Tree of Savior Forum

A total new player

Well hey everyone , I start the game few weeks ago and is really interesting and most now when the wizard re-balance, now I’m level 330 with my wizard and level 270 with other wizard but before the last reset idk what build made I like many classes and I’m not sure, my first wizard have a strange build Cryo3-sorc2-RC-ench2 it’s amazing killing bosses with enchanter-giant and the summon helps to kill mobs, but idk how good is for endgame. That is the other question now I’m high level idk what to do I finish the yellow quest but idk what weapon get or armor for now and what is the best weapons or which should be my focus now? I read about ET weapons and armors but just meta builds can come inside I’m thinking to made cryo3-chrono3-enchanter2 idk if works.
And I want to made elementalist -rc-sage for solo but i feel unnecessary have wiz2 and 3 because RC give me protection but what put instead I think on cryo-linker or cryo-kino, or don’t put RC and put FF for survive or something like wiz2-linker2ele3-sage2 is bad made any of this?
Thank you very much ppl and I hope you help me.

1 Like

One can not simple use Magic Shield in an INT build since one will end up SP dry.

Wiz 2 is enough for Kino (dream eater).

I don’t see an issue there, you could go also with either Cryo 2 or Pyro 2 (<-- recommended more than cryo 2) for Ele specialized attributes:

Both attributes require at least Circle 2.

I got one with Wiz > Pyro 2 > Ele 3 > WL 3 and I find it pretty good, it’s pretty mobile too since I can cast Invocation and shove Prominence on the enemies, and if required I lay a Storm Dust or Flame Ground, but generally the mobs that die with Prominence leave Evil Spirits behind and they end up finishing off the rest.

If you want a farmer then change to Wiz 2 > Linker 3 > Thau 2 > Sage 2, can also take one Circle from Linker to put in Thau if you think it is worth. Just remember to go with SPR instead of INT, you can make good use of Magic Shield and the attribute of Spirit Shock on Circle 3.
Also Sage skills work with Dream Eater since they are non-elemental.

Other choice to go with the farmer build would be Shadowmancer, since the skills have low CD and good amount of Charges.

FF also work on the build above but require special gearing (AAR).

One thing you should note about RC Rune of Protection is that it has at least a 50s downtime. That said, Surespell is a much more reliable source of spell interruption protection since it lasts a whole 5 minutes. What Rune of Protection does better is that it provides Knockback immunity, which, to be fair is really frustrating when it happens to you. However, as an Elementalist main, you will usually want to be far enough away from enemies to do your thing although RoP’s value greatly improves if you expect to solo a lot.

That said, RoP still does not compare with Surespell since with enough silver you can purchase a Gazing Golem card. Since there aren’t that many purples to work with as a wizard, a single Gazing Golem works well for what it does, which is, give a lvl.1 Pain Barrier similar to what Swordsmen have. The effect kicks in often enough in those situations you would most need it (say, CM or DG). That said, Gazing golem only gives one half of RoP’s bonus which is Knockback immunity and not Interruption immunity and for that you will still need Surespell. Since you prefer going Elementalist, you have to keep these in mind given that ele is a cast-time limited unit.

As for builds, the above will do. The Pyro variant is pretty solid in that it gives you several options to work with. However, don’t be so quick to dismiss the Linker variant. It’s not very popular but given that Ele has high multiplier AoE effects, Joint Penalty ca be used to multiply AoE damage several times over. However, as I said, it’s a rather oddball build. You could go at it like this:

Note that both Ele and Wizard have earth-type spells. Linker can further magnify their effects (not to mention Electrocute as well). In the future we will be receiving the Onmyoji which will have even more spells to build on Elementalists already vast repertoire of spells.

Idk what is this card system and what put in my wizard, and take RC isn’t that good of u understand rigthly well maybe I go for she build. But still don’t know what get now I’m leveled 330 what equipment and cards and weapons.

Ah. The card system is an additional way of improving your character. If you go to the market and click the cards section, you’ll see a variety of cards available. Fortunately, there have already been players who’ve compiled data on what cards do and how good they are.

This post will be a bit detailed so, if there are more experienced players reading this, can I ask for a rain check? :no_mouth:

Before we discuss cards, you have to decide on your classbuild since most of your gearing decisions will come from that. For builds, I suggest you listen to @Nirimetus advice.

Builds

For Ele, you can’t go wrong with the following:

• W3Ele3Wlk3
    – well reccomended
    – INT

• W2Pyr2Ele3/x/
    – where x is a choice between PsychoKino, Sage, Enchanter, or, in the future, Onmyoji.
    – INT

If you want to be a support, the following are the upcoming Meta Support builds:

• W2Lnk2Thau3Shdw2
    – SPR

• W2Lnk3/x3/RC
    – where x is either Thaumaturge (best for helping Mage teams) or Chronomancer (Best for helping Physical Teams). This is the latest spread from Korea.
    – SPR

• W1Cryo3/x3/Ench
    –where x is either Psychokino or Chronomancer. Kino for damage, Chrono for buffs.
    – SPR

What should you pick?

Dealers
The important consideration to make when picking builds is what sort of role and what sort of content do you want to get into. For beginners, it is easiest to try and fit into DPS roles. All teams need DPS and its easiest to become comfortable in this role. Note, however, that because it’s popular, there will be a lot of competition. Also, relative to the standard difficulty of content, you will be shouldering the burden of clearing the stage or level. You will need to gear up properly and spend silver on attributes.

