Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

Pet: “PLEASE DON’T EAT ME!!!” :haha:

I might occasionally drool on it, not gonna lie. :distinguished:

I’m more curious about the possibility of dropping Inq if really go for krivis vvr.
Something like krivis zealot and… monk?

Cuz without inq vvr , god smash is trash and ripper is meh without dahlia.

5% more silver on mvp = less reason to support your freaking team.
Good idea imc?
Next time when I cast diev buff I run away from team first?

even better pick rune caster and keep turning your teammate giant, even if they right click to get rid of it they wasted like 5 seconds and fall behind to your wizard superior aoe

1 Like

(Korea Server)Tree of Savior Lotus Flower Garden Collection (3/25/2021).

We already got the chick Umbrella, Hammer Dance, Cheer, and emotes on the itos server! Just missing out the costumes!

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken… those two purple costumes on the far left are already available as tradable costumes, right? The Violet Blossom Costumes.

Yep it was the previous goddess cube i think

1 Like

to quote IMC from the 2020 roadmap:

2020 Developer Road Map

2. 2nd Archetype

We are planning to develop brand new contents. We want to avoid too much action and enhance asynchronous multiplayer experience. We haven’t come up with specific content but we are thinking about defense mode, co-op survival, asynchronous competition, and team contents. We hope this new content will balance with the battle contents and relieve the fatigue in addition to new motivation and sense of accomplishment. We will write another post when this project becomes solid.

Casual

The idea of casual in us is to provide an opportunity with less limitation. We wish you can accomplish your goal even if it takes longer than accomplishing it in a party or guild. If you want to achieve your goal faster, you can do it as a party or guild. Our new Casual version Raids from previous updates diminished the burden to be in a party. We updated the Mercenary Badge Shop and Weekly Boss Raid in order to lessen the limitation to acquire the rewards from Boruta. We will update or add casual versions of contents which do not meet our idea of Casual Contents one by one.

3. Balance

Class balance is now our regular project as new classes and Arts are released. Our current main balance objective is to improve the weak points of classes, but we are also considering the improvement of usability. The usability is not simply meaning easy use. It includes all the rewards and fun and experience from various synergies between classes.
If the class is considered difficult, such as hard to achieve synergy or it takes a long time to take effect, the reward will be more abundant.

In fact they doubled down on the single player experience by punishing players in CM who deal less than other players by having less rewards, even if the gap is produced by the buffs of the individual himself as not all buffs are shared throughout the party.
Now they just gave the best player an additional 5%. I could understand it if they did a split like Overwatch does when putting up the top players (most heal,most damage,most kills,most damage absorbed it was if I remember correctly) but it’s just for the one who did the most damage.
So not only do top players get the most silver from JSR, the most rewards from raids and WBR as well as having an easy time to top up Sole Hunt Tel Harsha and are the only ones able to enter the hard mode of Res Sacrae dungeon, they also get more silver from CM.

That’s about the opposite of what has been formulated in the 2020 roadmap where they wanted to make classes that are harder to play[meaning they are significantly weaker in solo and party content] receive more rewards, they have a harder overall time and are gated from a lot of contents, and investing into them does not feel rewarding at all.

2 Likes

Nice, can buy black yokata w.o spending 50 mil.

1 Like

I’m always a fan of solo raid boss. (outside of wbr ofc)
I hate wasting time to form party.

Hope this solo raid thing is as good as what they do about moring solo…

Also the balance patch note got to be the biggest joke I’ve ever see.
Yeah sure the current meta builds are really hard to play (yawn)
Clicking more bottoms =/= hard to play.
Hunter is probably the hardest class to play well yet it still suck bulls.

I seriously don’t think Inquisitor will be dethroned even after taking a different Vaivora since the Inquisitor class itself still has some naughty stuff too, but IMO the new Vaivoras allow for other non-Inquisitor options to be viable at least. Heck, I feel even Druid can work with Zealot Krivis for Krivis Vaivora, but for now I’ll hold my assumptions.

The only way I can see that happen is if the casting set gets buffed to 400% damage boost and Energy Blast gets the full effect (no idea why they didn’t change the skill to full cast only, you cannot release it for the first 0.5 seconds either way). In this case Energy Blast Nirvana would outperform Ripper even with Breaking Wheel attached, but IMC doesn’t like Energy Blast being strong, so they didn’t change the skill or the casting set so far.

Krivis vaivora by itself is good if you invested into Piety and Zaibas and provides some stable damage if you can reach enough stacks to trigger the effect often enough, but it holds back any Monk-based strike build.

