since every idea could inspire others.
Don’t be Shy. Its okay we need tons of bad ideas, and this could lead to good one.

This thread will be opened until next Tuesday, EST 22th of May 23:59.

5 Likes

Guild Feedback

Guilds are an essential part of TOS, especially in ITOS. They are often the place to find a consistent player base, they are the knowledge hubs, and are a great source of content. By expanding on the features of guilds, and making it something to invest, and progress in, guilds can further solidify their place as not just a community, but as content.

Increase Max Level

• Decrease EXP Required per Level but overall still higher
  • Max Level 50

New Guild Instance System

• Uses Premium Tickets (more on them below)
  • Can be used to open Guild Instances which are special Guild versions of zones with increased rates of EXP and drops
  • Guild Instances would include: Hunting Grounds of various levels, good levelling instances, Guild exclusive World Bosses, Unique Raids, and other content

New Perks

• Increased Seed Amount
  • Decreased Seed Grow Time
  • Decreased Crafting Time (to all Guild Members logged in)
  • Decreased Guinea Pig Growth time
  • Increased Guild Customisation and Cosmetics Allowed (more on that below)
  • Future Ideas

New Ticket System

• Standard Tickets are used for current missions, x2 the amount can be bought in per week from the Guild Shop (more on that below)
  • Premium Tickets are used for opening Guild Instances, temporary improvements in, crafting and guinea pig, and seed time, higher EXP and better drops in Guild instances, along with various other buffs
  • Premium tickets are expensive and can be bought in very limited quantities, are obtained from in game content such as cubes, normal mobs, GM compensations, events, Adventure Journal, TBL and other content

Guild Contribution Update

• Contribution Page that Tracks Current and Former Members
  • Contributions can be gained from current content, events, adventure journal, (basically by completing content you automatically give points to your guild)
  • % of Guild Contributions are sent to Guild Funds
  • % of Guild Contributions are given to Players as Personal Guild Funds that Players can spend individually

New Guild Shop System

• Guild Funds obtained through Guild Contributions, and GVG/TW
  • Guild Funds are used to buy more Basic Tickets (up to a weekly limit), more Premium Tickets, Guild Cosmetics, Accessories, Buy a limited amount of Guild EXP, buy cosmetics and customisations of the Guild Hall, and Guild Tower

• Personal Guild Funds are obtained based on an Individuals Contribution to the Guild
  • They can be spent on Guild Cubes that have their own loot table (including materials, albums, attribute points and other rewards), Unique Cosmetics, Attribute Points, Limited quantities of Multipliers, Dungeon Resets, and even other Instance Resets (like Saalus and Legendary Raids), and other items

New Guild Cosmetic and Customisation System

• Can be bought with Guild Funds
  • New Guild Hangout map, Furniture, Visual Guild Tower Changes, Buy Personal NPCs like Repair or Merchants
  • The amount of Cosmetics a Guild has access to is based off of the corresponding Perk Level
  • More Guild Cosmetics and Customisations can be bought with TP, and are bound to the Guild Leader so regardless if they leave the guild or not they always have access to them
  • Additional Guild Cosmetics can be obtained through existent in game content, such as Mob and Cube Drops, events, GM Compensation, and other means

Guild Co-Leaders

• Allow the Creation of Fully Functional Guild Co-Leaders
  • Able to do all the same things as each other
  • Both Leaders must be present to delete a Guild
  • Both Must have Templars
  • Allow for More than just Two Leaders

Guild Announcements

• Looks Similar to System Announcements
  • New Guild Authority that can be granted to members

Adventure Journal Integration

• Integrate Guild Board Into the Adventure Journal
  • Rank Guilds
  • Display Guild Names of Players

Guild Emblems

• Remove the Outline
  • Create a Default List of Ones to Choose From (could even make an Art contest from this)

Current Guild Missions

• Rework of Rewards to Accommodate the above and future changes
  • Rebalance of Current Missions to Make Bosses more unique, less frustrating and general mechanic rework of them
  • Better variety of missions that include Boss Raids, Problem Solving Missions (like puzzles, parkour, and Stealth), Defence Missions, and more

Open Guild War Rework

• Allow the Guild Tower to be made defencible, by building up to four defencive towers of your choosing to it, these can be unlocked through Guild Perks and bought with Guild Funds
  • Won through whoever has the highest kill count, with massive bonus points given to Guild Tower destruction
  • A Guild must declare it will be attacking a Guild Tower one hour before, and all Guild Members can be teleported to it for free upon the assault beginning
  • Rewards include Guild Funds, and Individual Contributions for those who participated and fought
  • The Guild that loses has a set amount of Guild Funds “taken” that they must pay off before further investing in their Guild (this is to avoid win trading)
14 Likes

regarding customization. is it possible that it’s to a level that we can create our own mapping inside the hangout? so that each guild will have a different feel aside from cosmetic arrangements?

6 Likes

That would be possible.

4 Likes

oh oh! and cosmetics (flags, tapestry etc) that shows the guild emblem OwO
like this ‘w’/

would be nice if guild tower from outside would display the emblem instead of a letter G (cept if guild has no emblem)

I received suggestion from one of our Devs, about possibilites with similar issues.
I will put this with that one.
Hmm… Guild tower maybe… maybe it’s going to be hard.

