Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

V-sync locks your max fps to 60.

https://www.viocube.com/armamentarium/attributes/entity/wardrobe/2015/06/facepalmstatue.jpg

It doesn’t eat ■■■■, V-Sync is supposed to lock your FPS to 60 (or any other value you set it to) to avoid huge jumps in FPS and have a smoother gameplay…

2 Likes

Turned off V-sync gives high fps, what else can it do

I’ll try to explain it to you, again.

I t - l o c k s - y o u r - f p s - t o - m a x - 60

That’s EXACTLY what it is supposed to do, instead of having MAX 300 when there is nothing on screen and MIN 30 when there is stuff going on, it goes to MAX 60 and MIN 30 (in your case), going above 60 FPS doesn’t mean anything.

Someone General Thread" v2.0

1 Like

It would it completely trash at low level actually, and only barely better than before at very high level AND only for people with pure STR/INT build.

35% increases would means:
100 STR/INT - only 35
200 - 70, still lower than before
300 - 105, +18 more points compare to now

87 STR/INT is already 200+ attack, not to mention it being STR/INT means skills that scale from those stats would get stronger from this buff (like Gung Ho, Thaum’s Swell Arms)

It might be better to just follows most buff skills path and have a flat bonus + some stat scaling with exponential decay
Like, say, it gives 87 + ((0.1 + skill level * 0.02) * SPR)^0.9 STR/INT
In that above example, a 400 SPR Cleric and just lv 10 DS would give: ~138 STR/INT

1 Like

whynotboth.jpg

get percentile AND SPR flat scaling.

Don’t really think it will be that trashy at low levels though. +35 str/int (+ 85 patk/matk) is roughly around 20% of an average lv75/120 weapon’s patk/matk.

For skill formula wise it really depends on how IMC wants Divine Stigma to perform, whether should the skill buff base on caster’s stats or should it buff based on the receiver’s stats. The former will be similar to skills like sacrament in which your formula will be a lot better.

The latter is more of % based like Monstrance (40% of receiver’s dex iirc?), in which depending on the receiver, the buff will have varying degrees of effectiveness. In this case, a direct % will suffice.

Again though, that was only for people with full STR/INT build, which while I’ll admit is usually the meta for those classes, for a group buff that’s rather weak (SPR Cleric would get nothing, SPR Wizard get little to nothing, hybrid gets weaker effect)

Compare to the other 2 buffs I mentioned which only scales from the caster’s stats and therefore everyone gains the same amount (whether they can use them is another matter i.e. 2H Swordies don’t get bonus from Right Arm)

As for Monstrance. The buff part is pretty negligible, between short duration (20s) and that Dex is no longer meta.
Besides, when people think of Priest, it’s the Blessing-Sacra that people think of, not Monstrance.

1 Like

Most monks would disagree with that[quote=“rofldat, post:8974, topic:321901”]
Besides, when people think of Priest, it’s the Blessing-Sacra that people think of, not Monstrance.
[/quote]

Rexipher Mirtis Helgasercle

but in some games vsync on just struggles to reach that 60 and instead of being 120 (with dips to 30), you get an overall 20 to 30 fps

vsync on is not always good if you’re not running amazing hardware
some cards just arent good for it and if you dont see screen tearing, why even bother having it on?

Banana hammocks please!

V’Sync doesn’t lock your FPS to max 60.

v-Sync locks your fps to your monitors refresh rate.

For example I use a 144Ghz monitor, so my V=Sync locks my fps at 144

4 Likes

What we need is adaptive v-sync, but it looks like that would be too complicated for some folks in this thread.

1 Like

@staff Can you please enable the Rank Reset NPC on kTest again?
That would be great. Please.

1 Like

Hey guys is this https://pastebin.com/u/sunhwapark not updating anymore?

Funny how Gwenyth and IMC simultaneously stopped making english patch notes for skill changes.

1 Like

Tested on kTOS: Only anti-cc buffs are 1/3 duration on PvP mode.
(Revenged, missile hole etc stil the same)

1 Like