Tree of Savior Forum

Krivis, Bokor and Taoist are the worst classes in Tree of Savior

Zaibas is bugged since patch release and even if it wasn’t, the damage is trash. Zombie damage is bad even with full SPR.
That being said, unless you want to be kriv/tao at all costs, I can give you a tip or two:

• Don’t try to be a kriv3 if you need dps

• If you are Bokor3, invest into damballa, its remove knockback and chance of zombification attributes. Heavily!

• Remember that damballa has a limit of 15 zombies at level 5, 18 with divine might, 21 with both divine might and Siaulamb Shaman Gem (but you should think twice before investing into this gem)

• You can switch into Plague Doctor for aoe and survivability (healing factor)

• Samediveve is not as good as chrono Haste, but it gives a nice speed buff

• Ogouveve buffs your zombies, debuffs enemies (with attribute) and taunts. Can be used with incinerate.

• Hexing helps you and featherfoots and vice versa

• Krivis C1 is good enough for the buffs/debuffs (daino, aukuras, zalciai), specially if you go into PD2

• Use Bwa Kayiman as CC

• Don’t rely on Effigy. It has a nice burst, but it isn’t spammable anymore to fill gaps.

• Unless you want to go the cheap priest way, you should go full int. Healing factor will sustain you anywhere.

• Take your time to learn the proper way to setup zombies for damballa explosion

P.S.
I’ve a Bokor since game’s launch.

Closing note:
Krivis is heavily bugged/nerfed and IMC has been amateurish enough to leave it that way during rank reset period.
Zombies damage, like all summons damage, is complete garbage.
But…
Since we are in a game still in beta, anything may change in the future, just don’t have high expectations and you’ll be fine.
Make sure to get last rank/skill/stats reset at last minute, so you will be able to use it tomorrow after maintenance, if anything changes and if they don’t remove them during maintenance.
After that, if you’re screwed, you’ll stay screwed.

4 Likes

Bokor’s zombie damage never been lackluster, the issue always been with their AI and move speed.

If you have all 19 zombies hitting a same target for 1k damage each, you have even more dps than a fully buffed chaplain.

However, zombies tend to go for different targets which make them feel like they don’t deal much damage. Their strength is in quantity rather than quality.

The issue with zombies being slow can be solved by maxing Samdieve and the wheelchair attribute. I feel like it should be 100% chance to make wheelchair, though, not 50%. You can go around this problem by taking priest 2 for Mass Heal and only healing the wheelchair zombies when they show up, but it’s a bit of effort to do so.

Taoist never been weak, it’s just a huge money sink class. Sort of like Murmillo. Even with papers costing 50 silvers, it’ll still be quite expensive. That’s why it’s not popular.

Krivis always been a bad class. The whole class always revolved around Melstis and Zaibas. They took down Zaibas by nerfing the damage way too much, so that pretty much killed the class. Melstis is still useful.

Kabbalist 2 and Oracle 3 feel much more lackluster than the classes you mentioned. These two classes are too heavily focused on pvp.

2nd this. Even with Tet Mamak La guiding the zombies to a location, they will just disperse themselves after reaching that skull location within a couple of seconds. Makes it really hard to control the zombies on where and what to fight.

It will be really great if the dot damage of Tet Mamak La gives a debuff to the monsters it hits and zombies will swarm towards that monster to attack it.

Sorry but 5 hammer is garbage with the new damage calculation, especially for bokor and krivis. Go pick up a Reine hammer, big difference in damage.

1 Like

How? Before this patch, in R8 maps, dungeons and during boss fights zombies died so fast that it didn’t make sense to not use damballa.
Now they live a bit longer, their damage is kinda ok in fields where mobs HP is lower, but in dungeons, HG and boss fights they are still underwhelming and using them for damballa burst is way better.

Of course, they are good enough to kill that “last mob in the room”, but that’s far from being “ok damage”.

1 Like

@Ayalon I just did a test with Malleus:

I just need to know, since it’s my first time using it, but do Malleus have a DoT? I’m asking because I saw some hits of 3-5k dmg when the zombies where attacking so I was wondering.

Also, I don’t recall correctly right now, but doesn’t the weapon damage also apply (or at least a part of it) to the minons with this new patch?

If that damage was from the zombies, then there is a potential build in there for zombify.

Malleus doesn’t have any DoT. It has some damage(7 hits I think) when you use it and that’s it. If a monster has that much matk they can reach that I think.

I don’t know about the weapon damage part… maybe try it without weapon? :smiley: I can’t anymore because I can’t live without my daino and extra heal tiles so I had to drop Bokor from my build…even tho I’m rly sad about it…

I only know one thing for sure… Malleus is mandantory for minion builds imo…XD

1 Like

https://pastebin.com/Bxg4vAT1

This is the only patch i found with summons gaining skill factor, but only says so for Sorc and Necro. At Boko section there is no mention to skill factor at all.

I don’t have a Bokor, but this would be easy to test ingame nonetheless, creating zombies with and without a weapon equiped (preference for weapons with no extra stats, just matk).

1 Like

Unfortunately I already reset that char, if we have luck to get another event like this on some major changes later on I will try it again.