But why not, lets add this also to the list.

We could think that Systematic possiblity evaluation LATER.
Idea comes first!

5 Likes

well i haven’t participated into guild wars. but is there a current feature that a tower has its own defensive skills (shield, spikes, moat, turret etc)

the open field war is nice, but lacks on awards and organization.
we need to reorganize the towering factor of war.
Why not make the tower reachable only 1h a day and the guild that destroys the tower wins a bonus, while the destroyed one loses something?

• Guild Castles

Guilds should be able to build a Fort Structure on conquered maps. The Fort will begin as a little house and everytime the Guild is capable of defending the position on the Territory Wars, the house would raise. If they loose the war, their castle will be destroyed. One Guild can have only one Fort.

When a guild has a Fort it will became their new Hangout. Members will have the ability to set Shops, Farm and Craft Faster inside the fort. Every Fort Level will give more benefits. The Fort level will affect on the War too. The time to conquer a bigger fort will be longer. And why not some sentries?

When it reaches the Max Level the guild would receive some additional % percentage of the XP farmed from all players on this map. Something between 1-2%. Like a TAX. But this won’t affect the actual player farm. It will just give an additional value to the guild, helping it to level UP.

Higher level maps = more silver per monster. There should be Territory Wars on many different level maps. Bigger Guilds will seek higher maps while smaller guilds seek lower ones.

1 Like

Maybe allowing you to warp into your guild hideout/Next to your guild tower from goddesses statues could be nice. People always place their guild towers near towns or warps, because theres no way to warp to it.

5 Likes

MAKE UOSIS PLANTABLE ON GUILD HANGOUT PLEASE :tired:

4 Likes

Make a alliance sistem for GTW and open field wars

Guild Hangout custumization, expand the hangout area to create rooms, floors(like 5 floor at max), paths, and cultives;
Turn the “Allow outsider to enter the guild hangout” to make it into a raid/dungeon/instance, gain point to upgrade and level up the guild. Monster can be place using red/blue monster orbs and boss cards, they level and stats, atk, m.atk, def and m.def comes from equipaments, like the pets, and they level come from “food equips(like using equips to level up gems)”, talts and materials. and rewards come basead on number of monster and boss monster defeated in the guild tower, rewards to guild challenge can be chest ons from the guild raid, and for who challenge the towers, Atributes points, abrasive gem, practonium, enchant scroll and useful stuff for end game;

2 Likes

I think it would be neat if different guilds could specialize in certain areas based on which skills they put points into. For example, maybe there could be a skill which increases your guild’s attack in GvG scenarios by 0.25% per skill level and it goes to level 5 or 10 or something—nothing too drastic, but enough that GvG oriented guilds will invest in it. Then there could also be more skills focused on farming, as well as more gardening/farming features added, so that some guilds can specialize in agriculture. This could include unlocking more plots for planting, more seeds becoming available in the templar master’s shop, or even a better watering can which will fill up the plants’ watering gauge more quickly or cause the crops to yield more materials when harvested. Perhaps there could also be a skill that grants the guild master access to blueprints for crafting furniture for the hangout. Not sure if these would work, just some hastily thrown together ideas.

7 Likes

on SA the comunity its so toxic, everyones knows that big guilds are managed by SA players who skam or have a personal dispute with others players.
in my own experience I was an active member from a big guild and I complete every goald to help others players. since farm every material for 315 weapon for others players to get the first 3 places on WB when they was released.
but afther that I was expelled by a moral conflict.

so at least I hope that my expelling was refound by some of my time invest on that guild. for example I invested like 7000 talt on that guild and I would like hope to got them back to invest on another guild.

or maybe if the leavel of the guild was based on the team lvl from each guild member instead talt, I would not have wasted somuch time and talt on that guild

1 Like

Add Guild Alliance System.

Allows Small population guild to merge with A guild with a lot of members ( Because seems like the future war will favor those guild w/ a lot of members ) --> (if successful) ----- > Will lead to a Fraction Guild System ----> Devs will be force to Add more ideas to the Guild System as a whole = More Content and more WAR and more ideas will emerge.

