Tree of Savior Forum

Ktest shinobi (squire): help me maths

I’m looking at a sword-x-x-x-squire3-shinobi because my squire hit r8 (so why not) and I know I can’t afford murmillion attributes (this is still a squire).

Options
I’m leaning heavily towards sword3-pelt1 because [pommel beat] and [double slash] have pretty high skill factors and 34/39 sec uptime on [pain barrier]

Another build is sword1-pelt1-hl2 for [crown][moulinet] and 2H sword crit atk

Math

[thrust] = (139 + (0 - 14) x 7.6) x 5 OH / 10 CD
69.5 - 122.7 dps
695 - 1227 burst

[bash] = (164 + (0-14) x 9) x 3 OH / 6 CD
82 - 145 dps
492 - 870 burst

[pommel beat] = (335 + (0 - 9) x 23.4) x 3 OH / 14 CD
71.78 - 116.91 dps
1005 - 1636 burst

[double slash] = ((206 + (0-4) x 24.7) x 2hits) x 3 OH / 21 CD
58.86 - 87.09 dps
1236 - 1828.8 burst

[umbo blow]/[rim blow] = (244 + (0-4) x 13.4) x 2 OH / 12 CD
40.67 - 49.6 dps
488 - 595.2 burst

[crown] = (363 + (0-9-14) x 30) / 30 CD
12.1 - 21.1 - 26.1 dps
363 - 633 - 783 burst

[moulinette] = (98 + (0-4-9) 6.9) x 5hits / 35 CD
14 - 17.94 - 22.87 dps (28 - 35.89 - 45.74 with [crown])
490 - 628 - 800.5 burst (980 - 1256 - 1601 with [crown])

[kunai] = ((124 + (0-4) × 14.9) x 5 hits) x 2 OH / 15 CD
82.67 - 122.4 dps
1240 - 1836 burst

From just this, it would seem that sword3 will beat out any non sword3 build in terms of dps and burst. Please do point out anything wrong with the math. I’ll try to edit in [concentrate] and [gung ho] later.

Assuming lv 15 [concentrate] and 300 DEX, I would get 926 (1389 with max attribute) [concentrate] damage. This will be available all the time but won’t affect clones.

Assuming lv 15 [gung ho] and 300 STR, I would get 203.19 (304.79 with attribute) [gung ho] damage.

Clones snapshot your atk right? With 5 clones you are doing 1219.14 (1828.71 with attribute) per action that clones are up (which is 20/49 sec).

with clones [gung ho] x 20/49 + without clone [gung ho] x 29/40

Adding in uptime I get 497.61 (746.41 with attribute) with clones out and 120.26 (180.38 with attribute) without clones dps

Leaving this here so I don’t have to keep looking for it.

That video… Not to be mean or anything towards Bong, I love that he does these videos… But Bong is not the best person to use as reference for what classes can do.
For one he doesn’t even have Moulinet for a Clone+Crown+Skull Swing+Moulinet combo. That is huge, and I mean HUGE burst chunk that they are missing out on. Another burst they are missing is the Clone+Crosscut+Double Slash, another hefty burst.

Anyways on to you.

This will be good when fighting lots of enemies back to back. It’s not the best when fighting a boss though. You have plenty of skills to stun, which you can then combo into a bleed with thrust to get bonus damage on double slash. Lots of tankiness, etc…

If you are going this route, I suggest you don’t take pelt. I have this right now (no squire). It is currently rank 7, Sword 2-High3-Pelt1-Shinobi, and am planning to take it too sword 3 for rank 8. I constantly get #1 on damage in merc missions when not up against agny necklace mages. When the combat changes come I will be removing pelt and going with barb 1 for slash debuff and stun.
Pelt is usefull for gathering enemies, but that is more quality of life than anything.

Your math is a bit confusing as there is no telling of what the certain numbers represent. For example:

I’m assuming the x5 in that is from clones? Yet for all the other equations that work with clones I don’t see this step repeated. Is this new or old combat formula calculations?

More info please.

The video is just there for me to look at. I’m trying to match damage numbers to skills used but it’s so hard to catch.

The pelt is for clonable [umbo blow] and [rim blow] aside from [swash buckling].

I’ve added OH and CD labels to make it less confusing.

So this just showed up in the ktos thread.

It is strong, there is no denying that. Sword1-HL3 is looking like an option for me.

