Tree of Savior Forum

KToS General Thread v3.0 LOL

oh boi

Wouldn’t know where to start with my chars.

But I would also fear that it could potentially then advertise my terrible builds too well, which would either cause disappointed players when they realize the build is actually subpar…or if some of my builds actually aren’t terrible, that would be even worse, because it would make my special snowflake builds that no one has but me, become more popular and possibly make me want to reroll them to something even less common :'DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

@Charon im pretty sure its not mean to be just the top dps ones. o3o

1 Like

SR3 says hello.

Amazes me how many so called “archer mains” forget the class exists.

Also amazes me how many people think that frost pillar was balanced. lol.

Oh well, salt flows endlessly when nerfs are given, justified or not.

I personally forgot about SR cause it was a brain dead class like QS. Fell asleep playing both these classes.

3 Likes

I’m not even an Archer main, but why are you quoting a post from 5 days ago and more than 150 posts back in this thread? Are you still hurting from the topic about archer rebalance so you’re tracking my posts now? Just let it go, buddy.

And ehh, SR3 was not mentioned because people use them as AFK Appraiser shops now.
:haha:

Just kidding, but that’s what happened to my SR3 since my guild keeps her busy all the time.

3 Likes

It is a drought-patch for live server, sorry. :sweat_smile:

kTOS - 18/01/2018

I would hope so, but it is very clear that the event-plans out of seasonal stuff tends to be directed differently in the regions.

If the class-build has a cool concept surrounding it, i am sure it is enjoyable! :smiley:

I think i got a bit bored of QS too, for this new content though, i was recently drawn towards the Cannoneer class.

Oh, so even kTOS has this kind of patch notes, huh. Why are they taking so long to put the Wiz and Sword rework on the test server though? I wanna see how the new possible builds will perform.
:tired:

I am not too certain, one could speculate that there may be further changes in the works. A lot of things were proposed to change so i do understand if the commencing patch has been delayed slightly.

Is there any specific classes you are excited to see in post-performance ? :smiley:

I scroll through thread reply when i feel like. Why are you policing my posting rather than responding to my point.

Oh. Ok. :rofl:

After patch i notice my male Cleric has the “shoulders enlarged” visual bug when using Divine might and Heal too, its using rod and dagger. Dont know about the others.

Mainly Pyromancer and Psychokino! I don’t intend to play with them, but I’m curious to see if their rework will turn out to be as good as everyone’s expecting (or hoping?) to be.

It will be really great if the devs can release a preview gameplay video of 2-3 wizards (of varying builds) in a party fighting a challenge mode. There can be a clause in the video stating that it is under development (similar to how game trailers work).

This generates hype and can also possibility get some comments and feedback from the community even before the patch is released to the ktest servers.

1 Like

I really like the look of Pyro’s rework with regard to making fireballs ranged and changing how firewalls work. Giving you charges for walls and making them actually block enemies sounds much more interesting. The flameground change is a little weird and I’ll have to see it to know if I’ll like it.

However it’s still just a fact of the game that no matter how fun and interesting they make a class’s mechanics, all that matters is how fast it can kill things.

I think link/thaum/sorc is going to be a thing. SPR nukes… buffs working on pets. And joint penalty is always OP.

Slightly intrigued on the talents that apply lightning dmg to kino skills. Cry/kino/chanter may become a thing. It’s a very natural combo with the icewall shattering and increased dmg to frozen. Comes with vacuum skills and monster CC and good looking damage on paper especially if that gravity spell hits hard. I’m still wondering how nutty the frost pillar revamp is… If it’s a unbreakable or reapplying freeze that could make the cryo/lightning synergy shine even more. And I imagine you can do a variation that gives you the now somewhat nerfed/buffed runecaster and do more dmg. I’d play that in a heart beat… but I hate placing ice walls.

2 Likes

Of course! Wizard 3, Rune Caster and Shinobi.
Wizard:
Reflect shield (reduction and how much sp drain)
Magic missle (faster launch and more missles!)
Lethargy

Rune Caster:
GIant (castable buffs in giant state)
Rune of protection (attribute change)
Rune of Destruction.

Shinobi:
Kunai (4 overheat and crit attribute)
Mijin no Jutsu (always crits and lower hp loss, possible combo with clones)

GIMME GIMME!!!

1 Like

Official translation on the main site…
… i don’t know if translators really missed the mark this time or IMC translators are ****, but many of the changes are not what we believe…

It even looks like a “cleaned up” google translate.

This must be their worst translation so far. The iTOS staff is absent pretty much all the time and they can’t even properly translate a couple of simple lines? “AoE rate”? “Overhit”? “Sabath”? Those aren’t even the correct terms and names.

I mean… Really???

i don’t know, need to test this but if they really mean Fire type for Kino and Linker new skills means a new sinergy with petrified target for bonus damage

“Casting of Ice Bolt is removed.” Good one.

The cat tax is listed as 200, which must be a typo.

This confirms chronos can’t make quicken and haste more powerful than they are now by stacking lots of spirit. That’s disappointing to chronos hoping for a reason to gear up (and I’ve heard people say being forced into SPR will discourage them from transcending weapons to do damage with rank 8-9 classes like enchanter, too). No choices allowed. The extreme weight requirement needed to spam short duration skills means you can expect ET runs to be ruined when someone runs out of materials halfway through.

Is that an intentional aspect of the casting material system? Screwing parties and runs over when someone runs out of mats?

The haste description says “If you and your party members can maintain a decent amount of SPR” and “high STR PvP-oriented builds” doesn’t apply to wizards, but the quicken math doesn’t include the recipient’s SPR and haste says “Similarly to Quicken.” So does it require the party to have SPR or not?

Also, I’ll just park my corsair in Saalus and give up on it thanks to this trend of nerfing utility and giving out bad damage skills.

2 Likes