Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

I believe they prepared Daoshi for Monk, not Lama

The tree is not an entity. It has no hp, can not be affected, or absorb attacks. It’s just not physically there.

fireballs have hp?
…

1 Like

I bet they do if you can hit them like ice wall

So bunshin now copy pelasta skill ?

9 Likes

class diversity destroyed. First it was the clerics, then the mages, and now ninjas can copy skills dealt to them I suppose? what are they thinking

It’s just an Shinobi with ranks in Peltasta.
Bunshin’s clones barely last anything anyways, and they also can ue hoplite abilities s oyou tell me which ones you would rater do.

If you think this destoys class divesity then you have a very short sight.

1 Like

well it happened with clerics and wizards, I don’t know shinobi skills thats why I thought it could copy skills dealt to them with a ?? right?? maybe you are the one who has very short sight

People that barely know anything about classes like to say things about class balance, etc.

11 Likes

What happened to Clerics and Wizards is people following ‘‘Meta’’ builds and ignoring everything else in fear of their build not working because they don’t research or ask people who already know if their build is good and just follow whichever is higuer in ToSbase like sheeps.

Elememe is good yes, but there’s still plenty of other builds with people discovering things from time to time.
Chaplain Doctor is good support yes, but if class diversity is dead then how did everyone finally realise how good Dievdirby and Melstis are.

And if you don’t know about the classes then don’t go claiming around that they killed class diversity, the players are the ones responsible of this anyways.

3 Likes

when did I say anything about class balance? and I really don’t know a thing on swordsman so it was just a thought based on the video

yes because meta builds are solid builds that allows us to get into ET with a pub team, not because players don’t want other paths, but because it is the safest path to choose to get inside ET, whatever happen to paladins? then nxt linkers if they push through those cheap JP scrolls, what about daino? things like 1 circle has to offer?

they can use hoplite skills ?
AFAIK they only copy kunai and Swordsman c1-c3 skills
if they copy pelasta skills no big deal coz low damage and 1 hit only
idk about pelasta c2-c3 skill

if they can copy HL skyliner would be nice

Oh that’s a nice shinobi update! My friend actually wanted to make a pelt shinobi for fun too. I dubbed it, the Ninja Turtle build. :smile:

2 Likes

imagine all your clones do DWA + lvl 10 Restrain that would be epic lolololol

Plenty of parties have gone to Earth Tower and gotten respectable results, hell the one known party to finish Floor20clearly had it’s main asset via Melstis abuse with Retreat Shot (Elememe must’ve helped, but the video tells you a lot on how the party actually went around things) aalongisde Support and CC from the rest (notably Dievdirbys).
Melstis had been dised as an useless skill by many before them showing off the absurdity it can pull off.
Dievdirby until very recently thanks to it’s updates and buffs finally stoped being consiered useless as people where able to see how good they are.
Schwarzer Reiter funny or sadly enough is still a class seen to have only one good skill (Retreat Shot), but at least now we know the sheer potential of said '‘One good skill’'
Edit: Oh they had the old KToS version of Steady Aim, that must’ve helped a fair bit, too.

If you want to play Earth Tower you go in with organised groups anyways, Earth Tower is NOT a place you enter with a party of random people and think you are going to do well, ebcause chances are you won’t as ‘‘Meta’’ a your builds may be.

@NasiBubur I remember someone mentioning the clones being able to use Hoplite skills, but it has been a while and I honstly dunno.

nope they can’t copy hoplite skills

Pelasta 3
Rode 2
Shinobi

Rode slithering give debuff vulnerable for strike
high guard 330% damage to umbo & rim blow
with umbo thrust reduce def sound nice

=O Shinobi clones can use stabbing, etc. from hoplite?

Edit: nvm

Tbe ONLY known party to finish floor 20 used the melstis abuse with dievderby and retreat shot.

If there’s only ONE way to finish floor 20, that’s not class diversity. That’s the opposite, in fact.

The point was that none of the main builds where the ‘‘Glorious Meta’’, and instead sinergies found by the players with their own builds.

With the time and if people keep experimenting more and more configurations should appear as time goes on, but if epople just follow the ‘‘meta’’ like sheeps it simply won’t happen.

7 Likes

Earth Tower wasn’t about people disembarking from the usual meta because Earth Tower is a special case instance for those who have initiative in the first place which has always required separate solutions compared to anything else in the game. It’s about people coming up with a specific solution to a specific problem that’s never been solved, and it goes without saying that you can’t copy things that work elsewhere when trying to do that anyways. Only an idiot would think “Oh, elememe is what’s needed to clear floor 20 in Earth Tower!” when NO ONE has ever cleared Floor 20 of Earth Tower in the first place.

When it comes to normal grinding and most normal gameplay in general, however, the kirvis + dievderby combo still sucks. It’s only good for ONE thing in the game and that’s Earth Tower Floor 20, and even that’s pointless in retrospect since it basically means you’re gearing up a specialized Kirvis in lolopanther gear when that class is a garbage choice for anywhere else besides Earth Tower. Congrats! You now have a class equipped with the best gear in the game but the class itself is still terrible for anything else in the game besides what you did to get that untradeable unshareable gear!

The only thing that this whole “Oh, Meistis is actually useful for ET Level 20!” proves is that Meistis is actually useful for ET Level 20. It’s still a lame use of a rank for anything else, meta or not, and the only people who will benefit from “stop being sheep and diverge from the meta” to do this are people who want to do ET level 20, so beyond ET level 20, it’s not going to affect the meta anywhere else whatsoever (at least beyond “Want to do ET level 20? Use the Kirvis Dievderby combo! Otherwise, just stick to the usual meta for everything else”)

Even for ET Level 20, it’s mostly just a bittersweet bragging rights reward since even having that lolopanther weapon (that’s untradeable and unshareable IIRC) isn’t going to change how that Kirvis is still going to be worse than a lot of other cleric builds for anything else in the game besides ET.