Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

They shouldve put Muay Thai and Monk in the same tree

after watching some of those videos i believe scout linker is going to be broken AF

this was my dream buildā€¦ it is not anymoreā€¦

monk and chaplain numbers are so low :tired:

Bong is rocking a +12 skull smasher (2h version) stage0 in this video, so keep that in mind. Numbers arenā€™t really indicative of a stage10 380 weapon or velco weapon

yeah, but the % are really low on the simulator as wellā€¦ aspergillum 100ĀØat lvl a5, double punch is crap as well

They are auto attacks, meant to be filler DPS not the only thing you use.

Bong didnā€™t even get god smash in this video which is one the only reasons to go inquis

If you mix monk and chaplain you are doing it wrong.

you design the game? because if not, you shouldnā€™t go about making ā€œboldā€ statements like this, especially if you donā€™t have all the info.

since both are auto attack classes and sustained dps, they should go well togetherā€¦

unless, IMC decides that any AA build should be in scout treeā€¦ which seems to be the case

3 Likes

Monk has always been bad, its like a tradition
Even in the story quest monks are useless and weak
I think Kim is doing it intentionally

1 Like

Just when I wanted to create another weirdo build with Krivis Monk Taoist, they decide to make Taoist a Wizard class. And I donā€™t get what can you do with Taoist in Wizard tree right now. Maybe good for one skill of Elementalist but what elseā€¦ ?

And what about ma butifuuuul white and pink rabbit costume ? If I still want to be an Enchanter I need to change my character to Scout, which means Iā€™ll canā€™t wear my bound to character costume anymoreā€¦ MEH

oh man i picked two classes with auto attack skills why am i not doing damage

6 Likes

How many lighting skills are in the cleric tree anyways?

i donā€™t know why you feel so entitled manā€¦ are you completely ignoring the meta we had so far? like inq,krivs,chaplain?

hahā€¦ some dudes are just arrogant i guessā€¦

have fun

you mean the thing that was completely broken OP and IMC fixed it? Why would they fix something like that and then go back to making it OP

you do you, it is just very silly to go two classes out of the 3 you can choose that have auto attack modifiers. Monk and Chaplain has never worked together nor will it

1 Like

Itā€™s not about the number of skills but the synergy between skills. They maybe changed Taoist, but if they didnā€™t, it seems that it is a strange move.

Still ma build was awesome just because of that : https://www.tosbase.com/database/attributes/416010/

:tired:

Really useful for Wizards btw.

@Remiri But Double Punch is considered as an auto attack right now, no ?

No, DP is an active skill with no cooldown which is why it never made sense with chaplain since chaplain required auto attacks to trigger

After this change, you have 3 classes to pick from. If 2 out of the 3 classes you pick have auto-attack filler DPS you are making a terrible mistake for no reason other than ā€œI want toā€.

1 Like

you missed it then that DP is a stance now so it is an auto attack :F

2 Likes

DP is a toggle skill that turns your autos into double punches after rebuild
basically an auto attack buff

might need to read a bit more lol

i think chap + monk isnt that weak though, seems like the guy in the video isnt geared enough.

Right, which makes it just as foolish to mix monk and chaplain. The majority of anyones damage in TOS is coming from skills, not auto-attacks.

Auto attacks have always been filler DPS while your skills are waiting to come back off cooldown.

If you mix two classes with an auto attack modifier, like new monk and chaplain, you are choosing to do lower damage than if you picked one and got a different class with skills.

1 Like

Was.

not anymore.

You are completely misunderstanding me. I am well aware of the changes.

Someone asked me what it is now - we play ITOS so I answered correctly.