Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Ninja will disappear, no worries.

Seems like smugis is like kraujas but with added effect of 10k damage per sec

(Edit: ninja’d)

2 Likes

The proc would cap out at 400k damage if you’re hitting something for the entire 20s due to the internal cooldown and makes it pretty garbage.

Damage modifier is also deceptive to determine because Bong is a dipshit and is using things like latent venom in the video.

edit: And this actually just makes me annoyed in general because IMC continues to do this thing where they put all this effort into content that no one needs to/will want to do, because at best it’s just a sidegrade to things people already have. Rewards from harder content should be obvious upgrades.

1 Like

I edited my post about Smugis confirming my initial thoughts on Smugis functionality.

After testing by KR players, Smugis provides a +% damage increase effect to your own skills/attacks in addition to the 10,000 Smugis hits. The damage increase does not apply to the Smugis hits. This makes it better than Kraujas if the enemy has over 55% HP, but progressively worse as they get lower than that, without having any defensive penalties and an added extra damage per hit every 0.5 sec.

My Opinion
Overall, it’s mostly a sidegrade to Kraujas. Most raid bosses in the game will use their deadly skills at lower HP, and at that point, Smugis has become a weak bonus, making it a poor choice for finishing them off. It is excellent for getting them to lower HP, but once they do get lower, its usefulness is greatly diminished. The fact it has no defensive penalty makes it a much safer choice, and the 10,000 damage hits aren’t amazing because as previously stated, this can only truly amount to 400,000 damage in the best scenario (enemy must have at least 1 million max HP and you must be triggering the CD exactly every 0.5 sec).

If you don’t want the damage penalty of Kraujas, but like Kraujas, go with Smugis. On average it’s about the same damage bonus with the slight quirk of being worse on low HP enemies. Overall Smugis is much better if you hate the extra damage you take because of Kraujas, but if that aspect of Kraujas doesn’t bother you, then they’re very similar. It’s also fine if you just want to use Varnas (crow) equipment and want a viable alternative to Kraujas (since Kraujas won’t be available).

If you are a class that can reliably put and keep 8 debuffs on an enemy, Korup is better than both Kraujas and Smugis and is the best, so long as you’re not going past your +400% damage increase limit.

6 Likes

Great! All I wanted to personally know is that Kraujas is still reasonably viable. Thanks Crevox

is there any clip from ktos for dual ichor extraction?
im hoping both equipped ichor could be extracted from legend gear.

So that’s mean it’s not working with summons?

It shouldn’t based on the description, but IMC is a bit inconsistent with things working on summons or not, so for now I would assume no until tested.

Btw, Tiskline is even less good than those sets even with dragon strength i suppose?

BongToS damage/skill test videos are just god awful, but at least it gave us that precious second to figure out that Smugis is better than Kraujas for PvP, call it weebs with layers of shield aka Genbu Armor/Gyvenimas, so it’s a good to go set at least for my Doppel.

Korup wins over Kraujas and Smugis with the damage modifier hands down when it comes to World bosses and Boruta.

So basically, get ready to make 2 legendary Skiaclipse sets: 1 for PvP and 1 for PvE.

Notes aside, the 400% damage modifier limit basically says RIP to those meta parties clearing Velcoffer in 10 seconds with specific Zealot - Musketeer combos. Fair enough.

2 Likes

Tiksline without dragon strength is terrible, but with dragon strength, it’s competitive. Situationally better. It is effectively:

+50% Damage
+100% Final Damage (up to 7 million)
Duration: 10 seconds

If you’re not already using any other damage modifiers, it’s +150% damage over 10, which is worse than Kraujas (+100% over 20), Smugis (+90% over 20/25), and Korup (+240% over 10 provided conditions are met). Tiksline shines because it is final damage, which means if you already have damage modifiers increasing your damage (which most people do), it will boost the damage in full regardless because it is final damage, but with two major drawbacks.

One, the target has to live for at least 10 seconds for the mark to explode to actually cash out that damage dealt, and two, it will only benefit you up to 7 million damage, and anything after that is just going to be +50% only. It is excellent if you already have tons of damage modifiers because the final damage will be extremely effective and you will avoid damage bonus cap better than the other bonuses. It is also good if you are up against a target with high defense, as it will be difficult or impossible to cap out on the 7 million damage, which will be content like challenge mode bosses or against players in PVP.

It is also as far as we know the only set that works for summoners because it is a debuff rather than a buff, so if you’re a summoner, all of this doesn’t matter because you’re going to use it regardless. If Korup or Smugis work for summoners they will be viable alternatives, but Kraujas doesn’t, so if they do, it would be a gigantic inconsistency.

Because we have so many different bonuses now, we can lay them out in a very simple manner.

Set Bonuses

DS is Dragon Strength (bonus granted when equipping a level 3 Boruta Seal or higher).

Kraujas
+100% Damage
+200% Damage Taken (DS: +50%)
Duration: 20 seconds

Tiksline
+50% Damage
+100% Final Damage (up to 1 million, DS: 7 million)
Debuff on 3 nearby targets
Duration: 5 seconds (DS: 10 seconds)

Korup
+30% Damage per debuff (max +240% with 8 debuffs)
-30% Self Max HP
DS: +10% Damage with Physical/Poison
DS: +20% Minimum Critical Chance with Magic/Curse
Duration: 10 seconds

Smugis
+180% Damage (scales down to 0% linearly as enemy loses HP, about ~+90% dmg on average)
-1% enemy max HP on hit (max 10,000 dmg, CD 0.5 sec)
Duration: 20 seconds (DS: 25 seconds)

Sumazinti
-15% Magic Defense (DS: -20%)
Debuff on 5 nearby targets
Duration: 15 seconds (DS: 20 seconds)

In my opinion, purely based on damage output:

My Tier List

S+ Tier
Korup (Only IF you can have at least 7 debuffs on the enemy, 8 is even better)

S Tier
Smugis (Dragon Strength)

A Tier
Kraujas
Smugis

B+ Tier
Tiksline (Dragon Strength)

C Tier
Sumazinti

F Tier
Tiksline

Sumazinti is MUCH more useful if you are going to benefit multiple magic users with it and you do not use it purely for yourself. That is where it shines.

Tiksline is worth using even without dragon strength if you’re a summoner, because none of the others work.

10 Likes

@crevox do you know if there are more debuffs from another character on the boss it works for my korup, or it needs to be self-casted by me?

So it’s F tier (without seal lvl3) for summoner too?

Should work on all debuffs. Nothing suggests they have to come from you, but there’s minimal testing on the skill done on ITOS thus far.

Yes, the actual benefit you get from it compared to the rest isn’t much. It’s still very useful, but when compared to how strong the others are, it’s low tier.

240% over 10s is better than 100% over 20s due to controlled use of cooldowns and burst. Lining up your powerful class skills/cooldowns with a shorter duration, higher damage buff allows for much more damage and in a shorter time frame to get more out of those skills.

Correct me if I’m wrong; Korup can be applied only to Savinose, right? Not Skiaclipse? Does that mean I don’t need to farm the new legend raid if Korup is that good?

yes that is correct,
smugis is not available for savin while korup is not available for crow

1 Like

does Kraujas work on Magic dmg ?

yes it does, no reason for it not to.

1 Like

I’ll copy the text he posted on the first comment:
Which item will you put into ichor? Use some best-in-slots! (copy pasted from my other reply:)
a few ‘best in slot’ weapon ichor effects:
Skiaclipse 2-hand sword for Doppel
Wastrel zvaigzde cannon
Asio Mace
Asio Pistol
Wastrel zvaigzde sword
Masinios Bow
Masinios Crossbow
Skiaclipse shield for peltasta
Wastrel rapier for fencer
Masinios dagger for rogue
Skiaclipse dagger for assassin
Skiaclipse pistol for Sheriff
Skiaclipse staff for warlock
Skiaclipse staff for bokor
Skiaclipse 2-handed mace for Exorcist
Skiaclipse spear for retiarius
Skiaclipse mace for monk
…please know there are multiple version of skiaclipse items~ These are just a few mentions! Maybe you can find other nice items. I typed from memory so I might’ve forgotten some. For equip, you can use and match whichever ones you like! Items like Sausis gloves are good for boss. Other ichors: Skiaclipse cloth for healer Skiaclipse plate for tank Skiaclipse leather for DPS
2 Likes