Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v3.0 LOL

huh, its not even a half ._.

Someone please throw google translate on all quest lines so we can have rank 9 by tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hard to find the drive to help a company that doesnā€™t help its players

8 Likes

Like people really care about translationā€¦

1 Like

they canā€™t even bother to invest the resources for a professional translation, let alone fixing bugs

2 Likes

I tried put Korean sentences into Google Translate, they look OK with Eng translation I think. Just need to rearrange some words in sentences.

?
where did you get this number from?

1 Like

Reference.xlsx

7 Likes

ā€œVaivora wants to destroy are part of the Fantasy[cut]ā€¦ā€ what does that even meanā€¦ :confused:

Crowd sourcing translations are crowd sourced

Itā€™s not like their current translations are good now anyway. I was doing the plague doctor quest and I had to find a pahtogen [sic]ā€¦ Typo or not, that is very unprofessional; I would know, I work as a translator.

2 Likes

This is so unprofessional, not because the bad translation, is the lazy work that they are doing. They are with this post like a monthā€¦oh gosh, why they this enterprise need to be like that D: i have already invest so many time/money in this game, thats so sad

1 Like

I donā€™t work in that field so I may be wrong, but honestly 1255 lines donā€™t look too many to meā€¦ is it just meā€¦?
I mean, if every line took 5 minutes to translate (and thatā€™s a bit of a stretch) it would take about 105 hours of work to translate them all, for a single personā€¦ thatā€™s roughly 13 days of work, if you go at it 8 hours a day.
I really donā€™t understand why they couldnā€™t pay a qualified translator to do this job, canā€™t they even afford to pay someone for a 2-week projectā€¦? :confused:

6 Likes

It would probably take me a week if I knew koreanā€¦

You are absolutely right. It is not that much work. I can see it taking longer if it were technical/scientific language, but that is clearly not the case.

Well it just mean they donā€™t even want to pay one professionel translator for two weeks, for him to translate the game entirely. Better do their G9 convention, and not even release any new infos about what they want to do for ToS.
Frankly, the game was getting a lot of promising things, less waiting between good patch for the early of this year. But since october, once again they show us they canā€™t afford to make iTos good, and prefer staying arround kTos. Is it the dev fault? Maybe not, it may be an overall, could be community manager (if they finally have one) that doesnā€™t do his job well. Could also be the ticket system, etc that doesnā€™t even reach the dev ears.
And real problem may be the community itself, when you see how it is, you need to stop milking. Having all the players to stop giving for the meantime for them to do their job once again.
Sadly people loves gacha too much, so itā€™s impossible. ^^

6 Likes

not to mention dozens of localization/translation agencies, cant believe they dont have the money to spend on it. 1k lines would be done really fast.

1 Like

Is the class rollback system already available on the live server?

Come on now, itā€™s because they donā€™t want to spend money on it. JTOS TWTOS THTOS INATOS all had professional translation, why not ITOS? Itā€™s because IMC simply doesnā€™t give a rats ass about the english market. Their customer ā€œserviceā€ should already made that clear.

I suspect some fanboys are trying to speed up release by using Google translate on github. Canā€™t wait to see what fkedup skill descriptions we will get.

5 Likes

I usually donā€™t comment on these pointless doomposter things. But you are almost right on what you are saying.

Every other server but iToS has a publisher, while IMC selfpublishes on Steam for iToS. Which to this date, seems to be the worse choice they may have taken. A GM job apply states that its a role for the GM to help on the translation projects, which can easily limit their already low available working group.

So yeah on iToS being left behind, and no on ā€œbecause doesnt careā€ which is a stupid argument. Pretty much, bad publishing choices relating to itos.

5 Likes