Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

I kinda asked for this content… as I wanted commerce system. The problem is not with the idea imo or how many maps you have to go through. The problem is that a lot of times they make a content it ends up totally plain and dry. Tbh too much movespeed even ruins it in a way even more…
I think commerce systems are not everyone’s cup of tea in the first place anyway but it could be made so much more fun. It could have better rewards also.

I think a good system like this shouldn’t be a new chore forced on players but an alternative gameplay to others… like some would spam cms or hg all day and some would go on bounty hunts and sell stuff they earned to others who have the silvers… but our whole silver income and limited entries and stuff is so messed up rn that things like that is not even working that way.

…and also of course I have lot of ideas how this whole thing would be more fun… imc is so great making gear progression so over-complicated I rly don’t get why can’t they make some gameplay elements a bit more complex…

Giltine in Granado Espada

[Translation]

Giltine
“You cannot survive before my power!”

Story
The goddess of death and leader of the demons.

Just before being completely sealed by the Savior and Melia in another world, she manages to reach the new continent through the abyss connected to the world of death.

Many of her powers and her wings were lost because she used her goddess powers to seal the abyss.

In search of her lost power, she is compelled to help the pioneers of the new continent as if they were Saviors, but no one has any idea of her true motives.

5 Likes

These are probably some of the best weapon skins/appearances since Solmiki/Lolopanther. I wish they add 1h and 2h Maces weapon too. The 2h sword remind me of the Ultima keyblades from Kingdom Heart

Cleric Rework is here guys, cya while I read a little bit …

Screenshot_20210917_190725

11 Likes

I agree… and that’s because finally they are on point with ToS universe. Not those stupid police batons or laser sabers…

2 Likes

lol, they gotta new skills, skill factor increased for almost every class, new costumes, why swordsman is alway threated like garbage? they put an obsolete skill that was removed (because it was garbage), with high skill factor without costumes or new masters, i’m envy bro… ( I mean for shield masters like murm or pelta).

the problem with swordsman imo is most build to some extend require you to have agro. Which mean while on WBR damage like in IToS weekly round up they deal similar to meta like Archer or Wizard, in practice no one want 2 swordsman on the same party since one would certainly lose damage. And between ein sof, lifeline and 2000+ CON you don’t even need a proper tanker these day, just someone take agro and good positioning.

Ahh the video looks cool at least and Sadhu got back it’s identity :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Oh god, stop to buff Crusader…
and buff weak class, like Druid, Chaplain…
I hope that them buff Chaplain, Druid, Diev. on this week yet…

But crusader stopped being support and became a red class, don’t you see? It needed that damage increase.

Sadhu changes look promising. It’s not the original sadhu, but it has way more of its original personality and seems (by the sus auto translation and video) to fill a unique grouping/mobbing role in the cleric class.

Monk just looks like it’s getting its SFRs giga boosted so its attacks finally cleave through wet paper. Not sure how I feel about Golden Bell Shield stuff because I always found maintaining it a chore, but at least it increases final damage now.

I don’t understand the point of buffing Crusader, the strongest individual cleric circle, at all, but whatever.

Plague Doctor was individually not that strong, so in isolation the Incineration buff makes sense, but since it is so often paired with Crusader, it seems like the current meta build is just gonna get stronger.

The rest of it looks pretty good, although I’m sure some Zealots will be displeased with Blind Faith changes.

1 Like

I don’t see them deleting the attribute and thats its main use now…otherwise blind faith is a sh*t skill. So if the attribute is still there and it got usable…

True, I kind of assumed it was gonna get changed, but if they leave it alone then the class is the same as ever, just slightly better because it loses its downsides.

I still assume the same tbh… with all the changes it seems too good to be true to me but we will see.

If last month’s Swordsman patch theme is about screwing Swordsmen diversity, this month’s Cleric patch theme is clearly about Cleric DPS classes. I’m honestly surprised IMC remembered about DPS Clerics, let alone Physical Cleric DPS, and managed to actually buff the Physical DPS Cleric classes properly beyond mere SFR bumps. I seriously can’t believe last month’s and this month’s class balancing team are the same people unless they really have a grudge against Swordsmen.

IMC finally changed Monk out of its Energy Blast spamming playstyle into a hugely burst-DPS playstyle, thus giving it more leeway for other class skills and exhibit its expected DPS out better in practice. Golden Bell Shield’s Liberation mechanic was recycled as Monk’s Class Art (LOL), but the 5s buff only appears when Golden Bell Shield is on cooldown, the 5s buff resets its cooldown and the skill effect now increases Monk’s Final Damage instead. To make up for the loss of Energy Blast Nirvana, IMC massively buffed other skills and God Finger Flick damage buff duration got a QoL change increase to 30s (IMC, current buff is 15s not 10s lol). While the wording of the buffs implies that it only buffs Monk damage and the loss of Energy Blast Nirvana implies that one can’t proc Thunder Kick as consistently, fiddling with the numbers assure me to some extent that one just needs to play more cleverly and it’ll be all good.

Inquisitor finally have the cooldowns of its burst rotation synchronized, with Breaking Wheel on 25s and Ripper on 50s (25s if using Inquisitor Vaivora Lvl 4, Inquisitor Vaivora finally gets to shine again). Some changes were also made to make Inquisitor’s toolkit suit itself more like changing the Wheel to only trigger the user’s attacks and locking Judgement Art’s benefits only for self. Judgement Art’s change also essentially increases its effect’s uptime way up from 10s every 60s to 100% uptime of converting enemies into Devil-types. Simple changes, but IMO effective. Personally at this point, I feel like IMC should switch Inquisitor’s Lvl 4 effect with Inquisitor’s Lvl 1 God Smash perks, but that’s just me

Zealots … I think IMC’s game plan is to finally make Zealot stand on its own as an actual DPS class and not just a Blind Faith debuff bot. The biggest change would probably be Blind Faith changing from 20 hits debuff into an actual decent damage skill so players don’t take Zealots into full support builds to prolong the debuff indefinitely. Immolation getting minimum critical chance while on fire is fun, though I wonder if the fire refers to the 5s damage debuff or the 20s fire property buff (and whether the function extends to Zealot’s Vaivora effect), and Beady Eyed’s buff being 30s is a huge QoL change. Most of its skills have reduced cast times too, so its a nice change for Physical Cleric DPS.

