Tree of Savior Forum

Lack of a real Rogue class

Newbie perspective after playing the game for a couple weeks.

I find it sad that since the release of this game(dating posts back to 2016), Rogue has remained unimaginative and overall useless throughout the community – especially after this most recent patch which was the perfect opportunity to rework Rogue.

There are obvious problems with the class, which is why we never see them outside of extremely niche and just-for-fun builds. We had the perfect opportunity to build a melee rogue that is able to sneak around and backstab mobs/players, but the damage simply is not there, and the class doesn’t synergize with other Archer classes at all. I don’t even want to talk about how bad Hackapell ruins my emersion as a Rogue class. Having a stealthy character running around with a dagger on top of a penguin mount makes me think this was a practical joke on Archers.

Everything in this game just works against an effective rogue build in both PvE and PvP:

• Zero movement abilities
  • Zero pin-down abilities
  • Wugushi could have been the saving grace for Rogue, but alas – trash
  • Active DoT’s as Wugushi removes you from stealth
  • Backstab damage scales poorly
  • No filler melee moves
  • Extremely small hotbox
  • Why is Hackapell an Archer class, this was clearly a typo error. Give Hackapell to swordsmen and give Shinobi to Archer.
1 Like

rogue doesnt have stealth, it belong to scout

Referring to melee Rogue builds in general.

ranger is good now, and barrage, critical shot, bounce shot, and spiral arrow can be used while burrowing at rogue c3. it;s still not worth it in any way though :confused: why did wugushi get a rework (wugushi is effectively the same as it was before) but rogue didn’t?

Because the Scout didn’t got a rework/overhaul.

i can’t see any mention of scout here… what?

You asked why the Wugushi did got a rework but not the Rogue. And stated that the Rogue is not only class which need a rework/overhaul but don’t get it. Just because the Wugushi got rework/overhaul it doesn’t mean that Rogue oder Scout have to get a rework/overhaul even if both classes need a rework/overhaul. There is no logical correlation. And by the way, I can see any mention of Scout before I did it.