Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

Ah, i’ll have a look. Sorry - i went to sleep after i wrote the other post and i guess i slept through the start of that maintenance haha. Sorry guys, i’ll squash the new stuff on this post.

What level is your swift step? mine is 10 and but i didn’t spot a timer change

OBT Notice 2012 - 12 -28

Emergency Changes:

• Being able to obtain experience whilst dead has been corrected.
  • If a monster is hunted in the party has a difference of 10 levels, an experience penalty is now applied. The further the gap between the player level and monster level, the larger the experience penalty.

OBT Notice 2012 - 12 - 29

A maintenance has been scheduled today during the following hours:

The official announcement can be found here.

1 Like

Looks like this line was added:

(추가)세이르 숲 3시 지역에 “시카리오스” 신규 지역이 추가되었습니다.

which, to my best translations is:

(Added) Sicarius region is now accessible via 3 oclock direction from Seiru Rainforest.

It also looks like the ‘Enemy Missile attacks physical attacks have been reduced by’ bit is missing now?

1 Like

This one:

So this will become invalid after the new “fix”?

Sorry, that’s my mistake, thank you for catching it. it’s the last bulletpoint now ( the missile debuff on enemies) , but it seems i began writing and had forgotten after glancing away from the screen and began another line, revisiting it later. The downside of doing this in the early hours of the morning. + added what you’ve written thanks !

I’m not sure, i didn’t really understand how it worked before. From what browsing the forums in the past told me, there was a problem where players partying with a Lv 20 range gap weren’t gaining experience at all, I assume it works now by splitting up all the EXP and then applying the personal experience penalty for each individual.

I’m a QS>Sapper and I love it :smiley:

2 Likes

I think this is (supposedly) what happened to exp, correct me if I’m wrong:

Before

1. Exp is only shared if members are within 20 levels of each other.
  2. Low level monsters start giving lesser exp 5 levels and below.
  3. Higher level monsters give the same.

After

1. No limit on exp share range.
  2. Low level monsters start giving lesser exp 5 levels and below.
  3. Higher level monsters, 11 and above, start giving less exp up till a cap of 20%.

So essentially, you can party with whomever now, but you cannot powerlevel them effectively due to the exp penalty from higher level monsters.

2 Likes

I am not sure if there is lesser exp 5 levels and below.
What I know is, 5 levels and below, each level adds 5% defense on hit to the monster. That means it is harder to kill the monster if you are higher level.

I think this can be hash for some. Some people cannot level and went to lower level for this reason, and wish they can adjust the 5 level gap to wider to 10 levels? 10 levels out of 300 isn’t a lot.

Actually bad choice.

THESE grinding spots need to be left swiftly… so others can grind there.

If you could stay even longer there… imagine people fighting over them.

Actually 25 levels to zero exp… up to 15 levels difference it’s all good even. As you can kill them faster, half is still good.

SO…maintenance?

Yes, started about 15min ago!

Thank you very much Gwenyth!

Hmm, I see. I guess we’ll see what happens now. ~

The best part of this is dungeon farming. It was kind of hard to get a group of level 90-100’s and allowing anyone outside of that wrecked xp gain.

To a lesser extent, this will allow power leveling to a degree (imagine a level 160 character in the indun lvl 50) but the daily limits make this not a big concern.

HOOHOO This is so good?!?! I’m hootin n hollerin at swift step being a party buff and the defense decrease stacks - Thanks for always keeping us up to date with the patch notes!

1 Like

My swift step is lvl 10 and i’m pretty sure the duration is still 45 seconds

Stake Stockades are now overpowered again =D

1 Like

Dont say it like that or other ppl, out of envy, will ask for it to be nerfed… D:

Oh, true. It’s not that overpowered tho u.u But now we can deal normal damage u.u

1 Like

I don’t get this. So Swift Step benefits only archers, while lowering defence for those who aren’t archers? Unless of course the attribute applies to party members too, which is probably the case.