Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v4.0

Episode 11: New Item System and Classes (Part 2)

New Classes

Alongside the new Episode 11 update, new classes will be added. Due to the class reorganization that occurred with [Re:Build], the amount of classes in each series is uneven, so we will be adding two new classes to Archer (Tiger Hunter/Matross) and Scout (Arditi/Sheriff).

Archer
Firstly, we have Archers, who have two classes that can only use one weapon type, muskets and cannons respectively.

Tiger Hunter

tiger1tiger2

Tiger Hunter uses muskets and is particularly strong against Beasts, which each skill has additional effects against. Their skills are as follows.

Through Fire
Quickly fire bullets to penetrate enemies in front of you. If the enemy is a Beast, they will receive more damage.

Through Fire: Enhance
Increases the skill factor of the skill.

Tracking
Gain a buff that allows you to dash while in combat. This dash consumes more stamina than normal.

Tracking: Duration
Increases the buff’s duration.

Tracking: Begin the Hunt
When attacking enemies during Tracking, there is a chance they will be given the [Prey] debuff.

This debuff on the enemy will last for the current duration of your Tracking buff, and will have the following effects on the enemy.

Through Fire: +50% damage
Rapid Shot: +30% critical chance
Blitz: +50% chance to stun

Rapid Shot
Shoot repeatedly at your target. Each shot results in a blast, with an increased critical strike chance if the enemy is a Beast.

Rapid Shot: Enhance

Eyes of the Beast
(Class Lv. 16+)
Inflicts a debuff on enemies nearby. This debuff causes them to take a significant amount of increased damage from the Tiger Hunter for one shot, but if the enemy doesn’t die from that attack, then the enemy will do increased damage to the Tiger Hunter for a duration.

Blitz
(Class Lv. 16+)
Quickly rush to the location of your enemy and fire at them. If the enemy is a Beast, they will be stunned.

Blitz: Enhance

Blitz: Knockback
Enemies hit will be knocked back.

Concealed Firing
(Class Lv. 31+)
Conceal your body, giving yourself a Cloaking buff that prevents you from being seen by enemies. Release multiple attacks at enemies while concealed.

Concealed Firing: Acquisition
Upon defeating an enemy while concealed, you will gain a buff for STR and DEX based on your character level.

Concealed Firing: Duration
Increases the duration of Concealed Firing’s Cloaking while in grass.

17 Likes

If the thing works like now just sit and stand to go out of combat. (but in PvP you can’t do that X_x)

In some future updates: Tracking goes for the base archer class XD

2 Likes

Seems to be a water surface.

2 Likes

Watch IMC hardly introduce any beast type monsters with future updates.

It would’ve been a good idea to give tiger hunters a skills like judgment that turns enemies into beast types for a certain time.

1 Like

That makes no sense.

Well, that wont work if the monster is already attacking you. You gonna have to kill it first :confused:

Matross

matrross1matross2

Matross is a class that uses a cannon, and emphasizes on mobility, buffs, and debuffs. Their skills are as follows.

Fire and Run
Aim the cannon at your feet and fire, damaging nearby enemies and leaping backwards.

Fire and Run: Enhance

Fire and Run: Non-Skid
Reduces the movement distance by half, but increases the damage dealt to enemies.

Explosion
Fire at a targeted enemy. If the enemy is hit, an explosion will occur in a circle around them.

Explosion: Enhance

Explosion: Chain Explosion
Adds a chance for another Explosion to occur on enemies hit by Explosion.

Menace Shot
Carry your cannon on your shoulder and fire towards the sky. Enemies nearby you will panic from the shot, being unable to move for a short time.

Menace Shot: Enhance

Menace Shot: Exploit Weakness
Enemies inflicted with panic take increased damage.

Crouching Strike
(Class Lv. 16+)
Hold your cannon with both hands and slam it into the ground. Enemies will be knocked down in place.

Crouching Strike: Enhance

Crouching Strike: Remove Knockdown
Removes the knockdown.

Crouching Strike: Stun
Provides a chance to stun enemies hit by Crouching Strike.

Roar
(Class Lv. 16+)
Gain a buff that increases your AoE Attack Ratio.

Roar: Critical
Halves the bonus to AoE Attack Ratio, but increases your chance of critical strikes.

Canister Shot
(Class Lv. 31+)
Fire a gravitational bead that draws enemies towards it for a short time. At the end of the duration, the bead explodes, dealing damage to enemies nearby.

Canister Shot: Enhance

Canister Shot: Remove Knockdown
Removes the knockdown.

Canister Shot: Sustained
Increases the duration of the gravity bead.

