Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

What makes you think that all PCs in one internet cafe share the same IP? Come on. Think before you speak.

They do. Each router terminated from your ISP, counts as 1 ip address. The remote IP address of course. And that is what IMC will see.

1 Like

You can buy 30 a week, you also can buy 2 daily, with a total of 44 per week. However, you have to always buy up your daily quota before you can buy on the weekly quota. Pretty much like how mobile internet packages will interact with each other if you have multiple active at once.

Now I understand, thank you. So I can buy 32 on the first day and then buy only the 2 daily until the end of the week, or if I don’t buy the 30 weekly on the first day I will have to buy the 2 daily first.

pretty much, unless you are planning to clear all 32 in day 1, else i wont recommend doing that :rofl: remember they are 1 day timed.

public and local ip address are different.
each machine that connects to a network is given a unique local ip address. this is why when you type ifconfig on your machine you’ll see something like 192.168.1.136 then your room mate will have something like 192.168.1.137 on his machine . But when you ask google, what is my ip address? Both you and your room mate will get the same answer (assuming you are on the same network), a public facing ip address and i believe this is what imc sees.

1 Like

image this is 4hr ago

1 Like

If they want people to quit the game, that’s a good patch to do so.
It was terrible in the first pitch and they were even able to worsen it…

4 Likes

“In short, yes, most libraries/Internet cafes have a shared public IP address. … The computers do have seperate INTERNAL network IP addresses, but they share the same IP address that goes out to the internet”

literally a google search.

1 Like

Very happy with these changes though some seem needlessly complicated.

Not too keen on the forced dailies but as long as everybody’s doing them the groups will be fast. Glad they’re finally dealing with funneling, guess it took KR to complain before they did anything about it.

Quick summary of changes in the new kLive (PREVIEW) maintenance notes. Still subject to change when the actual maintenance happens.

My translation of the initial kTest changes:

Automatic Matching for Legend Raids

-Legend auto matching no longer lets you pick a difficulty; you will always enter Easy mode
-They have deleted White Witch’s Forest (Easy) and Lepidoptera Junction (Easy), you can only enter these through auto matching
-You cannot auto match unless you have full level 400+ legend gear with fixed ichor on all slots (excludes accessories, seals, and ark)
-Only 2 entries allowed per week, cannot use Legend Raid Portal Stones for additional entries, is a separate entry count from the normal raids (can do both auto match and normal+ versions of the raid)
-Cannot match 2 to 4, cannot match with party
-Lepidoptera Junction raid rewards Moth Powder, very low chance of Moth Talc Powder
-White Witch’s Forest rewards Glacier Heart
-Very low chance of Arch Stone and Arch Stone Fragment from either raid only if you have a premium Token active

Lepidoptera Junction Changes
-HP condition for bosses using their skills changed from 90% to 90%~87%. Seems to match how Glacia uses her skills?
-Swap damage reduced.
-Failing Mutate will no longer faction change, will instead reduce poison resistance stacks.
-Reduced damage and poison resistance loss of curse.
-Tantalizer skill attack power reduced.

Challenge Mode Changes

If 3 or more party members are connected from the same IP address, the item drop rate and silver drop rate is reduced, divided amongst the total of additional members from the same IP there are, and Vaivora equipment cannot drop. The reward penalty only applies to those accounts that are on the same IP address.

3 players from same IP = 33% item drop, 33% silver drop
4 players from same IP = 25% item drop, 25% silver drop
5 players from same IP = 20% item drop, 20% silver drop

Mercenary Badge Shop Changes

The new version of the Mercenary Badge Shop they are going with:

Challenge Mode One Entry Voucher (1 Day)
30 exchanges per week (Teamwide)
2 exchanges per day (Teamwide)

Division Singularity One Entry Voucher (1 Day)
7 exchanges per week (Teamwide)
1 exchange per day (Teamwide)
Cannot use the voucher unless you are at 0 current entries in your F10 content menu

-Cannot purchase the weekly vouchers until you purchase the daily vouchers.
-Can now use Mercenary Badge shop from all areas except auto matching areas.

9 Likes

Dayum, thats one way to ask people “pls do my raid, and buy muh tokens”

1 Like

So if you use Fastweb or similar providers, you’re now forced to require a unique public IP address just to play this game.
Sure, let’s keep making some more hassles for normal players.

1 Like

Well, only if you use those providers at the same time as 2 other people in your CM party with the same IP address.

Should i ask everyone in my party what internet provider they’re using beforehand?
And well, there was the “2 players from the same IP” line up there before, and that would have been even worse - couldn’t even play along my brother in that case. I’m glad it was just a refuse, but i wouldn’t have been surprised if it was true either, seeing all the idiotical changes they’re doing these days (see: mercenary badge shop).

5 Likes

the same ISP is fine, its the end point router at each of your house that matters.

Not with Fastweb or similar providers. Unless you explicitely request an unique public address, in normal circumstances you’re sharing your public IP address with several (hundreds, last i’ve read about it) other people.
Thus from the outside they would appear as the same IP address.

While the probablility of issues arising is very low if it triggers only when 3 or more people are sharing the same IP…it’s still yet another hassle.

3 Likes

RIP to the brothers.

Regardless the impact of IP penalty on silver is stupid. A lot of people in different situations.

There are ways around this but probably not encouraged to discuss here.

The question I have is why they would even bother to design a change like this, when there’s ways around it.
It seems like a waste of time, this as well as the daily resets. They don’t and won’t solve either problem they’re designed to fix.