Tree of Savior Forum

The file "lastreplay" is abnormal constantly growing in size and kill SSD

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : From scheduled maintenance 01.08.2017

Bug Description :
Because admins don’t look other old thread with this problem - i create new.

When i minimize client in tray he generate file “lastreplay” in \TreeofSavior\release\replay\ with growing size every minute when client in minimize mode (i see this file with size 30(!!!)+ Gb. Finally today client slowly kill SSD when client go to minimize mode (if i want work in other program / internet / etc and don’t want exit from game). Sometime client go crash without any message about error/dump.
Also if client “eat” all size on SSD/HDD - after client exit he can’t save settings (with your server, last character, perfomance setting etc, windowed or full size mode etc) and after next start you can see this settings in default.

Also in Windows 10 taskmgr i see that when client in minimize mode he write information on SSD with speed 0,4Mb in sec. If i restore client - 0Mb. Fxing client
Also if it need - i play in windowed mode.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. enter in game
  2. minimize client in tray
  3. go to \TreeofSavior\release\replay, see file “lastreplay”, wait ~5-10 minutes and see that this file grow in size every minute
  4. if you restore client from tray - you can see that lastreplay don’t generate more size

GMs, what the fk with client after maintenance 01.08.2017? Why he generate this “lastreplay” file with abnormal size while i minimize client?
Yes, from old thread we have one custom solution but this solution not perfect and have bug too.

System

• CPU : Intel Xeon 1230v2
  • RAM : 32 Gb
  • Graphics Card : GeForce 660 Ti
  • Storage : SSD Samsung EVO 250
  • Internet Connection : 25Mbit

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan

1 Like

I didn’t know that this happens…

If this is true I guess I will have to do an NTFS file hard link of this file to a normal HDD…

I try to use hard link (via Link Shell Extension) to normal HDD (usb 3.0 with free space ~120+Gb) but this not work lol - client “eat” all 120+ Gb on my HDD and after ~3 hours after he use all free space on HDD i have crash.

Finally this problem write very long ago ( Lastreplay file on replay folder (ToS files) ) -
also i and other man from topic created tickets about problem but nothing. GMs don’t gave to us any answer about when they will fixed this problem. They are absolutly ignore our problems.

and… any good news? Tomorrow we have scheduled maintenance and I really hope to correct this sht problem. Again. After 2 weeks we don’t have ANY (!) reaction from GMs in old thread and now in new thread. We only have some robot answer on our tickets like this:

Thank you for contacting us and bringing this matter to our attention.
We apologize for the inconvenience of the issue We will be forwarding this to the development team for further investigation. Rest assured that if there are unusual things to be found during the investigation necessary changes will be applied.

Thank you for playing Tree of Savior!"

GM’s, what about compensation for SSD? This looks really absolute incompetent and disrespect for the players.

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan

After today scheduled maintenance i don’t see any fix this problem. Client “eat” all size via “lastreport” file.

Next week (3) w/o any reaction from GM’s. Nice job, @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan

Just create a 0 byte file called “lastreplay” inside this folder and set as read only, not the final solution but at least it make the file stop growing.

2 Likes

I write in old thread - yes, it work, but after ~3-4 hours when client in minimize mode (in total) i have crash without any dumps. Maybe this is good solution if you play like ~2-3 hours per day max but i use client more hours.

Finally before maintenance i don’t have ANY problem, client was perfect without any crash. Fkn new klaipeda patch :smiley: