Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Featherfoot now does 50% more to cursed enemies. Question is what skill from Featherfoot actually curse now? They removed the Hexing from Kurdaitcha does that mean only Bone Pointing curses now? Then what is the point of that attribute if Bone Pointing has such a high cooldown. If we have to choose Bokor for Hexing that leaves with just either Warlock and Shadowmancer as a third choice and it ducks that we cannot take voth dark classes.

My thoughts exactly, its kinda more confusing to build dark damage builds since there is now an outlier class who is only considered due to 1 strong attribute and has no dark damage at all, only poison damage (like why IMC).

That said, what constitutes a cursed enemy is another question, enemies debuffed under Blood Curse, Hexing from Bone Pointing, Hexing from Bokor etc etc or all of the above. Depending on what it is, the effects of 50% more dark damage could even be rather minimal at best. I don’t really get what does bone pointing having increased AoE attack ratio will do since it’s just target attack too.

With that said, I probably am going to stick with Warlock-Shadowmancer and think about the last class (used to be Sorcerer, probably sticking with Sorcerer for roleplay memes, cat and summon passive damage). Besides the increased damage from Cursed enemies with FF, Warlock and Shadowmancer also synergizes well together with Warlock’s Fear attribute and skills from both classes increasing in damage from enemies under Fear (or Blind, if party members can inflict blind that’ll be nice winks at Outlaws etc).

Feels like as long as I have either the Fear synergy or the Curse synergy (or both), I should be fine for my dark damage wizard. Damage stacking from multiple buffs/debuffs are additive anyways, probably not gonna miss out too much skipping FF as long as I have Warlock-Shadowmancer synergy to go by.

If this is really gonna be the intent with warlock, then any skill that doesn’t interact with spirits has to go.

Demon Scratch is just your generic spell. If it pulled spirits along the way then it would make sense with this new take on warlock. It could also leave spirits along its path instead.

PoA could do no damage itself (as it is nothing more than a dark fire pillar) but instead spawn spirits.

1 Like

The bone pointing curse situationally has very high uptime. It’s only 3 sec downtime against a boss(%6.7downtime). 10 sec(22% downtime) against packs you’re gibbing… And keep curse up on a few targets all the time in a CM unless it’s derping hard and shooting a mob off in a corner.

I think the major issue for FF is that it needs a gathering skill to take full advantage of it’s kit. And dark casters and necro don’t have one. Necro also suffers from not having a gathering skill with tiny meme AoE that comes with Flesh cannon(it’s bad meh dmg anyway) and the skeleton’s tiny splash.

Edit: added % since it’s easier to think about it that way.

The Earth Tower changes are radical… Having to do only 5 floors is more than welcome, as with its current state doing 21-35f is simply an unbearable task (one hour per run, 2mil HP pinata mobs, 5mins per defensive floor running around like an idiot…). Didn’t really need the mob nerfing except HP but oh well… Questions: you still need to complete floor 1-5 to do 6-10 and so on right? and what about symbols?

I like Uphill changes. This becomes more like a team event to get abrasives. We lose the ancient gold coint at the end it seems though… By the way, who decides between normal and hard mode? Two different queues?

About the skill changes… I’m not quite sure if Warlocks are getting a buff or another nerf here. I don’t get the Ghastly trail change… as spirits channeled this way “pop” on the first mob they contact and immediately disappear, so the extra damage is pointless. Evil Sacrifice seems to be the skill that’s buffed here, making those static spirits from Invocation useful (especially with the Dark Theurge attributes).

Finally we see the promised synergy between Warlock and FF implemented. This suxx… because I just respeced my Warlock from Ele to Bokor :laughing:. Extra +50% dark damage on cursed enemies though :open_mouth:. But only Blood Curse works?

This is gonna be a tough choice… keep Bokor or switch to FF. Because Bokor seems to have been buffed too. 30% extra damage against Hexed vs 10% min crit chance. Tough to say what’s best… Damballa improved. The change to Makangdal makes it viable if you have Shadowmancer in the build. Damn this is gonna be more headache time when this patch hits us… :laughing:

INB4 all floors are Egg floors…

2 Likes

EGGS ?

1 Like

Could be worse… all floors could be a variation of floor 12 with more and more mobs as you get higher. :haha:

So since no one is talking about this why in the world is IMC giving an attribute enhancement to Pardoner Shop Buffs when they could do 2 things.

