Tree of Savior Forum

Lastreplay file on replay folder (ToS files)

Hi, I left my ToS running overnight and my character is on AFK mode. Next morning I woke up my ToS just went black, So restart my PC and I noticed a LAG. As I check my hard drive, My drive C hard disk has only 3gb space left which before has around 50gb. Then I investigate files from steam turns out my ToS folder on steam is now 42gb on size. I went to files 1 by 1 and out a “lastreplay” file on “steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\replay” which is around 32.6gb. WHAT IS THAT FILE??? I deleted it and the still runs perfectly. Just want to know how did I obtain it. THANKS!

This is a video recording.
If you press f12 by accident, your pc will start recording ToS.

Necro bump but this is actual problem for me.

I see this trouble (like in OP) after “Scheduled Maintenance for July 31 - August 1, 2017”. When i start client i see that client always create lastreplay file in “steamapps\common\TreeOfSavior\release\replay” and after 3-4 hours his size very big (like 10+Gb). After close client and delete this file i reopen client but have this file again. Before this maintenance i don’t have any problem.

p.s.: Windows 10 LTSB 1607

also this is no f12 screen record function (f12 -> \release\avicapture\ )

update: see interesting thing, if i minimize window with client - i see write in file lastreplay more and more, if i leave window in front - all normal, don’t see any change in lastreplay.

Same happened to me here, windows warned about no more space in this HDD, searched for the files and found a 12gb “lastreply” file.

And yeah, I noticed the same thing: using windowed and minimizes the window makes the file become bigger so much faster.

I sent a ticket reporting this bug, let’s see what they reply to me.

I create ticket 5 minutes ago too and have very fast (in ~5 minutes, lol) answer like this:

"Thank you for contacting us and bringing this matter to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience of the issue We will be forwarding this to the development team for further investigation. Rest assured that if there are unusual things to be found during the investigation necessary changes will be applied.

Thank you for playing Tree of Savior!"

Well i think if more users create ticket about this problem - it will be fixed in next maintenance. I really don’t want slowly kill my SSD with this sh**ty client :thinking:

Just create a dummy file and set it to read only, it “solves” the issue for now.

1 Like

Create manually or change property on existing file? Because i tryed change property on generated “lastreplay” (with many ways, GPO etc) but don’t saw any changes. Thanks, i try this.

update: finally YES - this is work! But i think this problem unresolved because with new update or anything client may update this file or delete and problem returns.

update: and new update. I play with this method (dummy file) and see next trouble. All ok and lastreplay don’t write any bytes on ssd. But after ~2-3 hours when client in minimize mode i see crash error ;( Also with this method after sometime client have super lags (~10-15 fps in any place in front mode).

Finally today we have two ways:

1. default mode - client write in MINIMIZE mode on hdd/ssd lastreplay file and after ~3-4 hours we have ~5Gb+ file and increase size with time (or not - i can’t see logic, sometime this this file have 5Gb max, sometime - 30+Gb); this is kill our SSD drive but if you have 2-4-6-infinity Tb HDD maybe this is not critical to you
  2. dummy file - client don’t write in MINIMIZE mode on hdd/sdd lastreplay file but after ~3-4 hours we have super lags in client and finally crash error without any dump/reasons;

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan
So any good news about fix this problem?