Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

People became fickle quite fast, the survivors are the usual blizzard, squarenix, some niches, and even chinese mmo with millions players but never translated xD.

Well ā€¦ I does fix the pointless card situation.
Also I doubt they did exactly for that but mostly to make card more viable.

nor iā€™m arguing against the removal; iā€™m was arguing about how it was not a failed mech but a innovation, since in my opinion dealing with those large bosses a just ā€œreceiveā€ damage was just too old school mechs and needed something more, and they did it.
About perma knockback i also talked about where now with gazing golem the system is a little more perfect because we have tools to deal with it.
tl:dr of my previous msg: the system was a innovation but a flawed one since we did not had enough tools to deal with it, only pain barrier from sword and so on, now we have enough tools for all classes so is at very good path, but i never said anything about removal of it or was arguing in favor or against it.

Its not even an innovation since old games like mabinogi and even elsword (just to name a few) have a knockdown system, the problem with TOS itā€™s that there are some bosses (like GG, ironic) that like to spam KD 24/7 and well, thatā€™s not fun at all, more so if you consider that they even ignore safety wall.

So what we have in the end its a broken solution to a broken mechanic, gg cards are broken af, but at least we can deal with the tree of knockdown game.

2 Likes

i once fought poata (me and one other person) and he only used 1 skill, the knockdown >.<
so every second he would knock both of us back across the arena over and over and it wouldnt stop, it would just be a chain that lasted for like 20 seconds until one of us was knocked back far enough away to where poata coul only hit one of us. and it lasted like that the entire fight, so we could each only get like 2 hits in before the knockdown chain happened again :confounded: i dont know if he was bugged or what, luckily we had heals or i wouldve left, the fight lasted around 15-20 minutes, and then we still had the tree to fight. i wished i couldve just swapped to my druid3 to have pain barrier but i was on my kino so RIP

pyro casting animation is so slow , this so bad when casting skill failed with suprise knockdown

I noticed too late that prison cutter summon doesnā€™t has its aoe where it spins.

not only pyro animation, trust me ;v

FFXIVā€¦ And cringe worthy: EQ original even got a growth spurt from progression serversā€¦ Not that the original ever went anywhere. And last I heard there was a team getting built for diablo 4ā€¦ And you guessed itā€“MMO.

Most of Cleric skills have an extremely long(e.gā€¦ Dievs Carve skills, Sadhus Astral Body Explosion), slow (e.g. Druids Chortasmata or lycanthropy skills, Clerics Heal) or laggy animation (e.g. Divine Might, Praktiri) that make you suffer a lot more than just some Pyromancerā€¦

1 Like

With these recent changes in bosses, in what category do the old ones fit that were not listed in the patch notes?
Regular or Superior? Ex .: Abomination is a field boss, but which of the 2 types?
Does the World boss category still remain?

All boss list below is just normal map/field boss basically lower-tier than regular field boss in official patch noteā€¦

Abomination, Canceril, Durahan, Kubas, Temple shooter. (might be more but I donā€™t remember)
a cube from these boss can re-opened up to 2 time with token else is limit to 1.

some guy open Kubas cube

Does anyone have any clue if the movespeed from Velpede Card stacks when you have several cards? or only the trigger chance?
When attacking has [ā˜… /3]% chance to increase move speed by 4

3 gamesā€¦ wow so many compared to what? the amount of moba games that come out every year? mobile games? shooters? FFXIV ARR is already 5 years old, ESO almost died and is doing ok/great not fantastic. naming few games dont mean the genre isnt dying even korea wich used to spew out like 30 MMOs a year has changed to either mobile mmos or mobile games in general, they are expensive, hard to profit, hard to develop, a niche market and the player base just keeps getting more and more exigent

Id like to see a better answer for knock backs rather than a card that will let you fully ignore them. Swordsmen had pain barrier, but no other class has a way to deal with being knocked down. How about a recovery skill that lets you land on your feet if executed while in the air or stands you up quicker if on the ground. A stance that lets you hold your ground and resists being knocked back for a few seconds or a charge that lets close the gap and get back in the fight after you have been swatted away. There are lots of ways they could deal with the problem, but they have elected to just let us circumvent it.

2 Likes

I have 8 gazing golem cards now, and itā€™s not so good vs bossesā€¦ bosses usually donā€™t hit much and knock you all over before it procs. itā€™s better to jump on my summon for knockdown immunity.

at least one patch note had knockdowns changed to knockbacks, which is a much better solution, especially for moves that are not telegraphed or random. note that wizard reflect shield prevents some knockbacks, like harpeia and poata scream.

and at least there is a monster in game that drops the card, seriouslyā€¦

Is that takahashi minamiā€¦the ex-dancho for akb48?

Shinobi yellow-eyed flower petal spawn spot
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4185&l=12633
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4185&l=12633

1 Like

nice was wondering about this

Lol, 8% vs 30% is a huge difference thatā€™s why you arenā€™t seeing the effect poping out.