Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

I think you mean Archstone Fragments. And let’s hope it is less luck dependent.

The new dungeon boss is interesting. Occupies the vacuum for those endgame players who don’t need to run Misrus for any reason other than the luck to drop a Archstone Fragment.

So they tried to make things “easier” for those who are below, but not “unfair” to those who are already there by giving another step with the Luciferi. Let’s see how this bite them back.

The new Vaivora are not interesting. After so many in the past, and how IMC seems to understand how they should work, they look either stupid or bland.

And the changes to the base stats of Shield and Accessories are interesting. This gives a real reason to care to enhance and transcend them. They are now glorified trinkets. For all that is good or not…

Now I am way more confused: should I go for the incomplete Karaliene or keep the fragments, and aim for the Ark: Thunder? IMC seems to not understand how progression works or how long it takes. Honestly, do they play their own game? Or even in a new account? I think they should be playing on the New Season servers to understand the scope.

Now 2 legit questions: let’s say I have a full set of Incomplete Karaliene Triukas. Will I be able to do the upgrade to the “complete” version? If so, how?

And I liked they removed the Archstone cost of Luciferi accessories. But can I get them using the incomplete Karaliene?

1 Like

What are we gonna use? Outlaw? Corsair?

You need to craft the complete Karaliene and upgrade them.

1 Like

Where are the miko vv ?? 2030?? lol :sweat_smile: thats my favorite class so i have to wait a lot .

1 Like

Finally after 4 years lol… Hope it’s on every accessory not just Karaliene and onwards. Will have to see how much you get on a +6 regular accessory set like Carnas, but should be a nice boost to attack.

That’s fine, but I would have prefered to make shields like armor and add “cloth”, “leather” and “plate” shields instead.

WBR -> D(ay)BR for 5-man parties. Unfortunately this means we’ll only see the same fixed parties eating all the rewards again and leaving 99% of the playerbase out of the content.

… nevermind. I don’t see 100 people participating on dead Fedimian at the same time :haha:

Ooooooh!

I also like the buff on Cryomancer.

See, here is the misconception. There is nothing “easier” in doing the two steps. You’re just splitting the costs in multiple installments and paying 8 weeks of garments from the new boss(assuming you’re getting max rewards) as interests.
The materials, archstones and whatever add up to the same total in both cases.
But if you lack the archstones or archstone fragments required, you’ll still be unable to go on, and all you’ve got in doing so is to delay your crafting of Luciferi equipments further.
Whereas people that have been lucky enough already will just have to do the boss weekly, with no additional RNG involved.

1 Like

why they make ghost armor that weak from magic but no other armor weak from physical ? this look stupid when weekly boss magic is double total damage than any physical class

1 Like

Players: We hate getting Karaliene.
Imc: Proceeds to add an upgrade to Karaliene.

What did I even expect from imc…
Also “yay” for having to transcend more stuff when they removed BGs from the mercenary shop… Sigh, transcendance is such an outdated system that does nothing more than bar from doing endgame content…

Another week, another disappointing patch that makes the game worse than it was before.

On a sidenote, those new costumes and weapons skins look REALLY good in my opinion. Props to imc for not making silly beach skins for once, we are already overloaded with those.

6 Likes

the funny thing is: instead of making the getting archstone “easier” like they hope to, they actually make the getting moth talc powder easier. Assuming you have 1 arch stone and a slow source of moth talc powder (market and solo raid) you can use that to zerg rush 1 Luciferi bracelet as fast as possible and use that bracelet to do harder level of solo raid and Tel Avid here.

Corsair i think … corsair have brutality, for dont lose much dmg

The new big problem is this.

The new Luciferi sets require 288 garments from Tel Harsha to make (henceforth called garments).

Tel Harsha rewards garments based on the difficulty you defeat him on:

Difficulty 1-2: Garment x1
Difficulty 3-4: Garment x2
Difficulty 5-6: Garment x3
Difficulty 7: Garment x4

You can fight him 3 times per week. This means, in order to make a full Luciferi accessory set (which is also required for Dragon Strength 2), you must defeat Tel Harsha for 6 months at the max difficulty (7) without missing a week. That’s 12 garments per week for 24 weeks. You cannot trade or market these garments.

If you decide to defeat Tel Harsha on any lower difficulty than 7, this is going to be significantly slowed down. If you cannot defeat Tel Harsha on difficulty 7 by the time this update comes out, you will be eternally behind players that can.

The garments are also needed to do the alternative new crafting route of Incomplete Karaliene into Karaliene. If you decide to do this route, you also further push out the time you will ever finish Luciferi, making this route somewhat of a trap:

IMC definitely knew it would take this long, which is why they decided to split the accessory set bonus apart, so this can be an incremental upgrade over a long period of time.

There are no catchup mechanisms at the moment and they cannot be obtained from other players, making these accessories a very long timegate.

This is also very poor for alt characters. You are basically forced to hard commit into one set if you want to make Luciferi. If you spend any garments on Karaliene for alts (incomplete or not), you are also preventing yourself from reaching Luciferi. On top of that, it is almost impossible to ever make a second set of Luciferi.

I definitely think that this requires some kind of change.

8 Likes

Thank you for the translation and all the info <3

Do you know if the frozen effect for cryo skills was already removed from ktos and if is it going to be re added via attributes or something like that?

thank you again in advance

1 Like

If swapping between Durandal + BB Vaivora + HL Vaivora wasn’t enough here comes Doppel Vaivora. What’s next? Barbarian Vaivora? My body is ready. (Not really)

50M damage + 20M from Crossguard’s additional hits, sounds legit to me, plus a max of 30 targets. Doppelsoeldner is back to the GTW scene.

1 Like

Still no Sadhu Vaivora :sad:

Also, it seems that definitely won’t be support for Clerics who wants to use 1H Mace or Rod as their offensive weapon of choice (that way they can use shields too, for defensive balance). Even the Plague Doctor Vaivora is 2H now.

I hope they prove me wrong, but at this rate it seems 2H Mace is the only way to use an offensive Cleric.

As it should have been since the start…

Now we just need an Arts that auto-use Muleta based on the dagger block (Riposte) and Fencer will be perfect by my standards.

2 Likes

how about rapier+violin?

7 Likes

8 Likes

The lack of love for Rapier + Shield in this game will never not be disgusting.

8 Likes

so witch set will be used on boss co-op ?
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/items/11010026
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/items/11010014

With all those Vaivora for each class incoming, and the system combine classes for a build. I bet IMC will release Vaivora Fusion soon, which let us fusion 2 effect stats of 2 vaivora into 1.