Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v3.0 LOL

It kind of feels like the person who did the translation is still new to the technical jargon and terms used in ToS.

Please pardon me for mistakes. However I am pretty sure about the translation.

Example heavy gravity and linker shock chain:

ģ—¼ģ†ģ„± , or ģ—¼ė „ , which is psychokinesis property.

Fire would be ė¶ˆ ģ†ģ„± or ė¶ˆ.

Perhaps they changed it to fire (for itos) in the end? I donā€™t think so. Psychokino is supposed to use psychokinesis attacks.

Other stuff

Guide to unlock new Kupole emote: http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4185/13155
Guild raid 17 http://www.inven.co.kr/board/tos/4185/13152

2 Likes

I prefer fire property on both, but psy makes more sense, I think they mistranslate or jtos post was wrong and they correct when bring to itos

Thereā€™s a lot on the cleric classā€™ shoulders it seems. :thinking:

They certainly do look like they got the flashy deal with the changes, i am liking the direction of making classes having some more interaction skills, i think a lot of people wanted this kind of design when the game was still newer.

I think thatā€™s true to some degree.

I hope not, i am skeptical about this one.

It may be possible, we had this problem before when the battle log formula renewal was revealed and the KR and EN proposed changes had varying differences due to internal changes of plan that players arenā€™t aware of (Well, outside of cross-examining each regions proposed changes), but a staff member was able to bring clarity to what is the truth. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Probably a translation mistake, when psychokinesis property it had its text as fire property instead, iā€™m not sure about gears but it was the case with damage multiplier notification (+50% fire).

1 Like

Hillgarm is right. This is not the first time IMC mistranslated Psychokinesis to Fire, so the new Kino and Linker skills are definitely Psychokinesis property.

2 Likes

Actually new Chrono wonā€™t even need all points invested on SPR.
So far it seems that ā€œas long casterā€™s SPR is equal (or above, but no benefit) to receiverā€™s Character Level, haste/quicken effect will be fullā€.
If SPR amount is lower than Level, then thereā€™s Level/SPR thing or whatever it is to match a % which finally multiplies with the effect amount.
Basically you can stack a few gears with decent stats INT/CON/SPR or whatever and just spend remaining points on SPR (I think 100-200 base SPR will do it).

P.S. Chrono CON have never had the reason to exist, furthermore even after the damage formula changeā€¦ SPR offers way more (you can even get CON from SPR through enchanter). But even then, also INT works fine if you want to help party crit rate through slow. Now you can even combine Chrono with other classes for INT/SPR buildsā€¦ Frankly Iā€™m looking forward Wiz 3 > Thau > Chrono 2 > Necro 3 (Full SPR)

1 Like

Definitely as both you and Hillgarm said.
When they changed the formula and I played on Sadhu possession I often saw ā€œ+Fire%ā€ text showing on monsters (while I had no Fire Property attack), just because they were Holy/Dark monstersā€¦ So itā€™s definitely Psycho type.

2 Likes

I am a noob concerning Wizards and I need a help concerning swell arm skills, as I donā€™t know how exactly they work.

They say that Swell Lef Arm will not be increasing off-hand damage.

Concerning magic damage (as wizard skills only use the matk stat), will that make any difference? Or there was any magic damage gain from off hand?

This is the nerf
Thauma with Rod(or mace) + Dagger Before patch:
Swell left arm: +magic attack buff
Swell right arm: +magic attack buff
After patch:
Swell right arm: +secondary physical attack buff (useless for yourself)

Unchanged
Thauma with Rod(or mace) + Shield Before patch:
Swell right arm: +physical defence
After patch (no change):
Swell right arm: +physical defence

Thauma with Staff Before patch:
Swell right arm: no bonus
After patch (no change):
Swell right arm: no bonus

Note: swell brain will always apply, regardless of weapon. Cast swell brain before other buffs for +45 INT. And swell left arm buffs +main physical attack too, I did not write it to have less clutter.

2 Likes

To make it easier

Current - Swell Left gives PAtk and Matk. Swell Right gives PAtk and MAtk to offweapon and PDef to Shield.
New - Swell Left will give Primary PAtk and MAtk. Swell Right gives Secondary PAtk to offweapon and PDef to Shield.

Since PAtk adds to both weapons you can stack it with both buffs by having a dagger (outpowering two handed users), same applies to MAtk.

1 Like

I heard that it increases the matk and secondary like prop damage of the weapon (say, if you had a 1000 matk staff with add 100 fire prop damage then those values would be increased) rather doing what is on description (which is a flat value generated by a formula of int and spr).

So what I heard is complete bull*hit then? And the nerf by itself is just halving what you get before?

Thatā€™s Enchant Fire and yes you should be able to do it for now.

they should give AOE ratio to 2hand weapons for swell right
its just too niche at this point after the patch, I probably wont even skill it

Well, the developers blog has been updated and corrected the fire-properties on the Heavy Gravity & Spirit Shock. (They are now psychokinesis as originally mentioned) :slight_smile: I donā€™t really know what else changed since iā€™m a bad reader. Sabath is still around though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Regarding lethargy, the english translation used ā€œtileā€ for the magic damage bonus and the c2 additional magic damage attribute and that implies magic circles maybe?

I remember in your translation and even google translate it should boost all magic attacks though. What do you think about this?

http://tos.nexon.com/ts/notice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=157

They improved even alchemist damage :smile:

soā€¦ basically meteor will hit cap damage of 777,777 x 5? since everything is true multi hit now.
2OH

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to use google translate to check on swordsman changes but it stops at Bunshin info. Canā€™t see more than that