Even in its rather limited class sub-category, Physical Cleric at the moment looks to be one of the most free class categories with each class being able to pull its own weight and not step on each other’s class design along with having their own Vaivoras so players are quite free to mix and match however they like, and I’m quite happy for that. Its rather amusing how IMC can use the same logic of removing synergies and making each class free, and get totally different outcomes on the Swordsman and Cleric tree.

I can’t really say for sure about new Sadhu until more details come out (I can definitely tell that Sadhu Master art got nerfed, her make-up’s way too thick), and I’m not the most knowledgeable about Magic Cleric DPS since I hear a little bit of displeasure about it, though with all these changes revealed, I’m rather shocked that IMC didn’t touch Druid at all. That aside, my lost faith that this class balancing team has their brains in the gutters is somewhat restored, next month’s class patch is going to be a riot to witness I bet.

PS: IMC remembered to change Crusader’s class symbol color to red, but forgot to change the class symbol frame from the circle frame to the octagram class frame. :rofl:

6 Likes

The video looks good. You can control either the soul and the body individually (likely with attribute/Art, but whatever) and the “skill center” seems to be around “where the player is”. Meaning if the player moves the soul, the skills are launched from the soul. If it’s the body, they are casted from the body. But seems some of Sadhu’s skills are only affect “around the soul”, which is fine. “Old” OOB came back and that matters.

Now let’s read the notes…

Classic IMC.

1 Like

Commentary on the Dev Notes:

Sadhu’s Rework

OOB is back. And it can be “automated” like a summon with an attribute. (insert joke about “summon clerics” here)

Yeah, all Sadhu’s skills are around the spirit “summoned” by OOB. With attribute/art, you may choose to not use OOB before the skills, but you will loose “debuffs” applied naturally by the skills. Interesting.

Cleric’s Balance Adjustment

Plague Doctor got some “quality of life” changes, but some may say it reduced its AOE potencial. Oh well…

Crusader deals ~50% more damage on Condem and Sacred and +33% on Protection of the Goddess … Ok, I guess …

Miku/Kannushi’s damage skills got buffed (Hamaya got its damage more than doubled). And a new Vaivora. Can’t understand its effects thanks to google translation being bad.

Exorcist got some love with more damage across the board. Lost the interaction between Entity and Hamaya (the latter hits hard now). Now Rubric have damage-increasing interactions with Grand Cross by default. And Katadikajo will lose its.

Monk: To be brief, a lot more damage across the board at the “cost” of having its Vaivora no longer interacting with Inquisitor’s Breaking Wheel. Maybe that means “Monk is saved”? I summon Monk mains (yes, you, 4lkruzeth) to talk about that. (they already did it, see 2 comments above)

Inquisitor got some “love” too. A bit more damage and lower CD “to improve the skill cycles” and some quality of life changes for everyone else facing Inquisitors on PVP: Breast Ripper deals a third of its damage on the first hit (66% less damage). Judgement is a 30min buff now.

Zealot got a lot of love. Immolation has a 20% minimal critical chance increase, Fanaticism no longer reduces incoming healing, Beady Eyed’s buff lasts for 30 seconds (this is a lot), Blind Faith no longer is capped on max SP (now consumes a fixed 5%), and damage increase on all skills.

New Archer Class

Is it another Bow class? Oh well, it is not like the Archer Tree has the same problem as Swordsmen Tree, with too much of weapon variety and only 2 slots to use them.
…wait a second…

1 Like

Bruh… No Druid buffs or changes? WTF…

IMC and Druid:

4 Likes

Exorcist currently uses grand cross after katadikazo arts, and the proposed changes will remove the synergy. Instead, grand cross will increase the damage dealt by rubric.

Instead of having aqua benedicta buff both katadikazo and rubric, we now have two separate synergies. It’s a shame the cooldowns don’t match up.

If there’s any main issues Monk has with that patch, it’ll probably be a lack of skill points thus requiring extra skill points that could be used for other classes (or changing some Monk skills to take less points to max) and the fact that Monk no longer has a reliable way to proc Thunder Kick off cooldown. Extra nitpicks would be why Palm Strike and Hand Knife are still linked together and how IMC recycled Golden Bell Shield’s mechanic as an Art instead of updating Golden Bell Shield itself while reworking Nirvana, I guess.

Otherwise, I do feel like Monk has been somewhat saved from its flawed class design. Monk finally has space to include other classes without stepping on its own DPS compared to the current oppressive Energy Blast spam playstyle whose theoretical DPS hardly translates in practice due to the nature of the game. I understand the capabilities of IMC and their class balance team, so this much is already more than what I expected.

On the note of extra skill points, Zealots will probably be interested in those since Blind Faith actually deals decent damage (Blind Faith Lvl 10 does about the same damage/DPS as Immolation at Lvl 15) and one can abandon Invulnerable to max the rest with extra skill points. These are the kind of patches that make me want more skill points, like at least 4 extra skill points.

(About that 66% on Ripper, I think it meant the time taken to get the first hit is reduced by 66%, can’t confirm if true or not.)