Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

going by that chart we can infer a few things.

linker , thaum and enchanter will become physical using classes since they get no points into SPR and INT , Also no archer class has points in SPR which is worrisome.

The 2 new classes will be assassin like , one of them has the biggest amount of STR on the tree and the other the biggest amount of DEX.

BM and Reiter are Squishy , considering they can now turn invisible its only fair.

1 Like

I just hope accuracy will be balanced properly. I hate missing…I want to be as close to 100% as possible which is why I tend to build STR characters without crit, to minimize RNG as much as possible.

Also if they’re going to force BM and Reiter to be squishy, then they’d better fix the rubber banding that happens constantly while trying to run and shoot…

Chaplin

power 0.7 agility 0.7 health 0.3 int 0.15 mental 0.15

I think it may get a bit more physical. Also it gets dex(agi) so hopefuly it is still AA class.

1 Like

Chap’s identity is an auto-attack class so I’m sure they will retain their buff-and-smack playstyle.

We probably also shouldn’t worry too much about their stat spread going physical. Remember we can always just get gear with lots of int if we want to use Daino.

interesting how Scouts lean more towards having more Dex in its classes while Archers have more STR. Scouts have increased evasion crit rate ( or damage?) and atk speed while archers have increased hit and movement speed.

Seeing the stats swordsman receive it makes sense that sword lost those classes.

Also where is Hackapell? Why hasn’t anyone wondered where it went? Did they delete it?

This is really interesting.

They should’ve created a new base class called “Spellslinger” (since it’s a “new” tree that specs into pistols and spells) and kept Scout as a subclass instead. It looks confusing at first, but there are some good potential builds in that tree considering how the skills work in the current version of the game. Linker, Thaumaturge and Enchanter, although being magic-based, make sense in another tree.

I’ll wait for the patch notes with the reworked skills and attributes before making up my mind about those changes. I can’t say I’m very optimistic with all that stuff though. Despite the fact that class-related patches give a breath of fresh air and some fun for the theorycrafting lovers (at least for some weeks), it doesn’t solve the real issues around ToS.

I’m taking a break (haven’t played ToS since the whole market hack fiasco), but I’ll keep tuned in to see what Re:Build will bring to this game’s future.

It’s in the swordsman tree now

I like making scout a base class as that means the whole tree can be designed around stealth being a thing. As it stood, all PVP archers were forced to pick scout1 to be viable so itll be interesting to see what they get instead.

Thauma and linker is not a wizard class!!!

Well, they moved Quickcast from Wizard to Chrono and Quicken from Chrono to Thaumaturge, so they could create this Spellslinger baseclass and give it Cloaking (yup, cloaking is really fitting for a pistol tree that uses spells and enchantments). I just think that “Scout” sounds weird as a name for that tree. Maybe just renaming it would be a solution, depending on how they’re reworking Scout.

Hello lads, long time no talk.

I for one see immediate intrigue in “Scout” and honestly the sheer potential in a Bokor/Sorc/Necro build. The latter of which sounds TOXIC in all intents of the word. The undead army arises, and Halloween is eternal.

Memes aside, I am looking forward to it. I do wish that the base core of the game had stronger code to support the chaos, but I’m still pretty interested.

I would prefer the base class to be called ‘outlaw’ and have the classes be designed as forbidden skills and spells. i.e. linker/enchanter/thauma were viewed as forbidden by the wizard ethos so outlaw comes around picks em up.

3 Likes

The class name does make sense based on what it does but what it does doesnt make sense as a base class.

It would be interesting if the class just changed to be Thief like and received skills fitting to that considering that’s what appears to be what they are doing giving it Rogue , shinobi and corsair.

That’s debatable and you have a good point. Anyway, any name would suit it better than Scout.
While we’re at it, Swordsman could be renamed to Warrior, Fighter or anything that involves fighting at close range with melee weapons (not only Swords).

1 Like

I think this is implying that archers will end up being more like ‘physical casters’ who focus on pumping STR and spamming skills, while scouts will gravitate more towards being the auto-attack and property damage monsters. With STR-friendly classes in the archer tree like Wugushi, Mergen, Cannoneer, Sapper and Musketeer I can certainly see this working.

I hope they will change it to that and add a new costume
no way a scout should be a baseclass its just too weird, especially if it focuses on pistols/enchantments
Also weird how squire is in there, thats just so random

Yeah I don’t see why Squire had to be moved from Swordsman. Now Swordsman has no shop class of any kind, which is super weird.

I hope we get more synergy attributes like giving a different effect for Squire’s weapon/armor buff if you have Enchanter in your build, but I’d be fooling myself if I’d say I’m really expecting IMC to create clever interactions with this update.

1 Like

Honestly, my biggest wish is for all those shop classes to get some updates. Alchemist, Squire, pardoner…they need a lot of work. Appraiser, Enchanter and Sage get to be powerful and useful, but the others have been terrible at combat for way too long. Oracle too.

2 Likes

speaking of interactions, bye ranger + Rogue , you will be missed.

1 Like