Tree of Savior Forum

KToS 28/7/16 Swordsman Buffs

My thinking is more like this along the line

4-5k every 30s out of 30k would be 13-17% HP per use.

compare to:

Lower cd, similar healing per use.

So what’s the problem again?

if we finally get Axe users, incoming Escanors. lmao. (now if only IMC would release beards, moustache as headgear 3, hmmm)

this way u could use both, pots and the skill to heal more, but the point is, swordsman need to BE IN THE FIGHT LONGER, god, i’m just saying some possibilities, dont need to be a heal skill, could be a defense one, or magic defense one or a potato, is it so hard to understand?

Whoa. Guardian has % value now? that’s cool. now we can have actual tanks.

Yes it’s hard to understand because you seem to demand Swordsman take the high DPS route (heavy Str) and still be able to tank hits (even though you already have nearly 10k more base HP than other classes and higher defense by default)

Hey, how about considering gasp sacrificing some damage to pick up more defensive options if you want to stay in the fight longer?

Like say, EQUIPPING A SHIELD? Or taking Rodel 2 for Slithering to laugh at all magic damage? Taking gears with more defensive stats? Or you know, put points into Dex/more CON?

The options are there, so what prevent YOU from taking it besides ‘but muh damage’?

If you built focus on damage by sacrificing most mitigation, then don’t whine when you lack the mitigation to survive and have to relies on Clerics to patch you up (but hey, at least your higher max HP means each heal tile heals for more)

dude u probably dont even play swordsman… have ever played any other mmo with warriors?
and STR is the way to go, only fencers need high DEX and tanks need high CON

if u dont go high STR as dps ur dmg will sck later on, and u need defense so u can get close and do something, but we dont have this defense, once we get close to use our skills we lose a sht ton of hp

so, or they make our skills so OP that worth losing all the hp, or they give us more defense/health/self healing/anything

and i hope that, with the new swordsman only gear, we wll have this defense

more ways to mitigate damage would be nice, like on flanconnade, stabbing attribute and slitherin. i definitely think a few more spread across more jobs would do great, especially for magic defence. rank 8 seems to solve a few area-of-attack and damage issues, but, a bump to health regen wouldn’t go amiss, maybe on equipment. they should definitely think about removing all the debuffs swordies get a long with their buffs.

what you’re saying is right but if you’ll look at swordsman class before most skills really suck at dealing dmg thus taking hybrid path/ things that can give you defensive options is not an option for DPS path before but as i said that was “before” now that swords are getting buffed, swords gain some room to allocate more con for defensive purposes lets just wait i pretty much think IMC’s still not done “fixing” not buffing swords rofl.

why IMC still not even realize that even they boost dmg it’s nothing when sword man can’t reach people in pvp :\

1 Like

because IMC be like “High risk, Fuk your reward”.

2 Likes

@lakong_pake03 You sir deserve a medal.

Yes I have a swordsman.
Yes I’ve played other MMO with warrior class. Guess what? They usually are tankier than cloths, BUT they also can’t take hits from bosses/raid mobs either.

“but muh damage”, exactly as I said.
THIS is the price you pay for that so called highest damage path of yours.

[quote=“Lenny, post:168, topic:316373”]or they give us more defense/health/self healing/anything
[/quote]

Swordsman DO have more physical defense/health/HP regen than other classes (wizard have more magic def)

You don’t lose HP to use skills, you lose HP because you go in when there’s AoE going and you don’t have any evasion/mitigation so you take all of its damage. Even in other MMOs there’s this saying of DON’T STAND IN THE FIRE.
The fact that boss can spam the same AoE over and over is a different problem altogether, and making Swordsman tankier isn’t the correct way to fix that one.

funny to me that people believe that they can make more damage just with high str and white damage…
by going high str you will have less damage, AND you will miss against high dex chars…
generally i don’t like neither full dex or full str, you kinda need both to perform well nowadays.

hmm why vertical slash better than moulinet ?
moulinet hit 5x, so it’s mean your 5x phy attack right ?
while vertical slash only 1 hit

damn cross cut bleeding scales with attack from the skill, i’m thinking only take 1 point for boost skyliner

cross cut 1 point, vertical slash 1 point too. even moulinet some ppl only put 1 point. the stars of the show are crown, cross guard, skyliner, skull swing (5 here) and catar (lvl 3 catar is enough)

Skyliner varies on the build, say Fencers don’t really care once they get Flanconnade, let alone Composse.
In this case a higuer CrossCut would be prefered due to it being a DoT while your spamed skills are Flanconnade or Composse, whichever the enemy is weak to.

true, i’m considering a 2h sword build, fencer could use other skills

Since we already have Deeds, I hope we get attack speed increase from Gung Ho. Our AA is too slow.

No we don’t, that’s why most emergency heals goes to SW’s when being melted after pulling magic mobs. Swordies burn more pots, and sit for campfire a lot too compared to others.
The HPregen gained per CON and level-ups can’t keep up with the class’s bigger base hp pool.