Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

No, Zaibas with ARTs only has 1 overheat and its damage remained the same. Zaibas does not hit 3 times as hard as the old one. I tested it on kTest personally.

Feelsbad, what did Krivis do to IMC to deserve this.

4 Likes

tomahawk art looks useful

images (1)

oh, i see. so the translation was wrong or maybe the tolltip is.

yeah, that is a bummer.

one can only hope that is a bug and it will get fixed.

1 Like

Hmmm, i gonna lose 50% of critical damage for 25% of daggers physical damage?
Look like a nerf for me ;~;
Can someone test this for me on ktest please ? ç.ç

W T H ?!
Why did they do that? freezing was the dynamic that made cryo interesting instead of being the “blue” pyro lol

1 Like

WTF
imc really hates cryomancer

:sad:

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you use the arts in ktest? I seem to be having a bug where I can’t right click the art books at all… And putting them on a hotkey doesn’t seem to work either… Did you even have this bug at all?

feelsIMC’dman

No alch art, imc hate homun u_u

Okay out of body art tnk IMC <3 but i need mooore please imc

1 Like

I had leftover Encyclopedias previously given by the Kupole, I simply right-clicked and opened those to get the ARTs. I don’t think there are any bugs in that, but I could be wrong.

Bazooka
Existing functions except damage benefits are removed. Movement speed is now fixed to 25 (10 in PVP)

Wait what…A cheap Sniper’s Serenity rip off? Guess that’s a way for your class to lsoe identity…

Insurance
Instead of the normal effect, when you die, you will revive to 10% HP with 3 seconds of invincibility. Buff duration is now 60 seconds, +4min cooldown time

I expected an Arts for this becoming a party buff as meme, nice suprise

Gravity Pole
Can now change directions, halves duration and hit interval, does not pull enemies

All that for just being able to change the direction? Nope, SIr!

Muay Thai
Removes all existing effects, and now does the following:
+100% damage to enemies
+50% Physical Defense
+40% Critical Rate
+100% magic damage taken
Cooldown fixed to 30 seconds

Hmm…doesn’t say for Nak Muay Skils only…A potential Barb replacement?

Sniper’s Serenity
*When you use Snipe or Headshot on an enemy, deals the same damage to enemies within 50 range
When you gain Sniper’s Serenity, you have 6 stacks, and each time this effect is activated, the stack is reduced by 1, and when all stacks are gone, the buff disappears
Adds 1.5 seconds to the casting time, removes the additional hit on a nearby enemy for Snipe, cannot be used at the same time as [Sniper’s Serenity: Exploit Weakness]

So Musketeers get to manage those stacks and pay attention to upcoming Punishment Ark Stacks, huh? Weird, but guess could be worth just using in the end

Coursing
When an enemy is attacked, applies [Blood Stained] debuff to 5 enemies within 100 range every 2.5 seconds, lasts 10 seconds
When attacking an enemy with this debuff, damage is dealt to 5 enemies within 50 range equal to 30% of the SFR of Coursing
Reduced to 1 overheat

Well, neat for smoother CMs i suppose

Revenged Sevenfold: Last Chance
Removes all existing effects of Revenged Sevenfold. The duration is changed to 1 second per skill level.
The buff will now prevent death for those affected once during the duration. Upon triggering, heals 10% of max HP, provides 3 seconds of invulnerability, cooldown increased to 5 minutes.

Finally a way to avoid Priest in a support build!

Rune of Justice
Now strikes enemies in front every 0.2 seconds for up to 2 seconds, reduced to 1 overheat

How much damage are we talking now? O.o

Spike Shooter
Now penetrates enemies, +5s cooldown

Apprecciated…and those 5s extra barely change the fact of it being the highest CD pure damage skill and contributing for sapper having like the highest average CD considering the relevant skills as a dps class

Raise Skeleton Soldier
Summons 1 elite skeleton soldier instead (max 1, 1 overheat)

Oh, so 1 Elite Skeleton and the rest can alsostill be used? Sounds good, or too good?

