Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

At least with more CON, you can prevent a critical hit from snipe. 24k damage is the damage after critical calculation. The original damage is around 18k. And Im pretty sure that amount of damage already includes the bonus damage from attribute.

What you are complaining now is similar when Swordsman users have no way to beat Wizard in a fight because of CC. Now finally Archer and Wizard know how it feels to be powerless completely when they meet their worst matchup.

But okay, if you insist that skill is too OP then IMC can always reduce the damage scaling by a little or simply make some changes to basic game mechanics so CON may provide physical defense.

And you should probably realized by now that PvP in this game is like a game of rock paper scissors. Swordsman can easily beat Archer, Archer can easily beat Wizard, Wizard can easily beat Swordsman (at least in most cases). Cleric can either easily beat other classes or get destroyed by other classes.

4 Likes

Full CON Wizard at lv200 has ~25K HP. Soā€¦ yeah. Iā€™d call it a one shot considering youā€™d be 1 auto attack away from dying.

1 Like

thank you but i need a korean who lives actually in korea :wink:

I can write the whole vol.1 Q&A when i get home,
hopefully some better answers are situated there. Iā€™ll write for you, questions it contains these classes specified;

Archer
Wizard
Quarrel
Cryomancer
Peltasta
Hoplite
Priest
Dibdi
Bokor
Wugushi
Thaumaturge
Elementalist

8 Likes

Cannot disagree more. TOS is a combination game between 14 options of skill lists per branch. One-shooting would make this game a rock paper scissor game, otherwise, there is no such thing.

As of now, there is no such stereotype of one branch of class besting another (at least in most cases, excluding this Muskeeter issue). Every (branch of) class has the chance to counter any other branch if they have a balanced formula in their skill build.

1 Like

No love for Sorcerer and Necro GG

1 Like

That video showed us that Musketeer can be deadly against most squishy classes.

What if I told you that Swordsman and Wizard can also 1 shot ppl?

But of course. You have a point. Shinobi can 1 shot ppl with Mijin no Jutsu but they must sacrifice a lot of HP for that. Ele and Runcaster can also 1 shot ppl but they need to cast their meteor and thurisaz long enough.

that 25k is a crit damage. Full con makes it so that you wonā€™t get critical hit (much) since CON adds Critical Resistance. Soā€¦yea. Full CON on a wizard can work.

1 Like

They had some question in vol.2 :slight_smile:

hmm there is a question of scaling, as that was only a level 5 Snipe. Still my point was simply that the player community should look for their own solutions before asking IMC to change a game mechanic.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œIcarus, post:3836, topic:125464, full:trueā€]
i need a help from a korea player is anbody here?[/quote]

[quote=ā€œadi92cool, post:3837, topic:125464, full:trueā€]
Im not a korean but i have been living in korea for 5 years and i know korean. Do you mind if i help you?[/quote]

[quote=ā€œIcarus, post:3844, topic:125464ā€]
thank you but i need a korean who lives actually in korea :wink:[/quote]

24 Likes

Thatā€™s why I said in most cases, excluding this Musketeer issue. Haha

Then, it will be better if those are changed as well. Iā€¦donā€™tā€¦likeā€¦playing 1-shot game in an RPG hahah

But, anyway, in the case of Meteor, I have not seen it that bad (yet) because whilst the big ball is being cast, your Ele could actually have cast other skills. That way, Meteor is like accumulating those instances of attacks in a singular blow. And when it misses, hello cooldown, bye-bye retrying. Itā€™s ā€œone shotā€ skill with enough sacrifice, hence not quiet a 1-shot game.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Fletchersā€¦

How op is it when you deal massive dps against cloth armor types with barbed arrow, while spamming itā€¦

Fletchers got shield removal, silence, bleeding and massive dps spams.
Divine arrow is even goo to mark someoen for 10 seconds, kill him nearly at the last 2 seconds if he heals too muchā€¦ then it kicks in ā€¦ even gives schock ā€¦

It is and will be rock scissors nuke.

Archer>Wizz>Swordy>Archer
And cleric is based on his build either as Wizz or Swordy.

1 Like

This just in, wizards are now qqā€™ing about getting roflstomped in pvp. Which theyā€™ve been doing to others. Enjoy ur fall from grace you magical skirt wearing pansies.

4 Likes

In arena, an ele can charge their meteor a few secs after the battle begins. When the opponent is not prepared, a single meteor can wipe out more than 1 ppl.

Mijin no Jutsu is basically a kamikaze move. You can kill yourself if you are not careful.

And even though you donā€™t want the game itself to be 1 shot game, the CC from certain classes can perma-lockdown you to death. And at late game, Barb-Doppel with powerful gear can also 1 shot squishy classes.

As a Swordsman, I will survive against those attacks, but I wonā€™t survive against perma lockdown. Every class has their own weakness, and Wizard - Archer happen to be the classes that are weak against very high instant burst damage skills. And I think itā€™s normal.

@dog_593 lol

1 Like

This post summarize 90% of the topicā€¦
" I dont like that and because i dont like that they need to change".

My humble opinion is: the only problem about musketeer is the cooldown. It should be bigger.

http://s12.postimg.org/vkvgj7crh/ragei.png

5 Likes

Just had a dejavu from the Linker nerf discussion. Oh boy. Thereā€™s always going to be ppl saying its not OP when it clearly is, same goes to the Cryomancer situationā€¦ Well, I can already taste the Snipe nerf comingā€¦

3 Likes

I found another video about musketeer,ā€¦ numbers, coldowns and cast-speed are crazy :fearful:ā€¦ also, if u read the musketeerā€™s skills descriptions almost all of them increase damage by % plus a insane bonus damage,ā€¦ I hope theyā€™ll fix it for the game sake,ā€¦if not pvp will be like duels of the wild west between musketeers , surviving only the first who aim a shot :disappointed_relieved:

Link

2 Likes