Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v3.0 LOL

MIA: Hunter, QS, Monk, Div, Sapper, Scout, Rogue, Chaplain…

About the Heal mechanics that they address at the beggining of the patch:

• Basically, they are saying that today you don’t need investiment other than skill level to Heal properly

• There is something about introducing a Healing Power, that will be affected by items in general and will dictates the amount of healing your character can produce

• They will introduce some itens that increase this healing power, like Boss cards, Accessories, Consumable Items

• Healing overall formula will be changed to:
    Heal amount = [Caster’s Healing Power] x [Skill’s Healing Coefficient] +x[Correction Values]

• It is not clear for me if the stat that will interact with this Healing Power is SPR or INT

So cleric now have to choose between being healer or damage dealer?

If SPR gonna interfere in such Healing Power, yes. If INT, then nothing changes

Personally, I like the Idea. It rewards who wanna be healer. Also, you can always get damage from weapons, considering that you have damage skills

Also, remember that FS are for party play… you gonna have your party mates interfering with their support skills, like Lifeline, Thauma buffs… it is too early to judge.

What they did is like a devblog post, nothing is implemented yet, even in test server

Then IMC attaches healing power to CON… JUST F*CKING USE HP RECOVERY ALREADY!!!

IMO, Heal is the best skill designed in the whole game - it works for supports and magical dps with base stats and physical dps by having % value, i like the idea of healing power stat as long as it doesn’t diminish physical clerics.

I wonder if Restoration will be changed to interact with it and if Aukuras will use the stat to scale, also if high healing power builds can invest less on healing skills.

Certainly some classes need reworks more than monks. Archer has been left to wither and die for far too long. Although, I was really hoping monk would get another pass because the first one didn’t help much.

all monk need is some tunning on dmg scalling and turn double punch into a stance like nak muay

3 Likes

Stances aren’t the only option for monks. Low cd (like 1sec low) channels can be used and ignore the ping problem all AA build currently suffer from.

I’m actually fine with monks dmg. Would be nice to attack as fast as ktos, but mostly it just stinks only having 3 skills.

If I understood it correctly it will be both, with SPR being more potent (as always, just because they can’t give SPR some more significant role in the game than buff&SP recovery/max SP boost).

The whole idea of Healing Power reeks. Something is rotten in the lands of TOS.

Also, I don’t really like the way IMC is leading Cleric, with Guardian Saint becoming a HoT-skill and Kabbalist recieving another healing skill.
We don’t need more heals if we fight against stupid sandbags that can be blocked out nearly completely by stacking evasion&block chance as well as magic defence.

What’s the point of nerfing Ein Sof? So people become a little more squishy if they have more CON while catering the metarangers that have no CON?

This is just stupid. We’re just beating dead horses. cutting off its legs doesn’t change the fact it’s still dead.
Bosses won’t benefit from full CONs becoming a little more squishy. But they will suffer if low-no CON will become more bulky in the process of rebalancing.

This is just another rebalance that will cause the game becoming easier for metas while others still have to battle against the high HP&defence of boss monsters;

changes like these go into the wrong direction.
We don’t need more healing power on weeaboo builds that have no CON/HP.

We need some bosses that are not brainless sandbags with high defence to soak up damage from top-tier Classes while low-tier Classes are still excluded from raid participation. Better they wipe the floor with metaranger-no CONers but have acceptable defence/HP values so balanced builds&parties can actually beat them while full damage metas can not.

Can’t see that incoming tbh, it’s still a “casual” game that becomes more casual/easy mode for full damage metas while others get the short end of the stick&can’t participate in endgame content because content is based solely on meta numbers/values.

2 Likes

for sure, but it ahs never been done before and i doubt imc will start now, which is a shame, i think possession should get this same treatment u.u

I dont get your point in ein sof

Currently it gives 300% HP, and it will change to 10% + 3000 x level…

Assuming non CON DPS goes around 20k HP:

Current ein sof in non CON dps gives around 60k plus HP
Nerf ein sof will give 2k + 45k plus HP

For some1 with 50k HP, ein sof would give 5k + 45k plus HP

Diference in 15k HP… the nerf was for the CON builds that could achieve hundreds of thousands of HP…

So all in all is a hit for “no CON” builds :V

Or, you can look at the bright side where they are creating an actual Healer/Full Support, instead of a Cleric-tree character that can eventually heal, regardless of the path you chose for it.

I see this as they removing another syndrom of this game that “every cleric character of this game heals” or “you are a Cleric, you HAVE to act as the FS/Healer of the party”. MAYBE, in the way this healing formula gonna work, it will keep on happening, but with the guys that choose to go full support/heal having better results.

Also the Ein Sof changes, for me, is a way to even more address the Tanker role, removing this easy access of high HP to everybody, and maybe focus it to be used for tanker character (a.k.a. swordsman), who should have higher CON and then benefits more from Ein Sof. This tanker also have ways to keep the aggro more decent now and can Tank with buffs that now allows it (last aggro/def/peltasta patch). Let the sandbag tanker be the sandbag/blocker guy, and let the DPS be squishy as hell, that have to work around to avoid damage, and not just stand and press buttons like no danger around.

And the meta stuff… games will always have certain builds that will perform better than others. I never played a mmorpg that was not like this. I agree that we have dead classes and lack of specific roles, but for the last I see they trying to solve. The dead classes they could improve a little more/faster, but they are doing, and that is really important if you gonna compare to the very beggining of ToS.

But again… these changes are not in test server. Let’s wait and see

3 Likes

https://pastebin.com/7yaetHLv

6 Likes

This patdhes and there most problem tos and reason no play in this game
Yes they up some dead classes, but stop nerf what work fine for no reason/
What the problem every week you wait another nerf your characters or builds, because imc need this.
Anyone see problem in ein or old bosses
Yes they up him, but for what, no changes with drops.
Ein give more hp too mich time and who cares, but no imc do it something for no reason
What i can wait in another week?
Maybe stop rebalance what working is fine
Maybe after half year or 1 year they give us new drop with bosses haha or another

And there it is. I think these currently planned changes to ranger just further cements it as a 1 rank wonder. Now assuming the bow and ranger damage attributes are r2 and/or 3, we still get:

• a 300s duration buff for missile damage increase of at least 5%
  • a 1 pt wonder in critical shot giving a 10-50% crit DAMAGE (not crit chance/rate) debuff over (potentially) 25s (5s refresh at 0sec duration x 5 OH) every35s (25s + 10s cd) but (realistically) about 21s (5s refresh at 1sec duration x 5 OH) every 31s (21s + 10s cd)
  • a 10s 75 crit resist debuff every 25s (if you refresh efficiently)
  • a decent dps

Now given how bad low rank dps is at high rank content and how most high rank archers can’t use ranger skills (due to weapon restrictions), there’s no reason to even go c2 and 3 other than steady aim.

My point is that it helps now meatrangers more than people who build non-meta with base points into CON.
Those people are punished while metarangers with no COn are actually buffed.

E.g. currently, 20k HP Wizard reaches 88k HP with level 17 Ein Sof.
After patch the same 20k HP Wizard reaches 105k HP with level 17 Ein Sof.

This heavily benefits no-CON builds as they now can reach over 100k HP easily.
Meanwhile, CON builds took a heavy hit, by going as far as reducing 30% or more of the current maximum HP boost.
How is this not benefitting the metas and penalizing the non-metas who have put some points into base CON?
I personally dislike the idea of losing HP just so that some meta-Elelock can have some more on his non-CON char.
Bundled with the healing rework, I guess it’s an attack on my defensive capabilities.

It would’ve been easier/more fair to simply say that Guardian cannot be used with Ein Sof. Problem solved without damaging the integrity of the Kabbalist himself.
Or just say that Ein Sof only applies for half of its base value on non-Kabbalists.

Instead, they not only nerfed the value on CON but also the future prospects of the skill as those 3k scale with nothing, while the HP% scale with your level-based HP increase. This means that the gain from leveling up was also halved. The only merit is that you can now have the SP recovery attribute active at all times(which is again, a loss of a strategic choice in the game).

Please let that demi-werewolf form druid be able to double punch with double punch animation.

I’ll take Monk3 Druid3 r10 just for the double punching werewolf over any Monk Zealot build.

Also, Druid is now clearly a reminiscent to Kurama/Yoko Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho with it’s transformation and plant abilities.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_566rrjb3nsg8owc0g8gsg00ok_640

1 Like

Tree of Helmets, suprised no cowboy hats yet for Bulletmarker kek

1 Like