Tree of Savior Forum

[kTest[Ktos]] Class rework thread

I’m pretty sure what you mentioned is simply the non-log part for damage calculation when crit happen.

ESPECIALLY skill factor part.

i.e. When crit happen
DAMAGE = skill factor*(1.5*PATK+CATK) * log(~~~)

I could hop on KTEST to check to confirm, but it would make no sense not to calculate Crit that way. The formula calls both variables attack so it would make sense for both of them to be handled the same way.

Well that’s sad and it’s technically mostly on the forum. Maybe i should really do a post for my own guild of Fedi server where i explain to people since the start of the game to play what they want technically as long as they have fun. And since combat update, with checking all the factors etc. The game is now so much balanced it’s a tear of joy for every theorycrafter who likes to build themselves however they want. °°

2 Likes

No one said the formula is how it appears in code. And IMC is kinda notorious for bad communication, so they might’ve left out crits entirely for their news posts. There’s no guarantee ‘Attack’ includes crit attack in the log function, the code could have one be final_Attack while the other is char_Attack.

None of the formula so far have shown crit attack, anywhere, neither have any of their examples so far mentioned crit damage.

If anything, your version is the one that makes no sense.
The formula officially mentioned is this:
damage = (% increase factor) x attack x min {1, log10 ((attack / (defense + 1))^0.8 + 1)} + (+ increase)

Now we replace all ‘attack’ with what you mentioned ( Attack = skill factor*(1.5*PATK+CATK))

damage = (% increase factor) x skill factor*(1.5PATK+CATK) x min {1, log10 (( skill factor(1.5*PATK+CATK) / (defense + 1))^0.8 + 1)} + (+ increase)

Does THAT still look correct to you? Even discounting that 1.5*patk + catk being only on crit, that skill factor being applied INSIDE THE LOG FUNCTION makes no sense.

1 Like

I think it will help the things that apply to damage, such as elemental damage, damage to plate, leather and cloth.
Considering the log is fix as it is presented but there are also considerations on linear buffs, blessing and enchant.

Well, all said we haven’t really added the range from a penalty of weapon to min- max attack.Particularly the stats that is *2 per stat on str and int.

Will stats really give a hinge in overall damage?

I keep on saying that skill damage as it is there. Will still give a higher chance of overall damage while increasing the attributes. And still its not included on the graph shown to us.
For me IMO its more on reworked skills and defense.

1 Like

You could be right, but assuming the one that’s less likely isn’t the best option.

Definitely remove the Skill Factor portion, I unintentionally explained it like the whole side. Just this: 1.5*PATK+CATK is what I mean as it’s referred to as attack and makes the most sense.

Neither is more or less likely at this point, your assumption crit attack is in the log part is as good as any else’s where it isn’t. The very few actual ingame tests I’ve seen suggested it’s only added to the first ‘attack’, but I’ve yet to see any real indepth ingame tests that know what they’re doing and don’t just show stat window, do an attack and that’s it.

1 Like

We know what one of the attack's are, it makes sense that the other one, in the same formula, is the same. We should certainly test to confirm though, as there is a chance it’s not the same.

So that leave it as this:
damage = (% increase factor) x skill factor*(1.5PATK+CATK) x min {1, log10 (((1.5PATK+CATK) / (defense + 1))^0.8 + 1)} + (+ increase)

And let’s just take the actual number from an actual gameplay.

On the right is pure dex build, fully buffed getting about 1100 attack and 1602 crit attack
Non-crit is about 620, while a crit is about 1860 or 3 times the damage.

Even just quickly calculating, his non-log attack on crit about (1100 * 1.5 + 1600) ~ 3000, i.e. about 3 time the damage his non-crit would do.

IF crit attack actually affect the log function, as you assumed, then there’d be a much bigger jump in damage, because to use the damage listed on the official blog post, the difference between 1000 attack and 3000 attack on the same target should be about 5 times the damage difference.

1 Like

Very good points, I didn’t even notice it in my play testing. Thank you.

NP, admittedly having crit attack apply inside the log function can work if IMC removes or nerf the default crit multiplier.

For example, on crit you don’t get any base attack multiplier, just (atk + catk), but that also applies inside the log function.

Using the above example, it’d become 2700 attack both outside and inside the log function, making his crit, even without the 1.5x, do somewhere around 4-5 times the damage of his non-crit.

Since part of the reason catk is losing against just raw attack right now is due to that percentage scaling in log part (similar to why people were taking Dex for crit rate over raw Str, the percent scaling was more beneficial given the high skill damage where the flat gain of STR slowly lose out)

I think in the end STR will still be meta (consistent, and less likely to hit damage cap due to the spike), but at least Dex will be as viable for the people who likes rolling that dice.
Or possibly even hybrid of both stats just for accuracy/block pen instead.

…Actually, this would work, wouldn’t it? How does one ping the staffs again?

Right now, STR will almost always be the meta due to the difficulty in obtaining CRATE, and the mediocrity of CATK.

For tagging you do @ then the name like so:

@Queue

Crit attack isn’t in log lol.
Hell I think it’s unmultiplied.

Dex provides offense and defense (evasion)
For the people who want both you grab Dex.
For raw damage you grab STR.
Block Pen can also be desirable.

To anybody making a claim on c.atk in the damage formula, source?

What do you think about:

Sword 3 > HL 3 > (Barb 1 or doppel 1) > Shinobi?

Is HL3’s damage equal to Corsair 3’s damage?

HL damage is nice now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but still prefer 3 doppel :slight_smile:

You should try this when we get the patch, maybe it will not be your preference anymore.

Updated first post with a picture and rank reset info

@GoldenCross Corsair3 benefit is pillage passive, and a nice [missile] support buff with jolly roger. Dust devil is decent slash damage and CC (spins mobs).

Sword3 High3 will have more offensive skills with High3. Skull swing before burst is very strong.
If you focus on slash attacks, recommend barb for Cleave buff&debuff (Sword3 HL3 Barb1 shinobi).
Shinobi clones copy swordie skills and copy highlander moulinet.

Vid of shinobi cloned moulinet. Clone + cleave + crown + moulinet combo.

1 Like

Thanks, so high 3’s skills alone are enough?

How does sword 3 HL 3 barb 1 shinobi compare to sword 1 high 3 barb 1 Doppel 3?
Obviously doppel will win on AOE damage, but how about single target (boss fights)?

What about Dragoon 2? Thinking of trying it but I heard Cataphract is going to be garbage so I don’t know what would be the most optimal build path :thinking: