Tree of Savior Forum

KRtos (class, content) vids & discussion : first post = retiari & onmyouji vids (CLOSED TOPIC BY REQUEST)

Matador is not popular because it does not excel at anything. Low attack, low utility, low buffs, below average at PvE, bad at PvP.

Some matador problems
Example of the Muleta skill, it is not a real counter. You will still receive damage. Who will die first?
The activation time of the skill is also very short. If you do not get hit within 0.3s, the skill will fail.

Matador will only have 2 damage skills which will work properly. Paso doble knocks-up and knocks-away all mobs. Bad for mobbing. Paena is only strong if you max it (need matador2). Hitcount is low with low skill levels.

Look at the size of the hitbox of Paena, it is smaller than the animation:

Capote was nerfed a lot. 10 target taunt -> 5 target taunt. 50% crit resist debuff -> 50 crit resist debuff. The taunt duration is very short. If you need a taunt, pick peltasta.

Ole is the best matador buff, it is OK. 50% up-time.

Backslide = ??? swordie sprint is faster, even normal movement is sufficient. It is possible to be cool if you slide and use Paena. There is no other use for this skill even if it has an attribute evasion buff.
matadori15587586351

This class was a disappointment, none of the players liked it much. It will be reworked in the next balance patch: matador & musketeer rework. After that patch, wizard classes will be rebalanced.

Fencer3 is forced to take matador1 due to rapier weapon restriction.

Matador is so lacking, it couldnā€™t even be a baby dragoon2.

Even Bong can beat matador (this is just a joke)

If you enjoy the class concept, please have some videos:
Corsair matador siaulai run here
Fencer3 matador1 siaulai here
Highlander fencer matador siaulai here
Fencer3 matador catacombs mission here
Fencer matador at 340 Hunting grounds here

4 Likes

After 2 years of development and management, they still donā€™t put a remove knockā€™s attribute on skills that have that.

Why.

1 Like

I wonder did the IMC devs actually play their classes with white, non enchanced/anviled/trans gear in the dungeon/world maps to try out how the classes actually fare and differ from their theorised versions on paper.

:persevere:

3 Likes

The main issue is that IMC doesnā€™t address class identity properly, i was expecting Matador to be a goliath slayer rapier class (since Fencer already takes the counter/reactive indentity) as counterpart to Hoplite and Dragoon (or what could have been). Those reworks are helping a lot with classes that have those issues, even tho i canā€™t approve what they did to Oracle and Cataphract (not sure about Falconer too)ā€¦

1 Like

hahahahahahahaha
hahahahaha that hitbox

omg i didnā€™t even take something like that into account pce

1 Like

is shadow 2 stronger than warlock 3?

real life matadors are just people walking away and stabbing at the ā€œproperā€ time. No kind of super goliath. they just dash to the sides.

I know they arenā€™t but for the game standarts and thematics they could fit this role, after all they do fight opponents bigger than them.

Shadowmancer: Overpowered damage vs Ground-type enemies due to shadowmancer2 attributes on Shadowthorns and Shadow conjuration. Shadowmancer has average AoE damage. Shadow orb condensation can only damage each enemy once, and shadow conjuration requires mobs to be near you in front of you (not a ranged skill).
Shadow Fetter can CC bosses. Shadow Pool is quite useless outside of PvP. Shadow hallucination clone is a 20% HP shield.
PvP rating: strong due to shadowthorns 4 overheat auto-targeting and because all players are ground-type. Current Korea top PvP wizard pick.

Warlock skills: great AoE and multi-hits with Pole of Agony & Mastema with attribute. Invocation will spawn a lot of spirits during AoE mobbing. Make your spirits fly to a single target to deal massive burst damage. Shadow theurge will block a few hits. Warlock3 Demon Claw requires wizard surespell & quickcast.
Drain and Trail arenā€™t very useful skills.
PvP: difficult to aim skills, players keep moving. Need CC (Kino raise -> pole of agony is popular).
One of the strongest warlock players: here

Single target damage vs ground enemy: shadowmancer
Single target vs flying: warlock
AoE vs many ground : warlock
AoE vs many flying : warlock
AoE vs badly grouped mobs: warlock
PvP (burst): shadowmancer
Ease of farming (linker-thauma builds): shadowmancer
Utility: shadowmancer

Currently higher-ranks wizard overall usefulness list:

1. Enchanter2 (very strong sustained damage and support, fits ALL builds)
  2. Shadowmancer2 & Warlock3 (usually DPS builds)
  3. Summoners (Sorc2 preferred over Necro3, Marnox most popular summon)

Keep wizard rebalance patch in mind. This list might change.

4 Likes

any of the ktest players have a video of doppelā€™s Punish skill after the change?

2 Likes

What is your thought on getting sorc1-shadow2 over warlock3 in an elememe build? Does it have synergy?
Shadow for low cooldown skills and shadow fetter for CCing bosses under elementalist skills. Sorc mostly for sp regen and AoE buffs. It can add some extra damage and aggro with Summon (not sure, Iā€™ve never played sorc before).
I donā€™t feel much attracted to WL3 for some reason, and Iā€™m already going WL2 in another character, so Iā€™m trying to come up with different paths for my elementalist, that I hope to test if we really get that rank reset event.

Did they redistribute other items that are currently in the limbo? Anti-dark property bracelet (for the Rhevisan Bracelet recipe), Ignition Recipe, Sage Wall Recipe, etc? Iā€™m wondering if theyā€™re changing the loot list of all dungeon cubes besides the one from the DG50.

reset the second to enchanter or a pvp char with kinoshadow.
the best you can do with ele3 is warlock 3.

what about archer class now? what poppular build ? and some vid ?

any of the ktest players have a video of doppelā€™s Punish skill after the change? (+1)

If I understood the change correctly, Punish wonā€™t bug out anymore adding more lines of damage depending on how many monsters it hits, it will always be 2 hits now (it took them 6 months to notice Punish was extremely OP lol)
So you can easly test the new damage, checking how much damage youā€™re dealing per line and reduce to 2 hits only. :slight_smile:

For example, this is an old .gif posted by a user on the doppel thread back in May2017 when we were testing new things out (this is how currently Punish: Earthquake works):

As you can see, it deals 70k-ish non crit damage 8-9 times on every monster (enjoy the floor sweeping!) the new Punish instead will deal its damage for 2 hits only. :slight_smile:

I think so, will need to do the dungeons to confirm the drops though.

On the side note.

Out of Body for Sadhu is nerfed in R9. Kind of a slap in the face as it is already a super weak skill. Unlike the current R8 (iTos) which OOB still gets additional damage from stacking elemental property attacks, in kTest OOB doesnā€™t utilise elemental property attacks at all, aside from the bonuses gain from Transmit Prana.

[off topic]

another example of duplicate account making random comments in other thread after liking their relativeā€™s entry in fanart contest

@STAFF_Letitia

[off topic]

and hereā€™s one more. There are a lot more of these voting for the same guy. Please stop already Mr. Thinh Phuoc Nguyen Lang

@STAFF_Letitia

1 Like

Thanks for answering . I am appreciate that man , thank you so muchh

1 Like