Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

this, imagine doing the first 11ep then find out that ep 12 mobs has 10 times more hp and then you finish at level 443 while ep 13 need level 450 and the mob are again 10 times more hp than ep 12 (although the recent ktos patch may change it) and only relevant way to level up is dung 400 spam. The level system need a massive overhaul, more than any raid or classes balance.

3 Likes

IMC solving the issue of early game not mattering by moving early game to end game is about the most IMC thing they could’ve done.

3 Likes

Right, it’s just imc being usual imc with their poor decision making like their latest decision of increasing tbl members required. It was more fun but they should got slapped with reality that players are declining yet it changes to requires more player.hilarious. Maybe this decision is what kr wants, but when I look comment section of that latest update majority concern about playerbase lol

Remember, removing is cheaper

Less effort
Less money
Less brain

3 Likes

This type of progression is, what people have said already, a way to allow IMC to think “only ahead”, instead of “as a whole”.
Not everyone likes the story in MMORPGs, and ToS’ isn’t a best seller by any stretch of imagination. It is captivating, and ends there.

No, isn’t necessarily cheaper. It is, however, the easiest route, to ignore it, let their “weight” be there, making the game harder to load for “no good reason”.

Happy for Centurion to be back. But in what a sorry state of affairs he is showing up to…
Isn’t next month supposed to be the Wizard Patch? Or Scout’s? Or that schedule was completely revoked with the Archer patch and I wasn’t paying attention?

1 Like

The saddest TOS update.

3 Likes

Nah, it’s clearly is cheap, and cheap isn’t always about money dude, like I said in the following less effort, less money, less brain

Every better decisions they could’ve make they didn’t do it not because they don’t realize it or they are too dumb, it’s because they just can’t afford it. they always go with cheaper decisions cause that’s the only one affordable for them

Like removing synergies,
they couldve enrich it to sorta remove the illusionary restriction of builds by give us more options with more synergies and live up build theory crafting so the game live up to it’s title tos:“rebuild”, but it’s clearly not affordable for them which why they end up with cheap route

If they had e.g ffxiv playerbase with it’s active subs players, they could’ve made better decisions for tos, they could’ve hire back all guys behind early tos project with great enthusiasm to build next gen ro like game but they can’t, they don’t have the resource to choose best path we always hoped for

In the end every direction they take will lead to the same route right now, and only that single route, and only those who know in game situation and bare to face the truth know where it will end up

But hey, in the end it’s just the route most mmo destined to, so yeah just chill while it last

Time to confuse new players (if any) with Hauberk Did Nothing Wrong and Bakarine memes. Tin Foil Hat me suspects its a ploy to make sure players don’t do the early quests and get to that one map where an addled scout is using a bow so new players don’t realize scout’s roots. :crazy_face: Jokes aside, recycling Centurion Master’s sprite at this point feels like an odd decision, I wonder what prompted them to use Centurion Master instead of making a new sprite (I doubt Centurion will ever return at this point … right?).

Since the Archer patch, classes have gone through Re:Re:Build treatment and monsters seem to have become easier to kill and all from KToS videos, a sign that EP 14 may probably have a difficulty jump similar to when IMC made all classes stronger before introducing the main quest starting from Sajunga/West Jungers and unsuspecting players got Kabad’ed. Character level cap increase without any form of Class level increase or progression at this point is just pointless, fake progression and IMC’s way of level-gating content and equipment for no other reason than to make life harder with filler. Wish IMC could add more on the class portion, not even asking for a 4th class but at least a new Art Attribute and/or 3rd Vaivora to play with.

Also, I’ll sound like a jerk saying this but what’s so hard about recycling pre-existing maps like Delmore Manor, really. Being too pessimistic about the game ever since Cleric Patch became pointless. :poop:

2 Likes

New KTest patch notes.

Best part is no part

1 Like

Pretty pathetic sfr changes to Cannoneer and a nerf to matross (why?).
IMC has a vendetta against Cannons and i dont know why.

(Also wow big ranger nerfs)

2 Likes

And yet another change at epee garde. Now back on 30m duration, but with nerfed effect and only on fencer skills. I wonder why they didn’t just make it a passive skill at this point.
Can’t say i’m liking this trend of making almost the classes stand-alone, though.

Class Progression:

Expectations: New class Art Attributes, reworks, be able to equip 3 Vaivoras, maybe more enhance attributes, maybe an improvement to the class system.

Reality: 3 extra skill points

JK 3 extra skill points is nice and all … but yeah.

1 Like

This review’s pretty late, so I’m sure everyone already has an idea of what the new Ranger is like. I decided to write it anyway regardless of that, so feel free to take a look even though there’s nothing new :’)

11 Likes

EP 14 trailer, sometimes I don’t know what’s truly in the game or not with the overuse of special effects like screen shaking and emphasis effects.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutant!
After Murders in the Rue Morgue, we have Battle in the Roman Empire!

The strangest thing about it all, is this soundtrack with those effects nothing to do, if the trailer was to thrill, it failed miserably, it feels like I’m at one of those most depressing funerals possible. At least they managed to shake my emotional ahueahueahu
=/ sad

:joy: :joy: :joy: hahhahaha
srsrsrsrs
jajajaja

Hey !!
Mind their budget please
Most of times quality equal budget
This is just an example of it