Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

erm… HL is not dead it is popular with Dop and bar for PVE … its attack is high now with some changes lately

Yeah but I hate the idea of replacement. I want actual rework and balance on these classes. Not it’s underperformance swept under the rug.

It’s only used now because there’s nothing else to fill the second role. Barb and Doppel is pretty self sufficient. But Blossom finally gives the class something to add to it’s 3rd circle That has some substance instead of a filler dps.

1 Like

↑This↑

Well, actually I have Matador for Picador attribute, Ole and Corrida Finale. Matador, which doesn’t even specialize in 2H swords.

But it is dead.

The problem outlined by Korea in the comments is that this puts Staff in an awkward position again. If the goal was to buff two handed weapons, now we’re back to square one.

If Rod+Dagger is competitive with Staff, and Rod still has Rod Mastery while Staff doesn’t, then what’s the point in using a Staff? And if it’s not competitive, then that means all the one handed/dagger combinations for other classes aren’t balanced. Are two handers supposed to still be better for offense or not? Using a Rod provides Rod Mastery, the ability to swap to a shield whenever desired, higher stats from ichors, and more. The only thing you lose is some potentially interesting staff/ornament fixed-stat ichors.

They’ve put the balance in another confusing position.

9 Likes

This could be resolved just by giving 1h nifty benefits like Having to crit more, or something. Less damage, but you crit more. Or shield boosting HP for some classes or something.

How much easier would it be to solve the eternal 1h vs 2h problem if imc admitted all their poorly designed bloat actually does more harm than good to the game, and becomes a massive hassle in the long run? Crevox pointed it out himself right there, this wouldn’t even be as much of an issue if the entire refinement system didn’t exist like it does today (anvils, transcendence, ichors, enchant jewels, gems, etc etc etc.) And god knows what more they come up with in the future.

1 Like

that mean epi 12 final capter.

Exactly what I thought when I saw the dagger mastery thing. There’s no point in using 2h anymore aside from those weapon gimmicks/special features.

some classes takes advantage in using two handed anyway.

In my point of view its the same trade of using a Two handed+Ornament and One handed + Dagger over the survivability you get for using One handed + Shield.
Lets Remember that Two handed still have a bigger attack range. I personally don’t see this passive as a killing blow to Two handed builds.

1 Like

then they should buff up ornament back again.lol.

The issues with staff and rod lies in rod mastery, and nothing else. Classes that had no such masteries have no issue in that regard. Of course, they should properly review similar masteries now.
That said, the new items are already balanced random ichor-wise - we know that, cause they gave us the stat tables this time - as the stat total between one handed + shield/subweapon or two-handed+weapon ornament are the same. And fixed-ichor wise, the ornaments are rather balanced compared to other subweapons, even pretty good considered they’re supposed to have lesser stats. Also, by introducing the weapon ornaments, they have evened out costs and number of slots for both one-handed and two-handed classes (thus solving the awakening, enchant jewel and amount of gems issue).
So depending on the class, either you go two-handed or one-handed+dagger for offense, or one handed+shield for a more defensive approach. Sure, with some classes you may have the choice to manually swap between dagger and shield…but so what? You’re still trading offense with defense in doing so, it’s not like you’re getting both.
If anything, they should fix autoswaps in the mixed cases - using two-handed in second slot so that you use skills while having a shield on. As in that case you do have both defense and offense together.

Imo, they should move rod mastery to staff mastery to make both 1H and 2H become viable.

1H for defensive, utility and flexible playstyle.
2H for casting and full offensive.

2 Likes

Eh, 1H+Dagger would be still be full offensive as well…except that it wouldn’t be getting the casting reduction, and thus would end up inferior in all cases. Being able to manually swap the subweapon for a shield isn’t a bonus in itself - you’re still getting either defense or offense, not both.
Seeing as for wizard classes rods or staffs are effectively choices - they aren’t constrained by classes in terms of weapon choices, even if some do have some small bonuses with certain weapons - they may give different offensive bonuses based on the weapon choices.
Thus we could have
1H+Shield - defensive choice, mastery could give something defensive-related
1H+Dagger - offensive choice, mastery gives partial damage from dagger and maybe current rod mastery effect - thus a good situationally useful effect.
2H - offensive choice, doesn’t need mastery for increased attack (gets it from weapon ornament), should get another good situationally useful offensive effect.