On the Monk & Zealot combo I must say that it is one of the worst possible combinations. You are already pressing so many buttons every second for the Monk skills alone, then you have to keep track of Blind Faith and Beady-eyed,too, which are very annoying, especially Beady-eyed with its 10 second skill duration. Put up Krivis with the 10 second Cool down 3 overheat Piety and 20 second cool down 3 overheat Zaibas and you’re welcome to hell.
The main problem of Monk is that while you want the support from other classes, the reliance on these short-lived buffs waste a lot of potential because Monk can’t burst well, so most of the time you are losing damage if you force all buffs to align for best coverage since the animations of the buffs take a long time.

And to be honest, while I had Monk and Zealot together in one build, I couldn’t really feel the “power” of Zealot, because Monk relies on too many skills that have to hit multiple times for big damage, reducing the value of Blind Faith by a lot. Coupled with the constant SP drain which isn’t good for SP-hungry Monk and the reduced recovery by Fanaticism I found myself in trouble constantly, especially on content that had SP drain mechanics.

More times than not I wasted time getting buffs renewed like Beady-eyed,which sometimes felt worth it while at other times were a waste of time to deal damage, the crit rolls didn’t come because min crit RNG betrays a lot.Inquisitor on the other hand can make use of Zealot well because it has less hits in bursting via Ripper and God Smash, which is why top damage builds for bossing mostly include Inquisitor + Zealot + Krivis/Druid as buff support, and you only have a time frame of about 10 seconds to set up Breaking Wheel+God Smash+Ripper,so the short-lived Beady-eyed and Blind Faith can be exploited to the maximum.

That said, Monk is in an awkward situation right now because it fits less with Inquisitor and Zealot but more with Krivis,Druid and Paladin (maybe even Kabbalist if you abuse the Merkabah additional damage mechanic and the CD reduction of Ein Sof to your favor) as those classes are supports without many skills to use constantly to rival Monks Energy Blast.

If you want to main Krivis with his vaivora, I would advise against using Monk, as you will be conflicted a lot of times whether you use Piety or Energy Blast. It fits far better with for example Plague Doctor (though there would be the problem with the vaivora again, but Plague Doctor without the vaivora works better than Monk without his vaivora, you’ll just be forced to level up Pandemic a few levels) who provides damage skills that can exploit the extra boost from Aukuras and are working fine without constant spam,you apply them and then you watch the enemy die.

You can probably build a good DoT character with Plague Doctor + Krivis + Pardoner that can have healing and support on top of the damage, using the Krivis vaivora.

Have you tried monk/krivis/druid? energy blast with like 150% crit dmg sounds nasty xd

Also pls remove energy blast, malleus interaction put it on krivis or some other class thx
make monk another option for phys clerics
@GM_Francis

IMC always sucked at balancing low/no-cooldown damage sources like auto-attacks and Nirvana Energy Blast since the days of old Double Punch. Heck, Energy Blast bug still exists while Gabija set doesn’t work with Nirvana Energy Blast on some patches and works on the next, I don’t know what to believe about the skill.

Krivis Vaivora’s effect is very easy to proc just by doing normal Krivis things without needing to change your playstyle. To be honest I feel only Piety’s animation time is holding anything back and I wish IMC shortened the time taken with Piety, make Piety a normal AoE without needing Brilliance and put that whole Brilliance gimmick to Krivis Vaivora’s stacking effect. The way I see it, Piety is simply another option if you’re unlucky with not getting Nirvana or can’t sit still around for 3.5s. Energy Blast technically has 0s cooldown and both technically have similar “DPS” on few targets so no biggie there. Physical Clerics can pretty much run any Physical Cleric build with Krivis Vaivora, though IMO it’s best for it to be a build that focuses more on Overlord than Dahlia.

No surprise about Zealot and Monk, IMC balanced everything about Physical Clerics to go with Inquisitor and its 40-second burst rotation. Non-Inquisitor builds simply adjust to the remains, though at least IMC has given options some time ago for non-Inquisitor Physical Clerics to be decent. The Physical Clerics always had the worst DPS out of all DPS builds for a very long time (other than a few situational cases) and have always received little to no love from IMC and the kToS player base. I understand the frustrations with the class archetype, but if damage is at the top priority, I suggest maybe playing another DPS type or biding the time until IMC starts doing something about it.

@alex_rivera_a It works haha, I just … don’t like Druid’s Lycanthropy screwing my fashion. IMC at least made changes for Clerics to allow for builds to not solely rely on burst, but really IMC please buff Physical Clerics, remove Malleus interaction and rework/buff Energy Blast instead :rofl:.

I’m away for a year
Has the game changed? great or bad ?

bad. no need to come back, you’ll just get stressed.

1 Like

dont do it

6 Likes

Bad. Recently tried to reengage. It is just… Dude dont do it.

Sweety’n’Tasty Ice Cream Costumes from Goddess Cube

5197180366854556231 5701583525120052129

2 Likes