Tree of Savior Forum

🇰🇷 Expected Swordsman Class - [Hwarang] 🇰🇷

Now IMC is a Korean game but ToS has so far does not have a Korean culture based class. So its already assumed that it will be the the Hwarang. Think Knights/Samurai but Koreans version.

Now I expect IMC not to make Hwarang to be not samurai clone as cultural pride. Thus Hwarangs I expect will be similar to ToS Monks but use their Legs.

Yep, I am speaking of TAEKWONDO.

But this means also crossing fate their rival Gravity. RO’s Taekwon class.

To make ToS different, make Hwarang skills require the player to JUMP before activating skills. Hence making them more unique to other swordsmen classes and diferent from RO taekwon class. This also allows more dynamic use for the jump function offensively.

or

On that jumping thing: It’s a nice idea but shouldn’t be needed. You could give some skills an attribute that adds a damage boost when used while jumping. idea by @Brobbulus

examples:

Also since its korean, the community can understand why Hwarangs can be OP. Most other mmos make their native culture characters ingame to be very powerful versus their contemporaries.

@STAFF_J

6 Likes

1 Like

This class looks unique and interesting. But the jump requirement restriction isn’t really needed IMO. It is okay if some skills require jumping movement, but not all of them.

The only problem is, IMC already implement Luchador as their “wrestler” class. I’m not sure if this class is still viable or not.

Couldn’t we save up this “Sub-class” for a Fighter/Brawler Base class in the future?

Considering we already have a variety of classes using Two Handed Swords, Diferent Lances and all that I doubt that is a real problem.

We shall see what they add later both in regular clases and secret ones.

I guess that makes sense.

So far, we only have Luchador, Matador, Lancer, Retiarii, Murmillo, or maybe Centurion (if they aren’t removed).
From that setup, this is my prediction :

• rank 8 (Luchador, Matador)
  • rank 9 (Lancer, Murmillo)
  • rank 10 (Centurion, Retiarii)
    That doesn’t include the possible hidden class, so we lack around 1-2 classes if Centurion is completely removed from the game.

They could also always add Secret Classes to lower ranks eventually, which is great to keep the game alive.

Centurion’s position is in the air until we get the total rank count if you ask me, but it is very possible to be a only one circle class no doubt, maybe two. There’s no way they are removing it, it’s already made and extremely unique on top of all the players that have mentioned being hyped to use it.

2 Likes

On that jumping thing: It’s a nice idea but shouldn’t be needed. You could give some skills an attribute that adds a damage boost when used while jumping.

2 Likes

@Brobbulus i addeds your suggestion

I think it would be in their benefit even to expand on lower rank class availability in the future.
blames my cold if this is off topic

I would love to see a tank class that gets more damage according to the HP lost (a Berserker maybe). And also since we have a Wrestler why not a Boxer ? If you played Trickster you know what i mean.

1 Like

IMC will probably just expand hidden classes among the ranks to increase replay and making player re-roll new characters.

1 Like