Inq will be necessary, and since it increase based on my matt (at least is what appeared in the buff icon description) I guess a weapon with higher matt would increase even more the damage of zombies.

Damn If only I had this idea when the event started I could had created something nice lol.

I have a friend who kept his Bokor because it’s super strong.

No zombies though, that might be the fundamental difference.

Same person also has a Sadhu ending in Taoist that also does well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you give me some info about it?
I love bokor and hate zombies :confused: since I cannot find any info about a zombieless bokor I gave up on that idea, but I could use the last reset to become a bokor again :smiley:

haha, thank you so much my friend for letting people know that those beliefs are just a myth.

1 Like

zombieless bokor focuses on it’s hexing-effigy combo, it is really super effective when paired with plague doctor path. My former path before the combat system change applied was cleric2-bokor2-diev-pardo-pd2, then now i need to take the pardoner path out of my character since the discerning evil changed and it is now like a melstis-type of skill for the debuffs. So my new path is cleric2-bokor3-diev-pd2. I can tell you, this bokor can sweep dg290 as fast as you can expect if you get used to playing it. I did full run for the 290 this morning, solo, in less than 15mins. Try it, you wont regret it, just make sure to spend quite a fortune for sp pots. LOL

1 Like

Cleric3 is becoming increasingly popular because of how strong it is to heal-bomb things.

Also, the % are additive, even if Damballa exploded 18 zombies and did 16290% in AoE, the 30% from hexing would literally be added onto it, doing 16320%

Attributes work the same way, the % damage is not multiplicative like it was before, it is now added onto the % it already is.

Cleric C3 is still stronger. Even if all the heal tiles don’t hit the boss or enemy, luring them onto them is a thing. Priest C3 is stronger.

For all of you that say Bokor is amazing just because of Damballa, that’s like justifying pre-patch Sadhu being amazing because of possession. Just because a class may have 1 not-bad skill doesn’t mean you can ignore everything else about it.

For those saying Krivis is a good support, how? Divine Stigma’s duration is too short to be worthwhile, Aukuras is horrible, Zalicai is horrible. Melstis is now only worthwhile on a handful of skills. Daino is the only worthwhile support skill that Krivis has. The rest are just a waste of buff slots.

Zaibas is in no way a good damage skill at all. 82% damage at level 15… it’s probably one of the weakest skills in the game, I’m too tired to check though.

Zombies are not a good source of DPS. They die ALLL the time, even if you heal them. I don’t even think heal works on them, only mass heal does. They suck during bosses because they ALWAYS get knock backed, not even being able to attack. I’ll go find that one video of that Bokor3 trying to do the 290 dungeon.

Still not a Taoist yet, but after watching some videos, of people with amazing gear, it looks like it sucks, the only purpose of it being Dark Sight to hide.

But plague doctor is doing most of the killing in that build…

That’s the problem, SP Potions :smiley:
Hopefully, since I’ve used the reset to build an alchemist I can mitigate the SP problem

I imagine Hexing/Effigy 15 with Samediveve 10, maybe 1 Ogouveve just to add a debuff and rest in Mackangdal?
I intended to build my cleric as sadhu3/PD2 for ET purpose. Do you think the bokor will be viable as well?

@Lurii if attributes are additive doesn’t it mean that multihit like cure and zaibas will gain much more than other skills?

You can’t say that. You try to use only black death steam and incineration, you wont be killing the boss that fast. effigy will do tons of damage now even with 4secs cooldown. I tried killing mobs in 290 with just black death steam then pandemic and incineration and i need to recast the 2nd steam just to kill the remaining mobs that didnt die. But with hexed mobs, they die much much faster.

1 Like

I actually used this bokor-PD, since it’s my main character, in ET solmiki, and was able to get to 21-25f as dps character. So this path is a viable char for ET IMHO.

Care to provide proof besides your own alternate reality? C2 is fine enough to heal bomb, just saying.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I mean, even assuming you’re correct that it adds flat 30% skill factor to each hit (questionable given there’s skills like Cleave which definitely multiply the damage)
That’s still on 18 hits, so instead of 16320, it’d be 16830% at least.

If you’re going to argue with questionable math, at least don’t fail your own math.

Also

Note how each group MULTIPLY the skill factor.

Don’t think I ever say Bokor is amazing because of Damballa, if anything it’d be the 2600% skill factor (not counting hexing bonus yet) with 4s CD (around 6s if you count the time to use all 3 OH) Effigy, that can hit multiple target when spread with Pandemic.

What I did was simply math saying that damballa have higher skill factor than heal assuming both having their best case scenario (all 16 tiles hit vs all 18 zombies explosion)

Btw, rather than luring boss around, it’s usually easier to just use other skills and leave those extra heal tiles for healing. Given bosses’s size you do have to run pretty far before they even decide to run after you instead of just spamming more AoEs.

1 Like

That’s quite interesting.
Do you already have the improved Effigy on your server?

Damn, I love Samediveve so much that now I’m rly thinking of switching Sadhu to Bokor :smiley:
But I’ll need at least a Viena Mace, otherwise Effigy won’t make enough damage and the char will seem crappy