Looking at the numbers though, [crown]+[moulinet] has a max of 2384 SF burst while [pommel beat]+[double] slash] already has a max of 3464.8 SF. Is the non-clone combo on the HL3 strong enough to carry me when clones are on cd?

Looking at the whole HL3 kit though, I suppose the combo should be [skull swing]+[crown]+[moulinet] for the armor break because even at 3 (is that right?) sec armor break you can still fit in all of [moulinet]'s hits.

What do you think @megamanex14?

1 Like

Yes, because you also will have skyliner with crosscut. This as well as skull swing+Vertical slash. This is of course as long as you can bleed your target, but skyliner would still be strong without the bleed anyway. Also with the new log10 formula Skull Swing is stronger as a debuff. Sadly it only lasts 3 seconds on a 40 cd.

This (I think) is why they are making [moulinet] faster with DEX. I think it would be easy to fit [kunai] and HL combo into that 3sec window (maybe … I hope).

Here ya go

He is a Shinobi+High3+Sword3+Barb1
In this video he only uses shinobi clone+Swordy Doubleslash with barb cleave

No one really uses pommel.
If I had to go sword3 without highlander, I would only use thrust and double slash. Oh and bash.

More Edit:
Something like this

https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#11116bbdb.11215f85.95b5..254155

Its good enough for both bossing and back to back mob killing. Helm chopper for stun, thrust for bleed with stun, and double slash for bleed. Bash and double slash get easy bonus from cleave. All short cooldown skills.

About the slash bonus damage. Any idea how much?

Really? Counting OH, a lv10 [pommel beat] has a 1636% SF while a lv5 [double slash] has a 1828.8 SF. A lv1 [thrust] is 695% SF while lv1 [bash] is 492% SF.

You could do something like: https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skill-planner#1111.11215f7a85

Should still be the same to my knowledge. 50%

Of course you wont keep thrust and bash that low in this build, but i left it that way for you to decide. If you really want pommel you should get it. It all ultimately is your choice, I’m just giving you advice.
This is the reason why I left points for choice. I find builds fun because you ultimately decided what you want/need.

I mean, what does [pommel beat] do/not do that people don’t want it even post changes?

Not sure about post change. Post change, its damage looks nice.

It would give you the strike damage you would be missing. The only problem is, you have no way to increase strike damage in your build path. You will see/have more slash/pierce debuffs than you will strike debuffs, this would be especially so in solo play.
Hence why you would put more points in the slash and pierce attacks.
It is also because Pommel Beat is more useful towards medium and small enemies. Not to mention its other bonus is from stun only. Something you won’t be able to do with restrain alone, nor will you be able to get on bosses.

As long as you get Double Slash (Max) and Pain Barrier, your free to choose whatever other skills you want.

Given the changes to [pommel beat], would you take it?

And since you have HL now, have you had the chance to use the [cartar stroke] + [bash] KD combo for double damage on [cartar stroke]?

Yes and no. No, because my rotation will already be full. I will have Double Slash, Moulinet, Skyliner, Thrust, Kunai, Crown Skull Swing, Cross Cut, Cleave, and Helm Chopper. Anything else would be buffs/utility. Yes, if Swordy was my only source of damage, but it wouldn’t be maxed.

It’s a nice combo, but in higher level there are more enemies who are knockdown resistant. It is good for mob killing though, assuming they could be knocked down.

Sry if I jump into the discussion with another class, but what about corsair?
I have a shinomurm I would like to reset to shinosair, what’s the best EASY build I can aim to?

Sw3 > ??? > Sair3 > Shino
Sw1 > HL3 > Sair3 > Shino

Can you give me some insights guys?

If you’re going Corsair 3, and I am to assume you will be using double weapon assault, then I would go the Sw3 route.

1 Like

Something to look at:

1 Like

Definitely interesting.
Yes, my idea is to go double weapon, but I’m not sure about the synergies between corsair and shino. Love the idea, not sure about the effectiveness :slight_smile:

I’ll probably build it based on str, and I’m still thinking on r4. Pelt can be ok, but I was in doubt about barb

Now I know why [pommel beat] sucks. It has a fixed 2 AAR (ignores your gear and base AAR).

1 Like

btw i decided to go swd3-high3-shinobi-squire1

I’m guessing you want to take advantage of the “sure crit” on [double slash] and [moulinet]. I’m really suspicious of these 2 skills. Their attribute should not be giving 100% c.rate. Do we ask?