Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v5.0

atleast someone cared to to detailed research on it, here you go.

after i read this line i be like > “its already ded, stop kicking it”

15 Likes

Well… if they want players to spend more, reduce the silver inflation and get players to engage with the game more, they still have the option to make the main gameplay loop into a fun activity that isn’t reward focused, ideally with more variety on combat so you need to take more active decisions to be successful and even want to try different classes/builds to see how they play out instead of having to focus all your resources on a single/handful character(s).

It’s not like the most successful and popular games in the world, in varied genre, have to do anything to keep players around except for existing as a consistent enjoyable experience, without the need of providing ingame stuff at all.

I don’t know… maybe, just maybe, this sort of thing could get some players to be more likely to recommend the game to more people and even have some players to come back, but what kind of lunatic think about such thing?

Now being realistic, it kinda feels like IMC is trying too hard to milk whales, which kinda implies they aren’t hitting the mark. It’s common for interest of whales and regular players to not be aligned, whales may pay the bills but they won’t stick around if they’re the only ones left. What is concerning though is the fact this direction has been proved over and over to not be sustainable for anyone in the long run. It’s completely understandable that they don’t want to change anything in the game that can cause a drop in their income, but they should at least try test the waters to see where they can head to…

9 Likes

They had to come with this change. Free to play players are already not catching up and whales are using multi accounts to funnel money to their mains.

Now, not everything is bad if you put players on a logarithmic function. Some top WBR players have lvl 5 Boruta Seal + lvl 10 Boruta card, how much can they improve? not much. Hell, some of them already have 5+ BILLION silver. Cool, give them 50B silver it won’t make a difference.

This silver inflation is just making any future content and competition pointless, cause they will INSTA buy everything the very first day. Just like what happened with the Channeling set, the first week people already had the Channeling set at 50M+ silver per Debris. What can you do as a free to play player to stop that? Nothing, unless you decide to buy Leticia cubes.

The company refused to deal with Multi-account funneling in the first place, that was THEIR mistake, i’m definitely not going to stress over the facts posted above, but just enjoy the game at my own pace.
You guys can complain all you want, but it won’t change the fact that RICH players already have 5+ Billion silver in their pockets and are fully geared, silver sink won’t do ■■■■ now.

The only solution i see to this inflation problem by now, is to make any future content way more accessible to the average player, so even if rich players will get everything the first day/week, at least everyone else will also get it in a REASONABLE time, unlike Ark/Karaliene/Channeling set.

15 Likes

better remove silvers if thats the case. No more silver in world map now decrease silver in DS.

I wanted to respond to this idiotic “greedy vs non-greedy” dumb argument since yesterday, but I realized that if this is the guy that is defending IMC for killing off concurrent players by lengthening grinding periods and then monetizing it in the next Leticia cube…

IMC need to hire better paid actors, his smooth brain isn’t getting enough O2.

4 Likes

If you want to get a stone + relevant Vivoras for new players some time this century/b4 the game shutdowns, yes you need to grind everyday.

All these argument for naught. It is simply to increase the need to buy one of the greedy packages, and nasty cubes. “Anti-funnel” is just one of the superficial reason to have on these new changes. Promoting TP spending is in fact the main objective.

Take a look at the TP shop we have now, it speaks for itself. The model has clearly projected itself in that direction for the past year.

4 Likes

@Don_Falce what do you think about your fav class newest change?

1 Like

Real question here, can you manage to farm 280k badge every week?

indeed, as already said all this ■■■■ patches are to get whale to spend more.
thing is, the game will close soon with this mindset from the dev.

1 Like

Personally, the issue i hold with the mercenary change, is that it gives us less rewards for the time we spend, and not so much the total amount of earnings you can get per week.
Ordinary CMs take much longer than dimensional collapse CMs, for less reward even. Its a matter of time spent vs reward gained. And for grindy content that nobody really enjoys doing (Honestly an entirely seperate issue), making us spend more time for the same reward is really irritating.
Imagine your Boss halved your wage, but hey you can work twice as long to earn the same income as before.
Thats just my personal take on it, normal CMs are nowhere near as efficient as dimcollapse CMs, and the timed nature of the new resets prevents you from turning them into collapse resets or multipliers.

It also takes away control of when you decided to spend those resets, maybe you want to burn them all on a long singularity reset session accumulated through several weeks, but i don’t think its the end of the world.

3 Likes

They’re quite interesting changes. Blocking with daggers finally gives them some actual use beside being statsticks (and historically parrying daggers were indeed used) and makes block on gear a viable choice (as a matter of fact, i’ve already readied some STR/CON/Crit rate/Block ichors) for both damage and defense.
And the change on matador addresses one of the most annoying design issues with the class - as is, only one can have aggro, thus only one will ever actually use the matador passive bonuses in party or field contents. Ironically we’ll get it just together with the removal of field bosses, though. .
The removal of offensive rapide is well warranted, as it was put as a sort of bandaid back then to aid with damage, but balancing around that makes things harsh. And indeed, they rebalanced the skill themselves in terms of hits and damage. Flanconnade being removed…well, frankly speaking, i never saw anyone using it, especially since it was a slash skill with a block buff in a class with pierce bonuses that, with offensive rapide, can’t block. And functionally it’s in the same spot of attaque composee. We won’t miss it, goodbye Flanconnade, see you never (on that regard, having a flanconnade gem may be useful, since we should get a fencer gem box). They also removed the inconsistency of having added evasion via back slide, as evading didn’t work for proccing muleta counterattack, and that damage decrease for a single point is quite nice.
So, in short, seems like it’s all good.
Except for Faena, that keeps being useless. But Faena is like war- it never changes. But keep up trying, Faena, maybe one day you’ll bloom into a beautiful skill too.

1 Like

well since field drop badge instead of silver, you could use you baubas farmer to farm merc badges, dcp + uphill + bernice + wbr is around 120k, adding both feud could bring the number to anything around 150k to 200k, the rest is depends on how fast you can farm merc badge in field.

images

Atleast for me

15% damage reduction on a block is quite low though, the damage buff is nice, but dies out a bit due to all of the damage bonus stacking available.
Personally, if i wanted defense, i’d just go offsetting. Or go DEX for offense (I know DEX is weak, but Fencers have high crit to make better use of it)

Thoughts from 온쿄우, one of the KTOS players on the new CM/Singularity resets (it’s not implement yet). And yes, it seen most KTOS players are moving toward using their alt accounts to earn more slivers now.

4 Likes

Silver scarcity will be real. I assumed that it will have an impact in the market itself.

It’s low indeed, but when shields normally parry for 30% it’s not like we could ask for more. And that 30% damage is not bad either for the 5 pieces (main or subweapon + 4 armors) required for a good block chance. Sure, if i wanted to go purely defensive i would go for offsettings. But from an offensive standpoint DEX is kinda bad even with the current epee garde values, and they’re getting lowered at the fleuret-level after the change, thus it will be even worse. So it’s more about having a good offensive choice with added defense.
That said, it doesn’t even require all the ichors - i made armors and a rapier one, and those shall provide more than enough block to hit the cap even in the worst case (glacia, albeit there i can also use the proper tanking ichors) and hopefully keep the damage buff always up. If i really need more defense after that…well, i’ve made a subweapon ichor with both offsets to switch upon when needed.Albeit i would normally use dedicated str/con/crit rate/atk vs type ichors in the subweapon in normal circumstances.

a game that force you to use alt account to buy an apple.
10/10