Tree of Savior Forum

Legendary weapon

What are your thoughts about this new suggested rarity?

IMO:

Well RIP our effort to get those mats for the orange, practo annoyance, and those shards/gems even if you extract them again. Sigh…

It will most likely have more required gems to transcend and become expensive to upgrade per/+
The question is why did they suddenly add A Legendary weapon?

It really depends on implementation. They mentioned how ET equipment will be Legendary tier which might mean some much needed rebalancing to ET weapons. It’ll probably be used as a way to create more intermediary content. The main problem I’m seeing is previous equipment becoming less valuable which isn’t fair for the work that was put into them.

4 Likes

They probably want to add it as a new layer of difficulty for the already hardcore RMTers in attempts to bring some whales back. Or give the hardcore farmers a reason to keep playing and grinding their lives away.

Perhaps IMC is planning new content where only legendary equipped players can play it… A new fashion slavior event of some sort?

All jokes aside, I don’t think IMC knows what they’re doing to their game. Orange weaps are cancerous as they are and to invalidate them with a Legengary would piss off a lot of players who spent a lot of effort in crafting them.

Or legendary items will be the first of many in a series of GACHA cubes…

1 Like

Maybe, because of this rebalancing thing they really put all the damage on weapons.

1 Like

Well, the video says that the new tier will include ET equipment, not that it will be exclusive of ET.
Luckly I’ven’t used my practoniums yet so if they change unique prac weapons to legendary I’ll be ready, but feels bad for those that already used it.

Well, I can’t imagine having another practonium weapon if that happens where do we get again that practonium?
The only thing we can get is to have alts/Lvl14guild.
But its not much.

Indeed a slap to those who made efforts, however grinding weapon is not an answer to end game content, this wrong design must be fixed. The goal is not to create a Transcendence System 2.0 or Orange Recipe 2.0 but to create a decent ecosystem to open way for PvP/GvG and Party Play balance.
Big Power Gap will only spoil the overall ecosystem, more solo dungeon, sharks/whales, and godly equipped pvper/gvger will only spoil the game.

Whenever there is new content update like Rank9 that suggested coming this year, the existing equipment will be obsoleted, that’s why item grinding should not take heavy role in game-time sinking.

Finally, we still don’t know how is the implementation, but I think it is right to upgrade ET equipment better than 315 Orange

3 Likes

Would invested stats still make a difference in the game if IMC makes damage/effects/etc centered around equipment?

Transcendence threw power balance out the window, so how is a legendary weapon with transcendence going to affect the power gap? As if R8 TBL battles weren’t already a slaughter fest of clerics running around…

I’d think legendary gears would require a new crafting ore to make it worth the legendary tier level. How the ore is obtained would be anyone’s guess.

1 Like

Must complete all the main quest and sub quest to obtain the “ore”. 100% journal.

Kidding aside, as of now we have a horrible drop rate for who knows why its like that, they are introducing a weapon with a higher tier which we expect to come out soon after this rebalancing patch, but certainly we are un aware again of this weapons, if however they include ET weapons.

It deems to approve that we are in the same situation that happen few months back where the sudden appearance of 315 purple/orange came out as we long for it.
And then the reality came out:
Practonium issue.
Paper cube Issue.
Matts issue > dpk system.

If these will still remains the case.
The higher (legendary) will be expected to be much difficult to get.

The whole practonium mechanism is stupid and even with the guild recipe you would never get enough to craft an orange main and offhand, so you’ll always need to use an alt.

If they add legendary equipment to dungeons, orange practonium weapons will drop their price to nothing, but it’s not impossible to happen since they are doing the same thing to purples with the new HG.

1 Like

I started farming for my first orange weapon yesterday and havent got a single item after 2 hours. No idea if I should wait now since I have no et grp

Imho, it’s not the right moment to farm for anything:

At least not until they say what’s going on with the new DPK.

2 Likes

Radical concept: Instead of making the 315 orange recipes retarded to acquire, why not just make them come from the 315 Former Fantasy Library that nobody does?

2 Likes

I have the bad idea that itll covered behind a massive guild lvl wall

1 Like

Probably guild lvl 20+ so its more “worth” than a practonium weapons, since u need 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Talts for it :>

IMC´s way of saying: Yep we are aware of the DPK system, do more dungeons and support ur guild for new legendary weapon -> u can skip the orange tier!

YAY everyone is happy…
Oh wait, did i miss something?

Here take this new dance!

Ok im fine, ToS is saved!

1 Like

At the moment, only ET has Legendary tier equipiment:

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/items?grade=5&f=1

1 Like

It looks like we´ll get recipies for the gear for the first 20 floors…?
Curious why there arent any recipies for the Solmiki areas oO
The amount of shards and essences seems to be the same, tho.

Also they did not change the stats for the armors? Solmiki Leather Set is definitly not a good choice for every physical DD, and the plate set is out of favor - cuz of needed Crit Rate (Speaking from a Fencer point of view, probably spear users or archers wont need that much Crit Rate)

1 Like

I don’t think that’s definitive, probably the data on neet.tv only reflects what has been already added/modified.
Also, altho it makes sense to have legendary items in ET, making it an exclusivity of ET would be a bad idea, imho.

1 Like

Well…
Is it better to get the Purple prac weapons untill we get the Legendary weapons?
Feels like a waste to farm for the orange weapos now …
(Galeslasher looks cooler anyway)

1 Like

It is better to wait they come out with definitive data to avoid being IMC’ed :smile_cat:

3 Likes