18 Likes

Gravity cannon :eyes:

1 Like

The “dagger class” is in truth a “bomberman class” … disappointed

grenades and bombs = aoe damage class, dagger scouts already have great aoe dps builds, dagger scouts are deprived of dps in single target (dps in boss), we do not need another class to clear CM, dagger scouts already make solo CM easy enough, I would like more dps in boss with dagger builds

Sheriff looks interesting, he looks more focused on dps in single target (boss), which is what I like more

1 Like

i’m more worry about the fact that you will not be able to throw the jump grenade in the right moment. Like lacrymator animation can be canceled by any little cc (because of little lag i guess) that makes the skill unusable for very fast reaction to an atk.

Dunno if it’s google translate or what but don’t feel the arditi class got rly useful and fun tool to use…there’s so much possibilities of design about grenades…i’m not hyped about the class i was waiting.

Arditi

Arditi is a class that specializes in using daggers for close combat, alongside grenades and molotov cocktails to deal continuous damage to many enemies. Their skills are as follows.

Please note that these skill names are romanized, so there may be some inaccuracies until we get the official names. Feel free to help with the names if you know them better.

Granata
Throw a grenade at a location to deal damage to enemies.

Granata: Enhance

Tre Granate
Throw molotov cocktails at a location to deal continuous damage to enemies.

Tre Granate: Enhance

Tre Granate: Lingering Flame
Enemies continue to burn for a duration even if they leave the fire on the ground.

Ritira Larissi
Drop a grenade at your feet and jump backwards.

Ritira Larissi: Enhance

Recupero
(Class Lv. 16+)
Place an injection into your arm to regain HP and Stamina.

Recupero: Enhance
Increases the amount of HP and Stamina restored.

Invasione
(Class Lv. 16+)
Stab enemies in front of you.

Invasione: Enhance

Taglio
(Class Lv. 31+)
Advance forwards to defeat enemies in front of you. Struck enemies are knocked back and you gain movement speed for a duration.

Taglio: Enhance

Taglio: Remove Knockback
Removes the knockback.

14 Likes

So Arditi has a heal? Lol…

A self heal :sad:

Also, STOP forcing the alchemist to throw stuff!!! that RO related, not lore related.

2 Likes

As much as i like Alchemist to not be alike RO’s the current version is quite bland on every single aspect, it doesn’t really feel like you do alchemy nor chemistry.

@Javier_Mendez

Honestly it would be way more interesting to have poison and chemical classes all in Scout due the class theme, i’d love to play Alchemist-Plague Doctor-Wugushi (specially being able to spread poisons with Pandemic as a single character).

When the base class change event is extended:

8 Likes

I’d love to see a fully single target focused scout class and it’s honestly a bit awkward that with a name like ‘Assassin’ they’re not the ones who fit this niche.

3 Likes

yep, I’m an RPG player “main” classes in this vibe (assassin, rogue, thief), and the 2 characteristics that appeal to me in this type of class is
1 - thematic (I love any kind of character agile and stealthy, mainly Rogues in the medieval style, and dagger is my favorite weapon)
2 - absurd damage in single target, and in tree of savior are sinning with this primordial characteristic of classes of dagger in RPG, absurd damage in single target, bad AoE damage

2 Likes

Sheriff

Sheriff is a class that uses a pistol to focus on dealing damage to a single target. All skills can also be used while riding a companion. Their skills are as follows.

Quick Draw
Fire your pistol very quickly, dealing damage to enemies in front of you.

Quick Draw: Enhance

Panning
Use three pistols to shoot six different targets per pistol.

Panning: Enhance

West Raid
Grants all skills that load a pistol to attack enemies a certain number of hits that will not miss.

Peacemaker
(Class Lv. 16+)
Pull the trigger on an enemy. The enemy who is shot will drop their main weapon and it cannot be equipped for a short time.

Peacemaker: Enhance

Redemption
(Class Lv. 16+)
Evade all enemy attacks for a short time and increase your movement speed.

Redemption: Escape
Double the movement speed bonus, but half the duration.

Aiming Shot
(Class Lv. 31+)
Fire at enemies with a shot that cannot miss. Remove a set number of buffs from enemies hit and deal additional damage per buff removed.

Aiming Shot: Enhance

Aiming Shot: Conversion
The number of buffs removed is fixed to 1, but the damage bonus increases.

13 Likes

that’s what I’m talking about, this is what I’m looking for.
I hope it’s not a disappointment and it really have damage to compete with the bests classes of boss DPS

1 Like

4 Likes

See ktest discord for correct italian terms sweats profusely trying to wrap her head around “ritira larissi” and making sense of it

Thanks for the work as usual~

3 Likes