Tree of Savior Forum

KToS 28/7/16 Swordsman Buffs

I wonder if they’ll make Gung Ho function in %'s as well, since the devs have changed Guardian.

I highly doubt it and expect them, given the trend with how they’ve changed Frenzy, to make it increase based on STR and give a -defense% reduction.

It’s sad, but unfortunately the likely truth ^o.o^

Without drawback? Srsly? Whole pelt is drawback coz it don`t have any awesome skill except SB. Why people who want take pelt c1 for party and eva buff shoud waste 14% of their atack? It’s ridiculus.
With this logic we can add damage immun for frezzed or petrified mobs coz this is control, or frendlie fire of AOE skills coz it’s AOE. MB cleric’s heal shoud heal enemies? Same flawed logic.

Even if it does at least Gung-ho has good atk to def ratio, Guardian has higher atk reduction than it’s def boost which makes it bad.

Pelt isn’t a drawback, swash, umbo and and being able to block on command is ridiculous and combos insanely well with hoplite.

Pre-change, it had ZERO benefit as a defensive CD as a ‘tank’ as the defensive gain was so low.

Now that it’s a massive defensive steroid, the only ones complaining are the people who didn’t have defense to begin with.

Also; 14% damage per attack isn’t that big a deal if you’re critting for 5.5k+ normally.

It’s not defensive CD it’s buff (65+s duration 40s CD) and it relly worked in any DEX build, now it’s good exclusuvely for zero-dmg-hold-c-button tanks.

It’s still a defensive CD (cooldown).

It’s still useful on dex builds as well. I couldn’t care less about -14% damage for its duration, it’s not that big if a deal.

How about you complain to me about something relevant like, say, gung ho scaling being non-existent?

It be to positive thinking if that % change also adds good proportional amounts of mdef, if not, magic will still rekt you.

If it work with mdef i think it can be considdired as good situational skill even with dmg debuff. But i don`t have hope for this.

It’s not small either when you try be not in the bottom of DPS list.

Speaking of swordsman buffs, notice that concentrate AND restrain got positive buffs, yet guardian gets a buff AND a nerf.

It’s not the same especially when you consider that the HP debuff for restrain did not increase when they buffed the stun %, there’s no reason that they couldn’t buff the defense bonus of guardian, flat value or % value, without increasing the atk penalty of it.

Well let’s see. To make use of Highlander attribute you need to be able to crit. To able to crit at 280 you need to have 100 crit rating on average just to have 0% crit chance (someone correct me if I’m wrong). To get that you need 100 Dex and then crit gear and gems.

Say you’ve got 2:1:1 Str:Con:Dex ratio going, you’ll end up with 310:100:100, that’s 150:75:75 points invested. You would have 310 crit attack as a base, which would convert into 155 extra crit attack, so 155 damage every crit. You still need to crit to get the benefit, I’m not fully aware of all the crit rating items but you would roughly have 25% chance to crit.

Now you could put the 75 points into Str. You quite possibly won’t be critting at all, so highlander attribute will be useless. However, you now have 470 Str instead of 310. That’s 160 more than when you had 100 Dex, which translates into 160 extra damage on every hit, 100% of the time.

Question is can you get enough crit gear to overcome the negative crit rating that you would have at 280. You almost definitely can but how much would that be I don’t know. 2 Sissels will net you 74. 3 crit gems in your weapon would net you 276. Whoa you say, that’s going to be a 37.5% crit chance! That is if you level the green gem to level 10, which would take some dedication. You most likely have them at level 5 or 6. That’s 96 crit rating with 74 we have from 2 Sissels you’ll get 10% crit chance. It’s not bad.

Bottom line is it seems that Highlander will net you 230 extra damage damage per crit at 280 provided you can get the gear. So ultimately, it does give extra DPS but at the same time 230 damage, 10% of the time is not that great. That’s just 23 extra damage every hit, GungHo is better than that. Obviously it goes up as your crit goes up.

my idea is going 0 dex and using only gear, but yeah, at 280 the bonus damage would be like 700 (~250 more) in each crit with the bonus, and later on when we hit 1k str, its going to be 1500 (500 more). and thats not bad at all, with gear we can get to high crit chance even with no dex.

but i see ur point, its not as good as it seems, but its a rank 2 passive, so its not bad too

but i’m not taking pelt too, they are buffing swordsman every update, and some ppl are doing great with it. if id take pelt, id make a full tank instead of a dps.

If they buff Gungho to use percentages just like Guardian will then Sw2 will be better than Highlander. That’s on top of Concentrate buff. It think all 3 rank 2 circles offer something good at the moment. Highlander seems like the most endgame one as you need to have the gear to take advance of the attribute.

the thing is, u get highlander if u are using 2h sword cus all skills work well with 2h sword builds

But what skills are you going to keep on using? Cross Guard is the only thing that will stay relevant, unless you need another Shock enabler with Crown.

wagon for knock down, cross guard for defense, catar stroke is strke dmg and its not bad, crown to reduce INT/SPR and apply shock later on. i’m going highlander 3 so ill probably max crossguard too. thats another reason to go highlander xD get to c3

whats ur build? highlander c3 - barb c1?

Ah well, if you going H3 then it’s a no brainier. I’m talking more of the situations when Rank 2 is a filler rank, which it is for many builds.

I don’t think this’ll happen. We already have Deeds

oh, yeah, if u are not going for 2h sword o can pick peltast, BUUUUT its easier to block (with auto swap) if u are using cross guard (and it scales of str), also it buffs pierce dmg, so i duno, even for dps lancer/dragoon/fencer, highlander could work well.

@Suchi

i’m going high3>barb1>doppel2

some ppl say to go barbarian, but i duno, i’m not a big fan of barbs, i alredy tried going c3 in CBT2 and i saw some videos on youtube, i think ill like highlander more

2 Likes

I wonder if the Guardian change giving much more def now means that they’ll introduce bosses that actually need a defensive built tank (Pelt3 with full Guardian/High Guard) and can not be tanked by any other standard CON class build.