Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

true,

think about it, you spend a total time of 1 month on a character, just for it to be nerfed to the ground and you have to reroll

thats like deleting 31 days from your life

2 Likes

you simply misunderstood his sarcasm lol.

you are not alone

agreeā€¦ all the time I spend on leveling my character and then those days waiting for that cursed yellow flower ā€¦ are just wasted. ā– ā– ā– ā–  this game and ā– ā– ā– ā–  that developer

Only IMC is capable of making Shinobi/Ninja a tank class thatā€™s the strongest when using spear weapons ā€¦ [facepalm]

lol i didnt even read his whole post. but wht i said was true though

2 Likes

well then welcome to the class reset supporter club ehehe

2 Likes

yeah your aim is different from me
restrain is useless to boss

They already increase the hit box of synchro

Thatā€™s why i said itā€™s funny Ninja with shield
iā€™m still ok with spear but shield ?

Bleed only give +200 damage for double slash
not a % but only a flat damage

Highlander will boost your kunai
Have moulinet for clone
Skull swing for boost all your clone skill

wait till the merger comes, and youā€™ll prolly see a few sword buildsā€¦, sword stats for dps still kinda sux compared to spears though.

lol theyre never gonna add that, i want them to though. many games have stuff like this but imc says that its impossible. the main reason i want it is bcuz imc enjoys nerfing for some reason. if they nerfed the wiz3>ele3>warlock to the ground and made wiz3>pyro3>feather the new META, most of the people who dont support class resets will change their mind and protest. plus the wiz3>ele3>wl is like 80% of the gameā€™s players

2 Likes

This all big update
While They nerf Highlander with skyliner on kTOS
and buff Swordsman with Concentrate
Now here it come the buff for Highlander for shinobi and go to trash you sword c3 shinobi

And thus we start to see the benefits.
They increase skill choice into Shinobi which allows for different takes on what kind of Shinobi you want and what you want to do with it.
Theyā€™ve in a way increased horizontal options for a Shinobi.

High C3, Cor C2, Shinobi
or High C1, Hop C2, Cor C2, Shinobi.
Sword C3, Hop C2, Cor C2 Shinobi.
Pel C2, Rodel C3, Shinobi.
Pel C3, Cor C2, Shinobi.
Sword C3, Rodel C3, Shinobi
So many variables to consider your path, all these flavors and youā€™re going to be salty brah?

People complain about nerfs, theyā€™ll complain about buffs because relatively speaking the effect can be the exact same as far as optimizing goes.
Itā€™s bound to happen, the game is constantly evolving from a balance perspective, especially with additional ranks. Let em complain.

Do you have any plans to develop a class or rank reset potion?

A. Creating a character in TOS involves making choices about stats, skills, attributes, classes, and many other things. It is possible to revert a characterā€™s entire state to what it was like the day before, for example, but rolling back their class or skills while maintaining the level and stats intact is not an easy task. We will, however, consider making it possible to give up class advancement quests to allow picking a different class.

i see no ā€œimpossibleā€ word in there they just said ā€œits not an easy taskā€ so itā€™s still possible ,it would require some proper coding though.

1 Like

this if r8 skills suxā€¦ still thinking of sword2,hop2,cor2, doppel, shinobi though,ā€¦ i want that % scaling of DoVā€¦

yes indeed they create many way to shinobi
but you forget one thing, this game already 3 months launch
itā€™s not a new game anymore. so the question is how about player that already have sword c3 with them ?
and the patch itself is a hidden patch

btw your build list so meh
no offense

Like this one said, itā€™s a nerf for sword c3 shinobi build [quote=ā€œKawasaki, post:8931, topic:125464ā€]
This all big update
While They nerf Highlander with skyliner on kTOS
and buff Swordsman with Concentrate
Now here it come the buff for Highlander for shinobi and go to trash you sword c3 shinobi
[/quote]

Surely. I anticipate that as certain builds come up with R8 possibilities, there will be many other players upset that their current investments are not up to snuff with the incoming stronger builds.

This is why I find the probability of a job reset potion highly unlikely in the relevant future. The game is constantly evolving.

Still, Iā€™d like to see the potential of a Shinobi now. I needed an excuse to make one (a swordsman) as a pet project anyways.

You mean this game is ONLY 3 months launching?

Sword 3 get much better scaling with concentrate, and you complain you cannot use synchro thrusting? Are you sure synchro gonna be better than concentrate? Or moulinet for the same matter?

And you have to see a fact that NO ONE, literally, build a shinobi with high/hop before. So if they want to be high/hop shinobi, they have to start from scratch, and so do you.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t matter if its already 3 months in Itos.
I has been out since December in Korea.
The game is constantly growing, you know all your choices from an ā€œoptimalā€ perspective can be undermined completely by Rank 8 choices.

They didnā€™t nerf Swordsmen C3, they buffed other options.
Now relatively speaking you could sure, look at this as a nerf but its disingenous.
Youā€™re green-eyed for other classes.
Then when are you going to do if Swordman C3 gets another change?
Tell all the players of High/Pel, shinobiā€™s to suck it up?
Look the games constantly changing and improving, you should accept that by now.

5 Likes

sw2-hop2-cor2-shinobi here

like i said iā€™ll take double slash over synchro thrusting anytime
-synchro thrusting requires shield (lowers youā€™re overall dmg instead of dagger with elemental property attack)
-small hitbox (would be enhanced soon)
-requires counterattack for dmg bonus

while taking double slash offers you:
-concentrate (better dmg scaling soon)
-critical attribute
-3 overheats ez to spam
-a lot better hitbox than synchro
-bleeding requirement for dmg bonus
-better overall dmg with daggers (with elemental property attack)

i donā€™t know about you two guys
but for me 3 months is a long time
not to say in korea itā€™s 6 months

yes they are outcome damage from concentrate
list your best shinobi build here
iā€™ll show you the different

why must iā€™ve to start from scratch
and then they change again
whatā€™s the point ?
iā€™m sorry i donā€™t have whole time in the world

You two miss the point i mention

1. why is a hidden update
  2. we need a class reset

why we must reroll again and again just because the game not finish
why we the only one must suffer ?
itā€™s not our fault they change the skill

1 Like

Itā€™s fairly ignorant to claim that youā€™re the only victims of skill rebalancing. Every class gets it. Many people clamor up at the thought, and have shared similar vocations as you have. You can be content that this is a matter of relativity, and your personal ability to clear content has not been reduced for the matter.

The game will get more ranks. Skills will continue to re-balance and better options will appear. This will not be the last time this happens, for certain.

If tomorrow they made a patch that improved other options in tandem with my class, while dismissive, I suppose Iā€™d be happy that thereā€™s more variety in the way the class can be played. There will always be an optimal way for something to be built for different purposes. This is an MMO with a complex class tree, itā€™s inevitable.

But if you have to be upset every time something is buffed to be better than what you did, in a game where the developers want you to ā€œlive with your mistakesā€ Iā€™m afraid youā€™re in for a rude awakening.

While Iā€™m not adverse to the idea of job reset, I have to say those advocating against it have appropriate reasons as well, I suppose. It seems highly unlikely, no matter how much you protest the system.

But hey, maybe youā€™ll get your wish. Doesnā€™t hurt to hope.

10 Likes

shield also have elemental damage
Ledas shield and Otrava shield

what do you mean ?

lol HL give you moulinet thats 5x hit
only 1hit different from Double slash
and better crit chance attribute
Cross guard +60% - 100% to your kunai
and itā€™s double your hit that scale well with current blessing and concentrate