Lycanthropy
Upon use, your eyes become luminous and do not transform into neither wolf nor demi wolf
Duration is now 30 minutes
Increases damage by [skill level * 4]%
Reduces damage taken by [skill level * 2]%

Is that trade off really worth not having to cast it more frequently??? Doubt it

Beak Mask
Removes all existing effects of beak mask; instead, if you use Black Death Steam while it’s on, it will poison all enemies around and deal damage (same damage as Black Death Steam)

Sounds insane, so you can be a Corona Doc more than ever before!

Pouncing
Cannot move, but attack range is doubled. +100% SP cost.

What’s the point? Useful scenarios for that seem too niche

####################
And btw. lookign at the changes made for Wiz…RCs were so happy to finally be able to move around when channeling and it will be gone again, thx Obama :<

Not being able to move while charging implosion just makes the skill even more worthless than it already is, you’re already spending a hefty amount of time casting that skill already because it has several overheat, and not being able to move during that long period just makes using it not worth it (not that i think it was worth using in the first place)

I’m sorry but WTF??? That was literally the base skill effect, they removed to give it a bland effect, and now i have to learn freaking Arts to get it???

6 Likes

That’s sounds…boring but strong

I seem to have narrowed down my issue in ktest… For some reason, the Volume 2 wizard art book simply can’t be used at all… others works fine. Rip testing the Divine punishment art I guess.

Also the Volume 1 says it contains the Bone Pointing art, but it doesn’t… Imc’d once again.

I did manage to test the Shadow Pool arts though. And my first impressions is that it’s trash, for pve at least. Lasts 5 seconds (remember it has 50sec cd), can only use Shadowmancer skills while in pool mode, and using the skill costs 309+339 sp…

By the way uhhhh… lvl30 arts? kms.

7 Likes

Funny cause this is exactly what they did with the inqui flames attribute

3 Likes

Now, lets say it altogether:

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle !!!

9 Likes

Done some math. The increase in attack isn’t enough to offset the reduced final damage compared to the non-art version, so critical hits deal less damage (around 90% damage considering +16 TRA 10 lvl 440 equip with 3 lvl 9 red gems). Assuming the effect applies with non-critical hits, there is a damage increase from those. Even then, it almost evens out, with a slight advantage for the new art depending on enemy def (around 4% with 50k def, 5% with 200k def). It works on non-pierce skills as well, so that’s a net bonus, but outside of barbarian skills i can’t think of many that aren’t pierce and still can be used with rapiers. Those are usually used as filler, though.
Of course, it does require to upgrade and trascend a second weapon. Also, having minimum crit chance may make it a net loss (you’re gaining only on non-crit pierce hits and any non pierce skill, as a matter of fact). It probably is a net loss if you’re using ataka, but we’ll likely have the new sets before the art comes here.
Now, if it was just a matter of tradeoffs, it could work. But i don’t like seeing the dagger mastery being put out like this, especially when anyone else just got it as a flat bonus (or got trinkets instead). They should have put it out as an attribute, reworked some SFR where necessary, and added some actual art instead. This also have the added collateral effect of tying Matador to Fencers even more, as this is the only way they get that mastery. And the removal of pierce-type skills from Epee Garde, while nice, is kinda meaningless when almost all the other classes already require other weapons to start with.
So well, it should be useful…except that we should have got it as a baseline to start with, along with proper balancing. As it is, it’s an art that could have been used elsewhere. The only positive thing about it is that it isn’t Muleta:Faena.
No, seriously, what even is the point of it? Tying Muleta with a skill nobody uses due of it being awful and tripling Muleta cooldown if you do so (with the collateral damage of not reducing cooldowns as much as before due to having less uses)? I can only think they were drunk when they thought such an idea could work.

Edit: uhm, thinking about it, Epee Garde would work with Nak Muay skills. I wonder how that would result, considering the new Nak Muay art.
Edit 2: After checking, the classes suitable for epee garde with this art are Barbarian, Nak Muay and Highlander (almost all skills are useable). If you change barbarian you end up losing frenzy, though, so there is that too. With enough crit rate, fencer/barbarian/ Highlander or Nak Muay are theoretically possible, though.

If they only applied this for things like health tiles and the homunculus I’m still butt hurt about it

3 Likes

The drawback for some on those ARTS are way too big.

Meanwhile, others like the Nak Muay and Onmyoji one are pretty damn strong.

Nak muay loses his spamable skills to get a generic damage / crit buff. There is a downfall to his art.