Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread v2.0

it will end when its ready, and your example is stupid since in theory you will never fight 100 monsters on this game at the same time, if you do 100 times that 1 damage you will kill everything at same time, and if you have a single target skill that does 100 to 1 enemy then its the freaking same ■■■■ and there is no point for the comparisson.

hmm?
I am actually curious, because if no end is set, then it could go on for ever.
If you hit 100 enemies, just once, for one, and they’ve got 100 HP then you’re nowhere near of killing them.

Fanta building a full Spr Thaumaturge what do you suggest as build?
if my calculation are correct Swell brain can grant more than 300 INT, swell Left arm more than 800 Magic attack .
So you goes full Spr but … just got a both full spr and full int build. It’s nice but how to complete that build? xD

considering it’s full spr…

Classical Wizard3 - Linker 2 -Thauma 3? LOL it’s seems bad.

Wizard 3 - Thauma 3 - Sorcerer 2 ?
Wizard > Pyro (enchant fire) > Linker 2 Thauma 3 > Enchanter (seems the prettiest support one)

But enchant fire level 5 scales bad… T_T

You could actually drop that linker if you want to. In party play, linker as it is now in KTEST will definetely be used up without helping out much with DPS unless it’s an organized team. I can totally see the very few hits it allows being used by auto attacks and low skill factor multi hits.

For Full Support wizard - buffer - I guess wiz pyro 3 thau 3 enchanter would do it. By the way, arm sklls add physical attack as well, so thauma (as well as pyro’s + fire and enchanter’s + lightning, this even make missile/melee become lightning property instead) can actually increase all types of DPS damage.

You balance AoE and single target skills tweaking flexibility, mechanics, utility, etc, not so much damage. Most single target skills should be able to do more damage than AoE on a single target and AoE should be able to deal more damage on multiple targets, but it’s just not the only factor you considerate.

1 Like

In a game without players? Please no. I vote for reducing ET to 4 players or less.

2 Likes

better solo if we reduce it… sarcasm…

Of course, as I’ve mentioned.

I vote for flexibility. Rework those floors that you can literally only finish with at least 5 players, so that if you have a good enough party you can run with 3 or so players. But also give the option to enter with bigger raid parties.

2 Likes

Well geared Krivis 3 Taoist:

5 Likes

Holy ■■■■, the difference gear makes, it really seems anything can do good with gear now.

Check this monk:

8 Likes

I think the problem here is that people don’t understand applied mathematics.

So getting 15 AoE Attack Ratio from gear makes Multi Shot unbalanced because it gets *15 multiplier even though you can’t hit 15 monsters properly with it in the real world?

Same for all other skills. Will you make skill %factor a variable based on the character gear and the target size? Or even under Circling or Links?

Plus the formula itself is calculated when each instance hits because enemies have different defense values. Thus making it impossible to group all hits into a single % scale factor because it won’t consider the defense differences between the target hits by the skill.

circling makes pretty much anything unbalanced

Well, as long as you can properly balance it all out by thinking about probabilities to actually achieve the maximum potential damage, your idea of applied maths makes sense.

If arguments are just gonna be X skill max potential damage is Y as long as Z monsters are hit for the full T duration - without even mentioning the mathematical expectancy of that actually being realized de facto - they are way too ad hoc to be of any use, don’t you think?

Nonetheless we do have to consider how, in average terms, one skill fare compared to another and that can’t simply be done by comparing (Skill factorsOHHits)/CD against a single boss with high HP. This is definetely not what most PvE in ToS is about right now. Higher end content (think ET, Solmiki, Library, DG 290) is all about clearing packs of mobs, many times with a time limit to it.

I do really enjoy the use of applied maths to make sense of stuff, even if its gaming stuff. But the math’s gotta stay true to how the game is usually played.

1 Like

Just when I was thinking the krivis Taoist wasn’t so bad after all, this same gear monk-inq proves me wrong.

1 Like

Nobody is arguing this, though. The example given was Split Arrow which hits 1 target for X damage and 2 targets for 2X damage, giving a total damage per use of 5X. Then someone had an issue with that and decided to start constructing ridiculous strawmans like “Oh so if you use flare shot to hit Blut + 999 enemies you kill Blut in one spell spell because it does 1000x total damage?” which is just a fundamental misrepresentation of reality compared to the extremely applicable example of Split Arrow, which will in most cases be doing maximum damage.

3 Likes

But other skills like High Anchoring (which were used as example along with Split Arrow) will almost never hit 21 monster even though tooltip is 21 AoE Attack Ratio. That’s where the discussion started, I guess.

And even Cyclone can be considered low AoE if the character have no AoE gear and all enemies you are hitting have 3 AoE Defense Ratio each which would limit you to hit around 3-4 monsters only.

You can’t just scale a skill up or down by considering only the potential AoE damage in a perfect scenario for balancing or comparing. It kind of makes no sense, unless you pick an target count cap or something that represents real usage.

1 Like

Dungeons with more players was discussed previously and we got an IMC response about it.

If I recall correctly the response we got back then was that they had tried it but found it to be not-fun as it was disorganised and complete chaos.

A number of us were obviously disappointed with this response as there are several ways to make mechanics that split a group into 2 parties with cooperative objectives.

1 Like