1. Let the Spells original enhancement be taken into account.

2. Revert the nerf partially but instead of 70% scaling of buffs change it to 55%.

What they are doing is so stupid and beyond any form of comprehension, it just baffles me someone in the dev team thought i know how to buff pardoner shops we give them an enhancement attribute. To top this of the stupid person that suggested this idea is going to get a bonus in their pay let alone getting payed to design/balance the game.

Geniuses at work.

1 Like

Why did they code a wheel for the Healing skill instead of using a target area like for any other skill?

“Why do it the easy way when you can do it the hard way?”

Enhancement system:

“When one tries continuously, one ends up succeeding. Thus, the more one fails, the greater the chance that it will work.”

RNG:

“If there is one chance out of a 1000 to succeed, rush failing the 999 first tries.”

Fixing bugs:

“If there is no solution, it is because there is no problem.”

Support team:

“To reduce the numbers of unhappy people, always beat up the same individuals.”

Dev team:

The Shadoks had five monosyllabic words in their language: “Ga”, “Bu”, “Zo”, “Meu” and “Ni” (French spelling). But their brain had only four cells. So they could only remember the last four ones heard.

2 Likes

I was also thinking along the lines of making a Sage Chrono. However, even though Sage skills do more damage to slowed enemies, Chrono’s slow isn’t exactly that usable considering how slow it is. Wonder how Dimension Compression will be since you can use Quick Cast with it.

The thing I’m disappointed is that they changed Sage into a support class and nerf the damage, but it doesn’t seem like there is any buff in the class support nature. No changes to Missile Hole which is a great buff. Might as well change the icon to yellow instead of green.

2 Likes

Ok, question!
The new sage attribute deals 30% more damage to Slow and Hold affected enemies.

But what counts as Hold? (in the wizard tree)
The kino immobilizing stuff?

Probably just Shadow Fetter.

So, devs are forcing synergies now. I don’t like Corruption changes. It makes you think that dark classes should stay with dark classes and elemental ones have to pair with other elementals. This isn’t the purpose of re:build at all. Now we have less choices.

Yet, I much appreciate the dark classes buffs, except for Mastema holy damage bonus. This makes Rune of justice is even worse than before. They better have plans for Rune Caster.

Also, if they want Sage to be a support class, fix the attributes first! And damage shouldn’t be decreased, it was already low.

6 Likes

Not to mention it makes build with Necro synergize way less with a party. It’s not just about your own build. Greater corruption was how Necro contributed to parties. It was our version of a Tri-Disaster charm. Why couldn’t it just be Fire/Phys/Poison.

Do you know what does “P2W” means at all? because I think you don’t. It’s: paying for something you can’t achieve through game mechanics and the only way for achieving that is paying with money. You can pay those packages if you want to get faster to end game but that’s it, you can’t purchase your velcoffer set through TP so don’t complain about those TP things, if you don’t like them, don’t buy 'em, they are not hurting you at all.Also, those TP items are the ones maintaining our crappy servers :confused:

P2W means Pay-To-Win, nothing more nothing less. “Win” is subjective to each player, but I’ll just assume it as getting end-game gear to be able to tackle any content. I’m already seeing players shouting in-game selling Diamond Anvil and Trans 8 services with those TP packs for more than enough silver to buy Velcoffer items so …

Nothing new though, players have been doing the same thing with every desirable Goddess Cubes. Many instances of new players only just joining in, buying loads of Goddess Cubes and selling its contents, then already getting Velcoffer within a week or two with the proceeds as compared to players who grind normally for them.

Not missing out on not buying them, really. Just rather irritating to know players can buy their way to end-game.

2 Likes

So those P2W trans items can you extract blessed shards out of them?
Actually can you still extract? I’m not even seeing the menu option when I went to check.
F…M…L… why wasn’t there big flashing red warning sign for returning players!?

Hilarious how the p2w items are released in iToS before patches that actually came way before said items.

Still waiting for Murmi’s cassis crista nerf / scutum buff.

Thanks to Tos.neet, now we know the names of the four upcoming new classes.

//

Archer:

• Matross
  • Tiger Hunter

Scout:

• Arditi
  • Sheriff
15 Likes