Of course, a straight damage increase would be a no-no - that’s not situational in the slightest. The current rod mastery is situational - many skills don’t have a cast time to begin with and for those it’s useless - so this other effect should be situational as well. Maybe it could increase damage toward elemental weaknesses, similar to elemental essence.

2 Likes

Rod + dagger is so 2016.
Let me fish up my arde dagger and superior corona rod again.

19 Likes

Oh man, i was mainly asking cause IMC was forcing us to go 2H mace again with the busted Vaivora weapons, but now that (recently) we got these 1H mace + Dagger buffs, we can keep the +2 Monk Skills ichor while providing “probably” the same DPS as a 2H mace. Which is nice, but again, Monk still needs a buff on some of their core skills that are outdated like Energy Blast 420% * 9 SFR nowadays is literally nothing compared to Crusader’s Goddess skill (67k% SFR). And also reduce the CD of Palm Strike to 10 seconds.
I really want to make Krivis’s Aukuras art work with DP, but i need to maintain 1,600+ Crit. rate, DPS and somewhere around 4,000+ Healing to outheal some bosses damage like Misrus H. just with DP, while bursting here and there with Palm Strike + Hand Knife. I tried it before on Misrus H but i was unable to maintain 4k Healing stat without losing huge DPS. So i was on a situation where i was able to survive but my DPS was lackluster and failed the boss.
I won’t go back to Zealot, it’s a class that needs to many buffs to execute ANYTHING so i’ll either go Krivis or Crusader or even Priest, depending which class boosts more my Monk’s overall DPS.

CM’s are way too buffed, feels like IMC took a step backwards again where we have a harder time “soloing” CMs for no reason, the word “challenge” is just for the sake of killing many mobs and doing it multiple times a day, that’s the real challenge, imo.

Thanks for the video link! I will wait for the patch and test it myself.

I think we’ve got it all wrong. Our main concern since forever was the advantage of 1H weapons to have a SHIELD with Physical defense and stats while losing little DPS in both PvE and PvP compared to 2H weapons that were on a clear disadvantage, especially in PvP, can be debatable in PvE.
Let’s not forget how broken Aias(84 block + 8% chance to reduce damage by 50%) was in 2016 in PvP and PvE or Emengard Shield with 7% block rate in 2017. Truth is, it’s always been Shields that break the balance of the game.

Then, there’s some legitimate complaints that people on iTOS ask which is : why offensive 1H weapon classes have to deal less damage than 2H weapon focused builds. e.g Fencer, Rodelero, Dragoon, Retiarius, Monk, Sadhu, Quarrel Shooter, PD, Scouts in general (aside busted Corsair). My answer was a “design problem or hey, you can use a shield”, but maybe IMC wants to close that gap or simply discourage people from actually using a Shield in PvP,/PvE. I feel like it’s more about that, than making 2H weapons “stronger” than 1H weapons, which has no real argument to start with, other than a design problem.

I will give the example of Monk, cause it’s the class that was forced to change from 2H mace to 1H mace ichor(+2 Monk skills) for no reason, if we consider that Monk by default has shitty SFR’s forcing them to use 1H mace is asking or wanting to kill the class/build. Now Monk is on an awkward position that they bust Vaivora weapons, specfically 2H mace (while giving 1H mace the “support ichor”) add 2H Ornaments an what can we do? Go back to 2H mace, right?

IMC implicitly makes us change from 2H weapons to 1H weapons depending what Ichor is good/meta, here’s another example, Exorcist with Skiaclipse 2H mace Ichor, Exorcist wasn’t a 2H mace class and suddenly IMC releases that Ichor for them while giving Monks the 1H mace ichor treatment.

Some Masteries like you mentioned, can or should be deleted, but the main problem was still there. I hope that we see some sort of balance out of this, but i doubt it.
From a game developer perspective, the more items or stats you implement to balance a game, the more you break it.

2 Likes

Korean tos neet has been updated so all items and skills are up

wow min max damage of 2H weapon is crazy , but with new incoming dagger mastery for everyone 1H can catch up :o

1 Like

Big patch is now live in ktos.

-You can now move to the Valandis 91 “hidden” area by using the Seal of Space.
-Number of monsters killed to spawn a CM portal changed to 100. (Applies on all maps)

^ I don’t remember these 2 changes in the ktest patch notes.

New ktos event: Reach lvl450 before Jan 23rd and receive 4 Ragana emotes, and a Tini Doll (doll slot item, not the hat)

5 Likes

Tiny…doll… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ah motivation to level uuuup