Tree of Savior Forum

Large Panto Spearman Drop/Spawn Rate

So I am a bit of a completionist or at least a bit obsessive. I am trying to complete all the collections as I go and I have hit a few walls (shredded, vubbe fighters…) but I have gotten through them until this freaking thing. I have spent basically two days farming this guy, I am the kill leader with ~245 kills and the next highest guy isn’t even half that. I have never seen it drop its collection item much less the other 3 rarer items. That in itself puts the drop rate annoyingly low. But then is spawn is also MISERABLE. ONE, will spawn randomly on opposite corners of the map every 5 minutes. This last day, I formed a team to clear out the spawns channel by channel for hours and still no drops. This needs to be looked at.

Also the Ashaq Underground Prison 2 Collection chest is still missing -_-

4 Likes

I feel you m8
Some collections that will remain unfinished :cry:

You still didn’t see a collection which requires monster gem :slight_smile:

Seems like these collections was RNG generated, or by someone who never played the game.

Up to 411 now, next highest kill count is 116… this drop table must be broken

edit: let me also include that to get 160 kills today I had to farm for 8 hours after having determined the respawn intervals of every channel. The fact that there is only one sucks, the fact that it is most likely a 0.1% drop, sucks. If it is supposed too be a 1% drop, it is 99% certainly broken.

As a completionist who loves the collections on this game I understand you. I think what annoys me the most are the spawn rates, more than the low drop rates.

I think these “mini bosses” should be better balanced, they’re either too common and you can get their items too easily or they have way small spawn and drop rates, there is no middle ground.

There are several Vubbe Fighter Bloods on the AH. It’s a pain to get one of those.

There are ZERO Panto Spearheads on the AH.

I’m thinking no one has actually gotten one of these because they don’t actually drop. <_<

I’ve gotten two Fighter Bloods, they are EASY by comparison, only take a few hours each. I think someone has gotten some though, I saw a panto sword on the AH the other day. I mean, theoretically ~2300 can spawn each day.

Okay!

By the time this is read, I’ll be the leader in kills for Large Panto Spearmen on Orsha. I’m just shy of 450 kills and have only gotten a Superior Staff as a drop. I have spent the majority of my early access attempting to farm this item to let the community know it is not broken. I think we need to see some proof that it isn’t broken. This is extremely discouraging. I’m really sad to say that I’ve wasted my early access on this game looking for an item that may not even properly drop.

As I’ve said on the steam forms, I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted if I have success. But playing this game for around 4-6 hours each day - grinding for this drop nearly the whole time, for going on 8 days straight… this is becoming unacceptable. Imagine what will happen when the f2p is available and the f2players flood in.

I just leveled up a Thaumaturge to hopefully increase the drop rate of this stuff, just found out the skill won’t work on the mob because it is already ‘Large’. Sick of this ■■■■, I don’t think Ill be playing anymore.

1 Like

bruh… if the mob is already large… you get the 2x exp and drops WITHOUT the 2x hp to the mob. #yourewelcome

Thauma doesnt increase drop rate. It increases (doubles) drop amount. So if spearhead decides to drop under Swell Body effect you’ll get 2 of them.

If they were RNG generated they wouldnt contain mistakes. For example Nevelett quarry 2F’s collection requires you to get Glizardon’s Heart and there are no Glizardons on that floor (and map collections should only require loot you can obtain from that map).

Where are the Large Panto Spearman located?

Tenet Garden, at a painful spawnrate. havefun.jpg

After 107 Large Panto Spearman and getting only Panto Horn…

I guess the developer wanted us to program bots to farm those stupid items.

I mean let’s face it no sane person is going to walk around fro days just to get one items from a monsters that you can’t even kill more than one or two per ~5 minutes. Sometime more if there is no one else (bots) farming them.

The simple fact that you can’t even farm such monsters at a decent rate is far worst than the drop rate of those items.

Ironically, the white knight army will come and defends such a stupid system saying it bring longevity to the game. And what those idiots forget is we are losing players everyday due to such a badly implemented system.

Remember that the problem IS NOT the drop rate. It’s the inability to farm a monsters.

Once this game goes F2P it will become nearly IMPOSSIBLE to legitimately farm such items. That in turns lead to peoples cheating/hacking.

Those that claims RO was far worst with their 0.01% Cards drop forget that iRO was one of the most BOTTED game and hacked one too. Anyone that played iRO for more than one years knew there was a bunch of botters and hackers at every BiS cards areas.

Which stems form “wave” spawn pattern we have now that looks very like a band-aid attempt of devs to lessen load on servers.

1 monster that has 2 spawn spots (he randomly alternates between the 2) located in opposite corners of map on a 5 min timer is just… meh. At least there are several channels and you can kill 2 or 3 if you are lucky enough.

But channel switching is by far the most annoying ways to farm monsters. This being the most efficient ways to farm in almost ALL maps is by far the most broken systems I have ever witnesses.

I remember farming RARE monsters in TERA those that had like days of spawning times, it was just a matter of getting online after maintenance and getting the kills before anyone else.

Getting my Diamond Laurels was an achievement.

and then proceed to kill them on all channels… been there done that. :slight_smile:

Did you get your fairy pet? :smile_cat:

1 Like

So has anyone actually gotten this drop? Am genuinely curious :3

There is a reason, look at this. Same goes to the other materials.

this whole weekend i didn’t see a SINGLE one spawn. I killed 3 before, my records state that, but through out the whole weekend i spent over 10h on tenet gardens and didn’t see ONE. also I noticed areas of tenet garden where all the mobs seem to be missing.