Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Chapquis will still be plenty strong and will be my choice come re:build. My planned build was Priest Chap Inquis (since that is what I have rolled since it was available). Good to see it is still as strong as it should be.

Yeah we also have to account for the splash attribute on Zaibas being removed. I guess itā€™s ok for bosses with the additional overheat but all in all I donā€™t think all that is worth losing all of the cool stuff Krivis used to have.

Also, the problem with saying Inq/chap is bad is that chap kind of relies on inq to be playable regardless of the torture tool stuff. Without the wheel making those loaded auto attacks AOE, chaplain by itself doesnā€™t do much other than kill enemies one by one. Itā€™s just logical to want to take an auto-attack oriented class and give it AoE through this interaction.

I just checked the splash attribute seems to be inbuilt into zaibas now. Looks like a hidden update? O.O

15 Likes

Would be nice if they keep it like that, or if they delete splash attribute but increase skill factor by a lot. Just deleting the splash attribute doesnā€™t make any sense given how low the skill factor is.

Now they just need to reduce Melestis cooldown by a bit, then Krivis might be a decent option again

:tired:

I get this feeling that krivis and taoist should swap places. Just a feeling though. It will pass.

Maxed Zaibas hits for 19 times, and if splash attribute doesnā€™t exist then the hit count should divide accordingly. There seems to be more than 3 monsters and from counting damage ticks it looks like 11 ticks? All I get from that is that Zaibasā€™ mob clearing capabilities seemed limited when faced with more than a certain amount of mobs.

Anywayā€¦ they seem to add this as a hidden update and managed to bugged Aukurasā€¦ now Aukuras donā€™t add any fire elemental damage at all (to either magic nor physical)ā€¦ well done ><

4 Likes

But somebody made a homunculus videoā€¦ do you need divine might for it now or wth?

The value of melstis goes up significantly when buff duration for many classes decreases, which has already happened in Rebuild.

ok if zaibas can splash again at least it isnt terrible

still not good

But buffs duration being reduced and Melestis cooldown going up is what makes it badā€¦ Cause you canā€™t use it as a constant buff duration increase due to waiting time.

It is good, but it is loosing to Diev statues, specially that Ausrine will keep statues buffs for 5min if Iā€™m not mistaken

2 Likes

Chaplain is very capable of maintaining high burst damage and gets stronger and stronger the longer the fight isā€¦

Want a 999999 additional damage line on an auto attack? Chaplain got you covered.

It promotes a new way of looking at auto attackā€¦ only AA for 10 secs every 40 or so seconds. Hope IMC does see this coming.

1 Like

Iā€™m just questioning if inqui given the new chaplain is still a good combo. If I could still take inqui 1 I would but taking inqui just for burn seems to high an opportunity cost (this is the same for monk just for the dp aspd).

Iā€™ll look for an oracle to help me over the weekend, hope to get a homouculus up so can try a alchemist build

2 Likes

neat, but i doubt this will stay the way it is for long. Im sure they will make casting visible talent again cancel the previous buff.

If this stays, this will be a beautiful thing for AA builds. Can easily combine it with Monk and Druid.
Chaplain is looking more and more like a good combo with Monk.
Can Double Punch while Visible Talent is up, then on its CD cast all the monk fist skills, use Golden Bell. Rinse repeat. Add Diev to the mix and it would just be stupid amounts of fun :distinguished:

no way will this stay the way it is, otherwise it will trivalize world bosses and all clerics will be chaplain. It is clearly an unintended interaction with the skill.

• Monks
  • Auto-Attacks

What wonderful times Monks live in now ā€¦ from Knockback machine to Meme to Double Punch class ā€¦ and now to Auto-Attack bot. (hating it just because I hate Chaplains and auto-attack builds in general to run as a main)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I heard Double Punch stance does not stack with half-lycan form.

You spread the discerning evil skill (which is a debuff now). Not useful to spread if there arenā€™t any debuffed-enemies around. No debuffs to extend.
Pandemic is the skill which spreads (some) debuffs.
Discerning evil extends debuffs. Holy ground attack + discerning evil = more enemies get discerning evilā€™d. I am sorry if my text was confusing.

2 Likes