Tree of Savior Forum

kTOS General Thread (keep all in-game discussion here)

Please, don’t compare rank 3 and rank 6 classes.

If you compare linker3 vs falconer2, linker3 is obviously way better.

And yes, falconer is pure support class, it’s only power is Circling - there is 0 reason to get it besides circling.

While Linker also has Spiritual Link which is another OP skill if used right.

I agree that Linker nerf was a bit too much, it should be 2 seconds +0.2 per level instead. Right now linker 1 is really bad (I have one, and it was very hard to level). However linker2 and 3 is still very good.

1 Like

ok to put the nail in the coffin about this issue and not derail it even more. Falconner here since icbt2 and playing falconner now.

Circling is a combination of 2 skills as all falconner skills. Calling + skill. You cant use skills before calling the falcon ( which is 9s cooldown or roost cooldown). So there is that. Also Circling is a flat debuff, it might fall off and make 1 circle of it useless while linkers will never fall off.

Have you ever actually seen Circling in action? Do you even know what it does? Are you aware that it turns skills like multi-shot into a massively damaging AoE skill? It doesn’t have a target limit. Literally everything inside of circling now takes more AoE damage. People take Falconer for just for Circling. That’s how over-centralizing it is.

Archer and Linker can’t even be compared as they are two very different classes with very different roles. Linker is a full support class. It should outshine archer when it comes to linking. Archer and Falconer or Archer and anything red can’t really rely on this argument because it is a progression. You will get better DPS skills. That has to happen. Your example makes no sense. Obviously rank 5 reds will beat rank 1 reds. Just like a rank 5 support will generally offer something better or specialized when compared to a rank 1 support.

For arguments sake, I will compare Linker C3 to Falconer one.

Linker C3

• Joint Penalty can link a maximum of 11 targets without Divine Might for 115 SP

• Joint Penalty increases lightning, earth and poison damage by 50%

• AoE damage is not spread, single target is.

• Targets are fixed. Cannot be adjusted after cast and the link can break if certain moves are used.

Falconer

• Circling has unlimited targets for 55 SP

• AoE attacks have upwards to 5 more targets, multiplying the damage by 5 per AoE.

• Targets are dynamic and can be pulled into circling after the fact.

You don’t see a problem here? Look at how amazing Circling is. If you’re doing any kind of mobbing, it is significantly better.

EDIT: But yes, this is not the topic for this discussion. I will leave it at that.

2 Likes

Nobody says that Circling is bad, it’s just great for rank 6 skill and doesn’t need nerfs IMO. I’d rather say that alternative rank 6 classes need buffs just as Falconer C2 and other rank 7 classes to compete with Cannoneer/Musketeer. I have a feeling that only one viable class to replace them is Fletcher3.

People take linker 1 just for Joint Penalty. Just as they also take Wizard 3 just for Quick Cast.
The example made perfect sense.
Archer 1 can Link 2 targets to get simultaneously and do it twice because of Overheat.
Later ranks surpass previous ones, Falconer allows a lot more targets to be hit.5 Ranks for Archer to get a better option then Full Draw.
Simultaneously as a Support that is based on the same concept of Full Draw and at a higher Rank, Linker c1 is far better at linking targets then Archer c1 is.

Hey guys, Inven have posted the new cleric & archer costumes on their site.
But first, we’ll initiate with the hair dye.

Ash Grey Hair Dye ( 49TP)

Pastel Green Hair Dye (49TP)

Costumes -

Pilgrim Costume (M) - Archer Classes , 498,000 Silver

Pilgrim Costume (F) Archer Classes 498,000 Silver

Fedimian Item Merchant Costume (M) Cleric Classes, 498,000 Silver

Fedimian Accessory Merchant (F) - cleric Classes, 498,000 Silver

5 Likes

mmm :3 that sexy male cleric costum :3

I want it :blush:

I read that silver-bought costumes expire after a week? What’s up with that?

That’s correct. I don’t know why that was a choice though. :confused:

1 Like

Are people really going to blow almost 500k a week to look good? I’d probably buy 'em myself if they were just a permanent costume.

99% of the wealth is not in my hands because I can’t justify that kind of silver.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Circling ONLY deceases targets’ AoE Defense Ratio; it does NOT enlarge the range of AoE skill. Although, with Circling your AoE skills can hit limitless targets, it happens ONLY when all the monsters, which has been inflicted by Circling, are inside of the range of your AoE skill. That’s why Circling shines brightest when you have a Peltasta or Cryomancer C3 to gather monsters up, enabling you to hit all the monsters within the small range. Again, Circling does not enlarge AoE skill’s range. The range of AoE skills like Multi Shot and Covering Fire stays the same with Circling – a tiny circle.

And why would the damage be multiplied by 5? Circling does NOT share damages like Joint Penalty does. So literally every single target receives the same damage, regardless of Circling. Do you really know that “AoE Attack Ratio” and “AoE Defense Ratio” mean?

[quote=“Rubiss, post:6768, topic:125464, full:true”]
Have you ever actually seen Circling in action? Do you even know what it does? [/quote]
These two questions you should ask yourself.

This is going to be my last comment on this. I firstly, I said upwards to five, meaning at most five at rank 1. If your attack usually hits three targets let’s say and there are eight small enemies within circling, you are hitting eight targets as small enemies have an AoE defense of 1. That means the damage on your AoE has been multiplied by five. AoE does 200 per target, usually hits three making it a total of 600, but now hits eight making it a total of 1600. The AoE’s damage has been multiple by five. Now I know that this is a bit deceptive as the attack is always going to hit three targets in the best case situation, so perhaps saying it is multiplied by five is deceptive and incorrect and I agree. What I was trying to say is that the attack’s damage, as listed on the skill, has now occurred five more times. I apologize for my previous wording.

I’m not going to explain how AoE attack and defense works so I’ll link you to this which I suggest you read.

What I was trying to say is, your AoEs now hit an upwards of five more enemies than it usually does. I never meant to say it increases the range of the AoE, just that it now has more targets.

Were you still able to reincarnate bosses? Figured you guys would know for sure.

U mean only on KTOS?

Cause on iTOS i’ve seen it work on both Dulahan and Mission Boss.

any1 have the new patchnote?

The full patch notes this week are still not out, but here are some highlights:

1. New TP costumes added (one for ALL classes, another for Highlander C3, the other for Wizard C3)
  2. The duration of companion a Guild can keep is increased
  3. Companions now can not be inflicted by Stun, Bleeding, and Death Sentence
  4. Added more kinds of plant seeds and potion recipes one can get from Guild Events
  5. Sub-quests within level 100 now give SP potions as rewards
  6. Skill balancing
  7. Various bugs fixed
5 Likes

Can’t wait for the detailed patch notes :slight_smile:

If they fix at least one of thousands Hunter’s bugs i’ll be really happy.