Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

they said they want to merge all versions, have you not read their comment? The nerfed this ■■■■, because they said it turned out much stronger than they wanted it to be and they are right for some things.

The problem is simply they nerf ■■■■ like steady aim, without giving any ranger picks an alternative, like ranger is total ■■■■ in lategame without this steady aim. They have to give some LOVE for the circle, when they nerf the key abilities of it…but they dont, which is a huge mistake.

1 Like

Ranger has

Feint + Barrage hidden interaction
10-20% Missile damage for 10s, which is not minor. It’s for your burst.
Full Draw + Spiral Arrow’s hidden interaction.

Let’s not be overdramatic, particularly given we’ve had this ranger for months.

and how many ranger builds do you see? ranger 3 flechter 3 because it is super easy mode and thats it:D

What the flying fuk do I care what I see other people do.

Don’t ever bring that nonsense to me again.

Ranger has a damn good tool-kit with the shortcoming that High Anchoring has little value as of current and Time Bomb Arrow is a 1 point wonder at best. Steady Aim used to be as a solely small amount of flat damage that frankly lacked purpose and it became a great tool for unloading a volley of hits, it still is. The Class has three potential Crowd Control skills, one of which does considerable damage in tandem with Rogues Feint while having a respectable damage steroid

Just because it isn’t overbearing doesn’t mean it’s a problem.
Ranger is in a very good place even in Itos, and while there are skills that could be improved so that they are also competition for a players skill points, a person isn’t going to be a detriment for having Ranger C3.

There are actual bad skills in this game and 10-20% steady aim isn’t even close to being one of them.

2 Likes

:TEARS OF JOY:

They continue to buff my Sw2-Hop2-Cor3 build.
I’m not even sorry about not taking pelt anymore. I have level 9 concentration and 5 in restrain :3 I think I’m gonna pew-pew a few manticens now and again.

4 Likes

O.o for what reason did u take cor3? pistol or hexen10?
aaaand how’s pistol btw?

Good things come to those who wait.

Bad things come to those who wait even longer.

1 Like

I agree about the low damage. Redel is OK, at lvl 3 it has more damage than my Moulinet lvl 10, but Zornhau needs to be at least lvl 5 (spending more SP) to have same damage and Zucken has a huge spend of SP per lvl. The Shock + Zucken combo is to weak.
As a Doppel C2, It’s worth only invest 1 point in Zornhau and Zucken.

same because i knew that sword would be buffed someday… tbh im still hoping for gungho to be reworked too…

im shinobi btw

sw3-barb-cor2-shinobi - sleeping
sw2-hop2-cor2-shinobi - grinding atm. - my friend playing not me :imp:

Both. But mostly Hook lvl 15.

Doubled Hexen 10 is, I guess, hardest-hitting thing swordsmen have. Too bad it makes you forfeit shield.

Pistol Shot was never bad just because it does 5 hits of nice damage in a wide area (wide area being smth swordsmen generally dont have). But now they’ve buffed it’s damage AND given it an overcharge, that’s just awesome. And I also got buffed in Hexen hitbox, Stabbing hitbox, Concentration, Restrain, etc… all sorst of buffs. I feel great :smiley:

I was kinda sleeping too, havent played properly for a long time, tho yesterday I lold hard when they told me my corsair is still top 3 doge kills on Fedi.

steady aim was kind of the mascot flag of ranger.
the point is that if your gonna knock something that was one of the representative moves by almost half, you should compensate it a bit on the other skills which do fall in effectiveness.

doesn’t really do the argument good where its “oh this move (barrage) just about hits the level of acceptable, but only if you absolutely use it with this class”

and embarrassing bringing up ranger CC as if it actually counts worth a fart.
yes, use spam your knockback barrage in dungeons and grind groups, everyone will love you for it.

spiral arrow + full draw is cute and something you throw out now and then on some maps, but that’s it. cute. In grind groups, you get the group an extra .10exp every 40secs or something on a lone pair while running from clear point to clear point. Solo, later maps, are just outright immume to full draw. Otherwise, alone, even crit, spiral arrow only does barely does 12k.

Bounce shot using up both overheats, you barely scrap 8-9k total on targets it will hit.

Helping your burst doesn’t do much when you don’t actually have any, steady aim having the boost it did helped its ranger moves actually hit more than a mosquito

1 Like

biggest problem is how bad DWA is with a pistol <_<. If they speed up the animation its going to be amazing c3.

1 Like

You have a 20% Buff going into R 5,6,7 and soon to be 8 and you don’t have any burst?
Are you off your rocker?
Steady aim wasn’t representative of crap.
In ICBT2 the thing gave about 150 damage.
Your Meat and potatoes was Barrage, particularly given Rangers description as an aoe path.
In what January or February Steady aim got its buff. It was supposed to drop CD’s, Come our version it was reduced, now that that merge occurred they’ve followed through on their change.

5 hits x3 overheat is fine even without Rogue, it is just blatantly better with it.

i am sorry barrage 3x is utter ■■■■ in late game maps and so is the whole ranger path now for ktos also:D
if they want to make it relevant they should add some % mod to it.

3x Barrage is basically a half possession with a third of the commitment.
U wot.

Oh… sweet mother of… that swordsman buffs is really good.
Now IMC give us stat and skill reset potions for free just like you did to Ktos :sparkles:

3 Likes

ktos got its 45% or whatever reduced to 20%.
You’re the only one talking about stuff in closed beta, you even bringing stuff from that period shows you’re not thinking of the state of things in the actual play. Are you capped at lv180 or lv200 or whatever it was as well?

Going to ranger3 for the boost was the sole and only reason.
Now, sure, get R1 for 10%, its not worth to drop two circles just for 10% more on steady aim since all the moves in c2 and c3 are garbo.

What are you even talking about with 3x barrage and posession?
Comparing the knockback to a 10sec bind? and a knockback that only has 30% of actually happening? Does that count as reliable CC to you?

lol @ calling me a wot, when you post some dumb wiki page to the other, and you response here is just 'meh, whatever man"

You’re positioning that a 10/15s Buff defines the ranger over its staple skill and hidden interactions. Even worse yet going into a soapbox when the skill performs its function.

Whose comparing knockback, its damage.
15 hits to 30 hits. What part of "Half poss-"
oh why do I bother you have your head up your ass.

indeed, the buff did define ranger, no one cares for THE SUPERB barrage interaction with feint, since rogue itself is a terrible bad PVE class.

Steady aim 10 seconds is not even enough time to get a full rotation of skills off, let alone switching your weapon for lets say musket. Its utterly terrible. All these “hidden” interactions are gimmicky and do not work in the ET lategame.

You have simply no idea what you are talking about.