Note that most endgame content does not need a lot of funding. My poor Shadowmancer only has +10 Berthas Raffye w/o transcend but I can still get him into parties. Similarly, if you choose to be a DPSer (or, as the term is used on these forums, a Dealer) you can get into most content but at some point you’re going to have to seriously think about your funding in order to get into harder content like ET or, in the future, Belcoper.

Supports
Being a support is a rather odd experience. While you’re expected to deal damage (dealing damage will always be the first priority in this game) the pace is much more relaxed especially for Wizard supports since their skills center around high-duration buffs compared to clerics that need to spam heals and shields. The most active of the lot are the Linkers (and Psychokinos to some extent but people prefer classifying them as Dealers) since links must be reapplied for every new wave of enemies.

The difficulty of being a support is not quite the opposite of being a Dealer but it is related–that is, it will be difficult trying to solo content since you will have far less spells to throw around since most of them focus on strengthening yourself and others. This, at least, is my experience, I should point out. I’m pretty sure there are others who’ve had an easier time raising a support but I should warn you ahead of time. Regardless, supports will always have a spot in parties that have already had the healer and DPS roles filled and you will be less required to be properly geared. Group-wide bonuses are always welcome and tend to improve overall DPS since these buffs strengthen builds already geared to do damage.

Gearing Up

Once you’ve decided on a build you will want to gear up. One of your questions was what sort of gear would you want at your level (330)? The easy answer for your level is a Pevordimas Staff, Berthas or otherwise. If you can get a cheap one with INT all the better. At level 350 (about a few weeks (?) from your current level depending on how dedicated you are), you’ll be able to upgrade to a Raffye Staff.

Primus Raffye gear is the most cost-efficient equip set you can get. An unenchanted one goes for a few million in my server (Telsiai). There’s some really good advice on the Swordsman forum that says that you can start off purchasing the best Pevordimas equip you can afford (in our case, a Staff). Upgrade as much as you can/want and then save for a Primus Raffye version of the piece once you get to the appropriate level range.

Once you have enough money, purchase one and have it appraised. As a user elsewhere said, it matters little if the stats are a bit bad, the amount of damage you get will be greater than lesser graded weapons.For now focus on upgrading the Staff. Try for at least +8 for now but if you manage to get lucky, you may be able to get +10. The best sort of weapons will be about +16 or more, however I should warn you that trying to upgrade that yourself is extremely expensive. I cannot overstate that enough. I once spent 7 million trying to get a staff past +13. I spent all of that and only ended up with the +10 I told you about–even then, I count myself lucky. There are worse fates. If you want a +16 save and purchase one off another player or barter if you happen to have something desireable.

I’ve spoken at length but for now that should cover everything. There’s more to be said, but it would be wiser for you to explore the forums yourself. I’ll link a few pages that may be helpful for you:

This one’s pretty detailed

Gearing up

A glimpse into the future, an Elememe-fuelled future

7 Likes

Omg really good recompilation of information thank you.

I think that my tree build will be Cryo3-Chrono3-Sage2 for support with full SPR, my damage could be wiz2-link2-ele3-sage2 and maybe my crazy build will be cryo3-sorc2-RC-enchanter2 a like this build will be hard to hear up but with my support could be help full, idk is what do now with my support , what kind of content I will go.
Thanks too mucjo sable.

I have one question more which build i should made first my elesage, my cryo-sorc-ench or the support?

Hm. Tough choice. I don’t have a sorcerer so I can’t comment on Sorc but given you first set of choices I would prefer going CryoChronoSage instead. Ele-Sage is fine but beware that’s a pretty unique build and it’s wiser to try tested builds first unless you want to be a bit daring. If you’re intrigued with the idea, LinkerEleSage actually seems pretty good. I can see it being built this way

For CryoChronoSage, the class progression will be relatively painless and the fact that it’s a well-recognized build would mean you’ll often find a slot in parties. It’s recommended you go with a “classic” build before anything else so that your experience playing will be smoother. Suggested Skill Distribution

I would suggest full to high INT instead of SPR since Cryo and Sage are (for now) DPS classes. Chrono will need SPR but you can get most of your SPR through equipment. This is important because the Chrono bonus does not exceed x2 of the listed value. Any excess SPR would be a waste. By end-game your goal should be 360 SPR. If that seems a lot right now, don’t worry about it for now–you’ll get there. Although you could help the transition a bit by giving yourself a little SPR, maybe: 100 SPR :: the rest in INT. Most stats come from armor anyway so you’ll eaily reach the cap.

Before we finalize, you sure you don’t want to try CryoChronoEnchanter? CryoKinoEnchanter is not bad either if you want to do DPS. For the CryoChrono, although you lose Missile Hole and Ultimate Dimension, you get Enchant lightning and Lightning Hands. Lightning gains a 50% bonus against frozen enemies (or, in the case of bosses, being inside the radius of Frost Pillar). Since Frost Pillar is multihit and Chrono’s Quicken helps Auto-attacks, you gain a lot of advantages with Enchanter. (That, and you can AFK shop on your free time to make money, hehe). This is personal preference, though. If you insist in going Sage, I won’t stop you–its a pretty good build by all accounts. In any case, have fun!