2 Likes

Guild Upgrade

• Decrease in half the consume of talt
  • Make a guild quest that influence in guild upgrade and contribution
  • Every 25 guild quest completed guild members gain perman 1% exp bonus.[EDIT]
  • Make a scorting system, so players can scort goods map to map, like scorting goods NPC on main citys, he gave a goods box and teleport you to certain map then u have to scort the goods to other NPC. That influence on upgrade and contribution , and if you finish u won 25.000 silver.
  • Scort Plunderer system, if someone start a scort all guilds recieve a pop-up like guild raid to plunder, but each player can plunder 1 time. maximum players plundering one scort is 3 on map, if he dies trying plunder he got teleport out. But if he got successful he got 10 talt.
    Guild Hangout
  • Guild got 3 type of casual hangouts: Guild Lv. 1 ~ 9, a wooden poorly made hangout, 10 ~16 more sophisticated look, 17+ a gorgeous look .
  • Guild Battle hangouts: only unlock when you won a field take GVG, open a new map for guild, and future GVG the other guild have to destroy guild throne area to won the war and take field and guild map for him.
    Guild Field Bonus
    If you won a field on GVG, during that time you have field area, the members recieve a bonus of 30% of EXP/Silver/Drop rate on that area.
    Guild World Reputation
  • A patents military system for player inside guild, he can raise the patent depending on contribution, like 0 ~999 point recruit, 1000~2000 a soldier…
    Combat Craft System
  • Guild leader can craft large weapon to defend the guild castle, with material like woods/gold bar/silver bar/ cooper/ terranium/ portium…
  • Improving system for crafted weapons using materials
  • guild uniform craft system, he can craft a various uniform depending to patent.
    Guild Shop
  • Players can buy material craft(weapon/armor) with contributions.

Alliance Sistem:
Allied guilds do not suffer crossfire on content like GTW.

GTD (Guild Territory Dungeon):

a dungeon with entry inside the hangouts of the guilds that obtained victory in the GTW.
Within this dungeon the player gains XP and Silver greater than in normal maps and a worldboss is born only there.
The dungeon has only one channel and the PVP is released inside the dungeon, meaning if you want to protect the best spot for farming (xp and silver) you will have to fight!

PS: Allied guilds can not attack inside.

3 Likes

I think a lot of core mechanics need to be implemented before hand. At the moment the only point for a guild is a social aspect of the game and it’s incredibly important to find a community that enhances your play time. We have a huge actual lack of content, game wise, and especially guild wise.

Just like Territory Wars is in development obvious systems to enhance it through guild functions can be too. Whether guilds can provide extra mechanics like buildings and structures that give minor to great advantageous buffs. To creating resources that can help on the battlefield either for Territory Wars or everywhere. The options are quite exciting. IMC is definitely aware of War of Emperium. Aiming for a system with purpose and intertwining mechanics that help immerse people and integrate themselves into the world should be your goal.

Outside of Terrirtory Wars, Guild Warring is pointless and aside from creating grief. I am for a system that promotes PvP. The involvement of a Guild Towers is extremely limiting. It’s needed for declaration and when it’s destroyed, it’s the sole announcement declared to the server as a “psuedo” victory. There’s no determined victor and no point system. A Guild Warring system between two guilds can be for entertainment and extremely successful on that value alone. There doesn’t need to be a reward system but obviously minor scoring or things like trophies/banners showing victories can be enough reason and a nifty cosmetic for a Guild Tower. Usually competition is enough and guilds who want to feud should be able to whenever.

If a broader mechanic towards warring between two guilds is pushed please make sure that it’s OPTIONAL.

By default your guild should be declared as Neutral. If you’re interested in warring just like Territory Wars the toggle should be to declare hostility. There should be a timer when you declare hostility, to allow other guilds an opportunity.
There’s been complications before and it’s imperative to protect guilds that wish to be peaceful. Open world PvP and griefing go hand in hand and honestly the function should of been inverted long ago.

As far as current mechanics, my personal qualm is with the current storage system and distribution system is in a bad spot. The new chests system requires trades for guilds that prefer to reward contribution. The example being the the Guild Leader opens the chest and has to manually distribute the resources through the trade window.

We just reward a chest chance per participant at Guild Missions, but we chose this option to protect the use of trades. A more controlled system to utilize material distribution can help greatly with over all health of a guild player base and future mechanics you’d like to implement. It promotes unity and should be a tool that rewards people who want to come together and improve a guild mate’s experience. Taxing your players to use your trades when simply people want to help their guild mates or friends is one of your most unattractive systems no matter how much you try to justify it because of botters, sellers and IMC profit on tokens. Raising the cap on trades is a simple fix and please be generous on the amount if that solution you ever pursue.

If guilds were to get crafting, materials should be storable and distributable. Maybe when we get professions in the game or at least systems that intertwine with multiple functions a storage function can be a proper tool.

Guild Wars 2 has an amazing Guild Hall function, with only tying one profession as a cosmetic silver sink. Costs money to level, costs resources to build. Materials you can donate are controlled by a limited list but it’s for expanding buildings, and making wonderful furniture, statues and even platforms It is a great way to add another silver sink into the game that helps create objectives for a community. It adds value to the economy and ToS has an inflation on useless resources. You have a great foundation to start making better systems that work together.

As a minor note I’d like to see changing guild emblems be quite cheaper, 6, 4 or 2 Million. I realize inflation is something you want to combat but I think people who frequently swap icons will be willing to spend more money than never because of how high it costs. We have variants of our emblem and would like to display creativity at a more affordable price.

edit: This is something that I completely forgot about, increasing rewards based on participation is what I want to see more of inside and outside of guilds. I’m more for the idea who shows up to Guild Missions, should be rewarded for their playtime. It’s the same thing with World Bosses, where ranked cubes obviously have better chances, but I digress. I’d like to see players get rewarded more for their time and correlate minor rewards for everyone through guild missions.

3 Likes