Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

Yeah for the purpose of what, being a 1 skill class for Fletcher to shoot off magic arrows as Fletcher has next to no need of anything else given its own low cooldowns.

WOW.
Such Design.
Such balance.
"Why was it nerfed?"
It’s completely healthy in its state.

this is why we say IF YOU NERF STEADY AIM, YOU SHOULD BUFF the other ranger skills, in order to promote VARIETY, instead of leaving a totally broken circle behind.

How retarded are you?

The same for ele-eme or fletcher.

Nerf frost cloud and instead buff the other ele skills.
Nerf magic arrow and instead buff the other fletcher skills.

Steady Aim being nerfed doesn’t mean the other ranger skills (apart from High Anchoring and arguably time bomb) are underpar.

Barrage is completely in line with other Rank 2 skills.
Spiral Arrow similarly lines up with other Rank 4 attacks.

The only thing you can’t invest in at the moment are High Anchoring and TIme Bomb arrow because High anchoring has never done anything of value, and Time Bomb arrow is at best just for the KD.
Where as everything else has its value.

Given the limited amount of Skill points you can invest in this is just horizontal progression by allowing two other skills in the ranger tree to be worth consideration for skill point investment.

I dont even have it and it’s ok :slight_smile:

the problem is late game. No one cares if barrage is superb in comparsion to other terrible skills.

Ranger provides little scaling into the lategame and gets overshadowed by archer or qs, its a terrible pick if you ever care about ET.

Oh jesus.
Swiftsteps evasion is mostly irrelevant.
Of the Critical Rate attribute, it’s highest potential is an 12.25% damage average damage increase. Which does not play out in practice as players do not have high enough Crit Rate (nor do enemies have the crit resistance) to make this a reality.

Instead Swiftstep serves as a 0-10% Average damage increase.
20% Steady Aim is an 8% average damage increase with the caveat that being 20% for 10s, you can frontload some extra damage from the start.
Which successfully provides its niche.
Yes you can backtrack builds to incorporate Swiftstep crit rate and Steady aim 5 into a build, this says nothing against Steady Aim on its own, which is a fine skill although you seem obsessed with whining about it.

Of the skills that remain. Barrage, BS, CS and Spiral Arrow all can be worked into builds, where as again HA, and Time Bomb (over level 1) struggle to do so.

That is not the mark of a struggling class.

It literally affords you 8% average damage, 20% burst damage into the late-game, which is more than fair.
Running shot is a sizeable buff but gets limited to AA’s and cannot be set alongside AOE attacks, without a Linker, QS is not exactly some damage behemoth. I will give you the benefit of stating a Defense class dealing QS damage is odd.

omg, first swift step allows you to save tons of attribute points investing into DEX, meaning you can pump more into STR, meaning you gain more damage.
You can easily reach 60% crit with swift step and about 100 dex alone, prodiving you have the gear. Not to mention it also provides MS, evasion and has an uptime of 100%.

2nd archer skills scale better into lategame, since multishot is awesome range and awesome multi hit and it works with circling making it a good late game AOE.

Twin arrows is great for filling any downtimes in any damage rotation you might have.

Heavy shot is pretty much required for every archer to pvp

All ranger skills are beyond terrible in a late game ET. They dont have enough damage to be relevant and do not scale with the right classes.
Have you even ever step foot into earth tower? You really believe ranger skills are fine?:smiley:

2 Likes

HOLLLLEEE ■■■■.

You literally want to Decry Barrage in the same post you talk about Multishot?

We already know what 60% Crit rate is at 280.
Its 400 Crit rate above enemy Crit resist.
General mobs have 30-100 crit resist.
You’re already positing a 9% Crit chance gain from Swift step.
Which is 4.5% average damage, but then I literally already told you, you’re going to get 0-10% average damage from Swift step because it depends on just how high your crit rate investment is.
This is significantly fluctuating value compared to a consistent 20/8% buff under all circumstances.

Meanwhile you want to talk about little scaling.
The stats you save in Dex end up simultaneously meaning less Crit rate gains from Swift-step which marginalize its own individual contribution as a buff.
You’re underestimating Steady aim, and for what, it does you no benefit to marginalize it.

No rank 8 related stuff datamined this patch? :frowning:

40% STR scaling and 20% Dex scaling for swordsman C2 (assuming they have concentrate level 10)…that’s terrific.

1. When can we expect to hear about Rank 8 classes?

We are currently developing Rank 8 classes. The information about those classes are soon to be revealed. We hope to show you what we have prepared and polished very soon.

very soon

10/6/2016

SOON™

2 Likes

Its like Guild Wars 2 all over again -_-.

Yeah, but korean are datamining lots of stuff lately, looking forward for skill info and such.

They will put it in the client when they’re ready. :slight_smile:

how’s the ktos players response so far?

4 Likes

Wait, are you saying that pistol shot does AoE damage? Is there any chance you can make a video showing the skill now that it got buffed?

4 Likes

These are taken from inven/nexons sites and not words of my own.

• “First”
  • " What idiot spent his time doing CTRL C + V from the steam server to ours"
  • " My heart is OK with this update. "
  • "Oh yeahh !! "
  • “This place is crazy, 2 Weeks per update? TOS will see its end.”
  • “War has broken out!”
  • " SL(skyliner) was stronger than rank 7 skills. "
  • “I’m going to flutter away to heaven.”
  • “WTF do i do now??? i am a featherfoot, blood suck is trash.”
  • “Downpour ~~~”
  • " i’m Sword-High3-Pelt-Fencer… bye… it was fun."
  • "2nd comment? "
  • " Wow. Insane. Is swordsman being thrown away? "

There are some people discussing & asking questions, otherwise.

16 Likes

rofl.
dog, a C1, lv5 multishot does more damage than a spiral shot.
bounce shot is poop, time bomb is poop, critical shot is poop

still laughing at the random comparison of barrage to possession.
don’t u know, barrage does half the damage of possession at 1/3 the cost. POSSESSION.

kTOS got free skill resets after the patch. Maybe we’ll get them too.

1 Like

A skill reset pot after a big balance patch, same old same old.
So yeah, expect a warm potion in your inbox from here to a week or two.

KToS reactions are very average and pretty much exactly waht a rational person would expect. Some like it, some don’t and an even smaller ammount understands the why.