Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

Well… just compare to how long it took them to address the companion slot issue (and how simple the resolution was). Might take another two years.

4 Likes

2nd re:build? when is this? months? year?

1 Like

killed my dream of a mounted or Summoner cleric u.u this year

can we transfer old ark STR lvl to new ARK ?

Actually i’m very exited about a new world map, had a notion of where is everything and how it’s the terrain of the world would be so nice! since actual map it’s pretty useless and meh

2 Likes

Yes, you can. It just requires a small silver fee.

I’m wondering, if they will revert back to the original idea of making Orsha’s surrounding maps high level areas like they originally intended to do. This way less frequented maps could serve a purpose and it would probably also allow them to roll out this update sooner, because the maps, monsters, etc. already exist and everything.

1 Like

The patch notes state the following:
PvP 지역에서 힐량 감소가 적용되었습니다.

힐량 감소 translates as “Heal amount reduction”
The whole sentence translates as
“in PVP environments the Heal amount reduction will be used”

This means we’re talking about the amount of reduction, not about the amount of recovery.
The reduction is changed from a higher number to a lower number.
If it was only talking about the amount of recovery used, there would be no need to use the word reduction in the sentence.

Of course you could be right since I have no way to countercheck on the kTOS servers, but if you are, the developers have proven that they cannot even present a logical description of the changes in Korean, which wouldn’t surprise me given the redactions/changes to skill descriptions all the time, in return resulting in even worse translations for our servers.

You forgot the most important announcement, which is the 64bit client that is 70% completed already. The game will be running a whole lot more smoothly once it has been exchanged for a 64bit version, since it allows better multicoring and full support of more RAM use.

Another important thing is that the developers plan to release 1 new Art per class per year, meaning there is only a small margin of hope of improvement if these arts are a total bummer and rebalancing is also not hitting the right spot either.

4 Likes

I hope I don’t sound proud, but

1. I am a kToS player
  2. I can read Korean
  3. I am a hard-core PvP mania. I play TBL and Gemstone Feud every day. I am very sensitive to any PvP changes.

So let me ensure you that I am definitely right on this. This patch is not a boost, but a NERF.

8 Likes

FYI for people who are eager to see talk about balance.

Game still will have crap balance a year from now.
Don’t get IMC’d.

can someone paste me tao/ele/wiz changes from patches who was like 2-3 weeks ago in korea plx ? ;3

Anyone can clarify what’s this “2nd archetype” thing? I imagine it’s another one of imc’s “big ideas” that will turn out wobbly like the Arts system.

this is by far the most interesting part
new class, rework, orsha … is fine and all
but tos is awfull and run like trash, i really hope we’ll see it soon enough !

i wonder wich class will get the most useless new arts ?

anyone knows what those means ? image

1 Like

i wonder how many fire inquisitor will get for his new arts.
or how can they go further with zealot art.
hmm…
adding more should be good but when the current is acceptable

i want to get hype for this, but i think we will likely get this by the end of year or i even think they will postpone this again.prove me wrong.

2 Likes

since you commented on new ARTS I would like to know which ARTS is most useless today I would say it is the pardoner one the ARTS is basically wasted for one of the worst Healing skill in the clerics tree I really hope they change that ARTS.

1 Like

Worst ART in my opinion… maybe Cryomancer’s ART?

1 Like

IMO, Mergen’s and Zealot’s Art.

An Art to make a lackluster damage skill do less damage, and an Art in a dead DPS class that you can only use upon dying to support others with effects that aren’t worth dying for at all.

2 Likes

The core idea of ARTs is bad.

7 Likes

top sh’t is definitely zealot. you need to die in 3 minute and get ressurected each less than 1 minute to get your party, but not yourself, 30% dmg buff which in party situation gonna waste soul crystal usage or priest ressurection. they really work on this art in deadline.
top second sh’t is definitely inquisitor flame which is known meme
those are sh*t buried in deep abyss
meanwhile the beautiful sky is upon zornhau arts which technicaly boost its damage by *3 + follow up zucken *3 as well
or leather mastery beast which boost min damage by 50%

i knew this game through an era called tree of cleric, tree of wiz, and they shouldnt make it more obvious that its tree of swordman they trying to create now

4 Likes

mergen art is useless, i hope they make spread shoot art , maybe aoe make more hit like triple arrow attribute : triple