Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

only cryo, shield swordsman and quarrel shooter block and shoot still have that similar shield atk conversion. dagger, sword conversion to atk like fencer, scout, etc is deleted.

yeah… but probably have some another stuffs hidden :thinking: like buffs can work together at 100% like hasisa with pistols or reload on daggers. maybe they will fix it… or not… IMC :wink: :wink:

60 min food buffs and pardoner buffs :distinguished:

2 Likes

new ktest patch notes

1 Like

Something tells me IMC just flatly assumed all class-related costumes are created equal.

Never change IMC. :haha:

2 Likes

They changed that with this update.

Increased duration on shop consumables is very welcome. Even for the sellers (the more the buff last, the longer the shop will be up, for more time they can ignore the shop and do anything else).

And that thing about the Sub Zero Shield: I don’t know if the extra matk should not be calculated when using Rod+Shield on auxiliary slot (I think this is a bug). And, according to the post about Goddess equipment, there should be a 50% reduction on that attribute efficiency when using Rod+Shield on a single slot.

EDIT: nvm, I just realized the half efficiency is there already.

1 Like

Rip cryomoon nerfed

yep

They also changed the ice property 15% damage when equipping rod into 15% ice damage unconditionally.

This changes a few things

referring back to the previous calculation: Example of +30 t10 goddess gear

staff: 27,506 matk
trinket: 4,924 matk
rod: 24,946 matk
shield: 24,946mdef (7.5% conversion) = 1,870 matk

Staff + trinket(main) + staff + trinket(aux)
= (27506 + 4924 + 27506+ 4924) / 2
= 32430
= final benefit is 32430 matk

Rod+shield(main) + staff + trinket(aux)
= ((24946 + 27506 +4924) / 2 ) +1,870
= 30,558
= final benefit is 30,558 matk + 12,473 pdef + 12,473 mdef

32430 - 30558 = 1872 matk difference between the 2 paths.

This means that if you go staff/trinket + staff/trinket, you will get almost 2k more matk than going rod/shield + staff/trinket combination.

however, rod/shield combo does give you some extra pdef/mdef.

Personally this probably makes me want to go with staff since more matk = higher damage.
Cryomancer has innate mob and small boss cc anyways so you wont be hit much. against raid bosses and such, you can cast from ranged and if you position well, you shouldnt be taking the brunt of the damage. This means the extra defence isnt that useful.

2 Likes

Was breaking this down looking at strike classes, particularly Rodelero with level 4 Vaivora. Violence is an art that single targets Shooting Star but adds an additional 15% shield attack. Playing Pelt-Murm-Rode I think pure shields is the better option because of how high the DPS output on these skills are relative to the rest of the kit. Most of the non shield attacks are fairly low SFR and/or not multi hit so the build suffers extremely with a trinket setup eating half of your shield attack benefits. I don’t play Nak Muay so it’s hard to say what the better option is there- assuming you drop Rodelero for it in the build I mentioned, I’d guess trinket is the vastly superior option.

Shield only

• Shooting Star - 44,092
  • Shooting Viol - 49,892
  • Langort/Butterfly - 39,913

Shield+trinket

• Shooting Star - 40,536
  • Shooting Viol - 43,031
  • Langort/Butterfly - 38,041
2 Likes

Thank you for your testings and numbers! But taking other skills into account and also the fact that Nak Muay is very strong in this build (his basic attacks and skills debuff enemies with reduced def when damaged by Strike skills and his vaivora grants strike attack), I bet shield + trinket would be better in the end. Also, Rodelero’s vaivora is pretty bad when compared with other classes’ vaivoras, its lv4 effect grants +35% shieldpdef-into-pattack for shooting star, but this damage increase is smaller +100% final damage (which is granted by other vaivoras’ lv4 effect).

If possible, can you please compare Peltasta’s vaivora with Rodelero’s?

vvr pel is shield. you can use both. maybe. why you dont build hop mur nak. ichor sword can equip spear. hop buff can acti just need you use spear

You can put vaivora in every weapon slot anyway in goddess patch, so it doesn’t matter if it’s shield or not. You are just limited to 2 unique/class vaivoras

150 Party Snake Raids for Lion Mount … (I think?)

:haha:

5 Likes

image image
image image image

image image

imageimageimageimage

imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
image image
imageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

9 Likes

zzzzz bored of those 64y costumes

2 Likes

Love that weird snail thing… so it’s not an otter after all as it seems… it has front legs tho or something…otter-snail? XD

1 Like

finally hoodies XD sharky and birdy …

1 Like

aaaaaaa I want this.

/20char.

1 Like

All Mount comes with movement speed +8 when mounted.
2 second cast time to mount.
The bellow are passive effect even when unsummoned.

Currently Available In-game

Nautilus Snail

• Final Damage to Bounty Hunt Wanted Monsters +50%
  • Damage from Bounty Hunt Wanted Monsters 20% reduction

Kogi Bird

• Final Damage to Bounty Hunt Boss 20%

Ash Lion

• 25% chance to nullify wanted monster battles during bounty hunting

Not Available In-game yet.

Helio Griffin*

• Movement speed during bounty hunt +10
  • Movement speed upper limit during bounty hunt changed to 65